ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

ali

CTF - what's the solution

33 minutes ago, simmo said:

Yet you can't quite put your finger on why my views are "racist".¬† ūü§Ē

Definition of racism

1: a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race

Now go back and read your posts.

Here's a clue;
When one says the English/Australians/Northerners/Muslims/Scots/Irish/Germans/French take your pick etc

that is racist (it doesn't really matter what you say after it).  Ie defining your behaviour towards an individual based on their nationality or race.

If you don't like your posts being called out as racist / fascist, stop posting racist & fascist comments.

If you are honestly shocked by the accusations, maybe you need to take a good look in the mirror and do some reading on the subject.
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Collie said:

Definition of racism

1: a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race

Here's a clue;
When one says the English/Australians/Northerners/Muslims/Scots/Irish/Germans/French take your pick etc

that is racist (it doesn't really matter what you say after it).  Ie defining your behaviour towards an individual based on their nationality or race.

If you don't like your posts being called out as racist / fascist, stop posting racist & fascist comments.

If you are honestly shocked by the accusations, maybe you need to take a good look in the mirror and do some reading on the subject.

‚ėĚÔłŹ

That.

6 hours ago, newjez said:

So, I express an opinion, then read a lot of other opinions, and then refine my opinion, and somehow you think this is odd?

Really? That's the way you go through life isn't it?

You form an opinion and then just argue without ever listening to counter arguments? Never changing your mind?

Because that is what you do.

Have you never thought this could be a personality flaw? It's certainly not normal.

It's almost like you are supporting a team, and never give any thoughts other than it's your team and you are supporting them.

You express an opinion then go and make a whole host of assumptions about someone else based on your opinion......most of which are so far off the mark its a joke hence why the crystal ball was introduced for you and Gbye.....the pair of you spent the best part of 2 years on the Brexit threads preaching your views and making assumptions about anyone else that disagreed with you.....they were racist.....homophobic.....misogynistic.....or just plain thick.....look at the highlighted part.....why are you suggesting I have a personality flaw?

Look at Gbye's recent response....."The standard of debate leaves much to be desired but I accept that many of the participants are not what could be described as deep-thinkers."ūüėā¬† arrogance springs to mind when I read things like that.......Maybe the likes of you and Gbye should go and find a new site with deep thinkers that can keep up with your ever changing views and opinions?......now theres a whole new angle to this......

I do not have a problem with CTF and or most of its content.....I agree with you that Brexit is probably responsible for most of this reaction we have now.....its split the bloody country so its bound to affect an internet chatroom......the only part I do not like is all the labelling that takes place by the moral high ground crew......its wrong and extremely offences to be called a racist or any of the many other labels that are used yet they think its acceptable and it is often over looked by the mods and very rarely reported by anyone.....if its factual then to me its acceptable.....if its speculation or assumption then its not.....I dont have a problem with the facts you raise but when you assume people are one way or another then I find that wrong.....stick to the facts and I don't think there can be too many issues.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, newjez said:

So, you think I object to your racist views because they are different to mine?

I object to your racist views because they are racist views.

Have you reported my "racist" views.? Or are you just happy to casually band the term about. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Collie said:

Definition of racism

Here's a clue;

So without all the fluff , are you insinuating that I am a racist?

6 hours ago, newjez said:

First one was a valid question. You were supporting an action that could have put your son or other people's sons into a terrible situation. I thought it fair to ask why.

The second was a joke, and anybody would have known it to be a joke over something I got sick of trying to explain to you over and over again.

I would never bring your kids or any member of your family into these debates.....you were totally out of order to even mention my son especially in the context that you used.....I'd mentioned him on another thread not connected at all with the Brexit thing.....I was extremely proud of him and thats why I raised it on another thread.....you brought him into the Brexit debate to score points and its those very actions that erode peoples trust and promote bad feelings towards other members.......

I've never felt the need to edit anyone's post I have quoted and I never would.....it is just pure stupidity..........a high school honours book or certificate of degree is not always an accurate indication of intelligence......maybe you should use some of that superior education you experienced to consider my previous sentence.....

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, simmo said:

Have you reported my "racist" views.? Or are you just happy to casually band the term about. 

thats the problem.....if they say it enough.....then it will true.....

• Like 2

1 minute ago, kungfustu said:

I would never bring your kids or any member of your family into these debates.....you were totally out of order to even mention my son especially in the context that you used....

Considering that nobody knows who you or your son is, and you post under a cartoon name,  you can't be that bright to get offended by somebody you don't know and who doesn't know you, suggesting that you were being hypocritical ?  You don't need superior intelligence to see that, just a bit of common sense.  He might as well be criticising your hamster. 

• Haha 1

"Nationalism is an infantile disease, it is the measles of mankind." Albert Einstein

• ¬†

16 minutes ago, simmo said:

Have you read them already, that was quick !  What do you think?

I think the point here is that ever since you were released from premod, you've tried to provoke people so you can report them.  Maybe you carry a chip on your shoulder, I don't know, but you appear to be a bit sick in the head to make that your main purpose in life.  25,000 posts from a bloke who doesn't even live in Australia would suggest there are some deep-seated identity  issues you still need to resolve personally.  You have the right to say what you like, but 25,000 posts about "blancmange"....seriously?

Nobody has reported you because we're adults and would prefer to tear into your viewpoints on here....but then you refuse to debate and post cartoons and smilies instead.  You've been silly enough to post articles from Far Right websites, that even instruct you to spam websites and then not get involved in debate.  That's why you never post a link to your sources, because everybody could then see which kind of embarrassing site you're getting your instructions from.   You're using PomsInOz for your own means and damn the site, it's members and it's owners.   

You're a troll and a spammer and your only purpose is waste people's time.  That's not an "insinuation", it's a unarguable statement based on your posting history.  Why do it?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4

"Nationalism is an infantile disease, it is the measles of mankind." Albert Einstein

• ¬†

16 minutes ago, Slean Wolfhead said:

I think the point here is that ever since you were released from premod, you've tried to provoke people so you can report them.  Maybe you carry a chip on your shoulder, I don't know, but you appear to be a bit sick in the head to make that your main purpose in life.  25,000 posts from a bloke who doesn't even live in Australia would suggest there are some deep-seated identity  issues you still need to resolve personally.  You have the right to say what you like, but 25,000 posts about "blancmange"....seriously?

Nobody has reported you because we're adults and would prefer to tear into your viewpoints on here....but then you refuse to debate and post cartoons and smilies instead.  You've been silly enough to post articles from Far Right websites, that even instruct you to spam websites and then not get involved in debate.  That's why you never post a link to your sources, because everybody could then see which kind of embarrassing site you're getting your instructions from.   You're using PomsInOz for your own means and damn the site, it's members and it's owners.   

You're a troll and a spammer and your only purpose is waste people's time.  That's not an "insinuation", it's a unarguable statement based on your posting history.  Why do it?

The thread title is "whats the solution"......never mind the solution......you are looking at the cause......

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, kungfustu said:

The thread title is "whats the solution"......never mind the solution......you are looking at the cause......

Generally you look at the cause when establishing a solution.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, kungfustu said:

thats the problem.....if they say it enough.....then it will true.....

Well no. If it's true then it will be true.

Although it is a bit rich for you to be critical of trumpism. Saying the wrong thing over and over again is a tactic used by the people you support.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, newjez said:

Generally you look at the cause when establishing a solution.

yes....and there it is.....can you see it aswell?

25 minutes ago, Slean Wolfhead said:

Calm down champ. I'm only asking someone to point out the racism.  They obviously can't.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, simmo said:

It's really not a matter of opinion simmo.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, newjez said:

Well no. If it's true then it will be true.

Although it is a bit rich for you to be critical of trumpism. Saying the wrong thing over and over again is a tactic used by the people you support.

how do you know "who I support"?

Is that just another one of your assumptions or is it fact based?

• Like 1

Just now, newjez said:

It's really not a matter of opinion simmo.

What is it then.  Show me!

• Like 1

Just now, kungfustu said:

yes....and there it is.....can you see it aswell?

Ambiguity is another tactic your group employ. Perhaps you could just say what you mean? Are you saying that generally you solve problems by ignoring the causes of those problems? Do you have much success with this?

• Haha 3

Just now, newjez said:

Ambiguity is another tactic your group employ. Perhaps you could just say what you mean? Are you saying that generally you solve problems by ignoring the causes of those problems? Do you have much success with this?

you should answer my question before asking one of your own?

• Like 1

Just now, kungfustu said:

how do you know "who I support"?

Is that just another one of your assumptions or is it fact based?

Read your posts mate if you have any doubts. This isn't rocket science. There is a clear unwavering pattern to the way you post.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, newjez said:

Seriously!

From someone who has never nailed their colours to the mast!

Show me the facts. Where are these racist homophobic posts?

Edited by simmo
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, simmo said:

What is it then.  Show me!

I have already stated it previously. 

• Haha 1

Just now, newjez said:

Read your posts mate if you have any doubts. This isn't rocket science. There is a clear unwavering pattern to the way you post.

so its your assumption then......I was right.....incidentally.....tell me what type of people it is I support.... I am genuinely interested to try and understand your assumptions.

• Like 2

Just now, newjez said:

I have already stated it previously. 

No you haven't .. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Collie said:

Definition of racism

Here's a clue;

I'm sure you know that it is not illegal to be homophobic or even racist in your beliefs.

Actually 40% of fair minded Australians voted against Same Sex Marriage. I was one of them obviously.

There is nothing wrong with me expressing my genuinely held views and I am free to do so.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I want it all, and I want it now.