You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

DrNemo

Becoming a business sponsor.

I moved to Hobart in Tas from the UK 6 years ago and now own a couple of GP clinics. I'm now looking at becoming a business sponsor. I have completed the online application but wondered if anyone else had been through this application and might have an idea of time to get approved? On the DIAC site all the timeframes talk about visas being granted not approved sponsor status. 

TIA

23 minutes ago, DrNemo said:

I moved to Hobart in Tas from the UK 6 years ago and now own a couple of GP clinics. I'm now looking at becoming a business sponsor. I have completed the online application but wondered if anyone else had been through this application and might have an idea of time to get approved? On the DIAC site all the timeframes talk about visas being granted not approved sponsor status. 

TIA

Hi @DrNemo

I am a Registered Migration Agent. When business apply, they often do this at the same time that they lodge a nomination application and visa application to sponsor someone in particular. For this reason, the processing times are generally grouped with the visa application / nomination times. If this is a Standard Business Sponsorship application for things like future 482 Visa holders - you could probably expect about 1 to 2 months for the application to be processed. 

Do you have someone in mind that you want to sponsor or are you just preparing for the eventuality within a few years? 

Migration Agent Registration Number: 1910034

info@fairgovisa.com.au
https://fairgovisa.com.au/

Edited by Marcus De Witt Ryall

23 hours ago, Marcus De Witt Ryall said:

someone in mind that you want to sponsor or are you just preparing for the eventuality within a few years? 

Thanks Marcus, someone potentially in mind but for them final step in a long line of paperwork having just been let down by another employer so don't want to hold them up if otherwise their visa would be relatively quick - I can't help but think it would be quicker if I was already an approved sponsor. 

On 14/02/2020 at 18:50, DrNemo said:

TIA

Generally sponsorship applications are being approved quite quickly at the moment, usually a couple of weeks if a decision ready application is lodged.

Raul T Senise

Registered Migration Agent

MARN 0636699

www.ozimmigration.com

"If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur."