Statutory Declaration - Previous offences (482)

Aussie_Blue

Hi all 🙂

I am hoping to be moving out to Aus in the next few months, I have uploaded all the appropriate information - I have submitted my ACRO form and I have a few minor offences from +10 years ago (Non-custodial)

I have been requested to organize a statutory declaration for my "previous offences" - In order to ensure I provide the right information in the right manner, can anyone advise a UK lawyer that could view my statement and recommend any necessary changes? 

Also, once this is finalised/approved by a lawyer - Who should sign this off?

I have a MA in Australia, its they who  suggested I put it together and recommended I get it signed off in the UK?

Maybe I have misunderstood their email-

So, If I reply back with the content for their approval THEN go to a UK solicitor as a witness? 

Is there any specific registration or  requirement of the UK solicitor or can any local solicitor sign it?

1 hour ago, paulhand said:

You don’t need a uk lawyer, you need an Australian Registered Migration Agent to check the content and they can either witness the declaration if they are local or a uk solicitor can do it. 

Hi Paul,

I have a MA in Australia, its they who  suggested I put it together and recommended I get it signed off in the UK?

So, If I reply back with the content for their approval THEN go to a UK solicitor as a witness? 

Is there any specific registration or  requirement of the UK solicitor or can any local solicitor sign it

10 hours ago, Aussie_Blue said:

Hi Paul,

Is there any specific registration or  requirement of the UK solicitor or can any local solicitor sign it

If you have an agent already, then assuming they are a Registered Migration Agent, you should do as they suggest as they know your case. I have only provided general comment.