You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

simmo

Princes Dianna

No we certainly won't be here.    Royalty has survived all sorts of traumas and dramas over the centuries.  Look at Henry VIII  ..............  all that scandal over his marriages.  We read about it now and wonder how he got away with it.  That's what I meant by how history will view our current royal family.  

For sure. It’d be fascinating to be a fly on the wall in general in 200 years in general. Reincarnation anyone ? And no, I’m not talking as a combustible fossil fuel

• Like 1

What is all this deliberately misspelling words for ?

I'm sure @simmo knows how to spell Princess and Diana.

I want it all, and I want it now.

3 hours ago, Parley said:

Just not in the title of the thread.

10 hours ago, Parley said:

I had been on the lash ,- schoolboy error 😂

BUT I DONT FEEL AFRAID

AS LONG AS I GAZE AT

WATERLOO SUNSET

IAM IN PARADISE

Just now, bunbury61 said:

I had been on the lash ,- schoolboy error 😂

Sorry ,HE had been on the lash , schoolboy error 😂

• Like 1

BUT I DONT FEEL AFRAID

AS LONG AS I GAZE AT

WATERLOO SUNSET

IAM IN PARADISE

STOP PRESS!!!   

<<<BREAKING NEWS>>>>

SIMMO FROM PIO MAKES SPELLING ERROR!!!!

😂

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, simmo said:

STOP PRESS!!!   

<<<BREAKING NEWS>>>>

SIMMO FROM PIO MAKES SPELLING ERROR!!!!

😂

You had one job mate.

1 minute ago, newjez said:

You had one job mate.

I know... I let you down

I let my family down

I let my PIO family down!!!!!

but most of all........

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, simmo said:

I know... I let you down

I let my family down

I let my PIO family down!!!!!

but most of all........

You let Dianna down.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, newjez said:

You let Dianna down.

a cross i have to bear 

On 12/02/2020 at 17:01, Paul1Perth said:

Suggested by who? One of those parasite royal watchers and documenters that seem to be making a good living by making stuff up and somehow getting on TV.

She said she was bulimic - i'm sure I read she self-harmed

• Like 1

I just want PIO to be a happy place where people are nice to each other and unicorns poop rainbows

4 hours ago, ali said:

She said she was bulimic - i'm sure I read she self-harmed

Apparently so - but only after she got married to a man that clearly didnt love her .

A cry for help ,I think .

The pressure she must have been under .

Instead of putting her forward and supporting her , charles couldn't cope with the fact that the public were there to see her not him .

He should have celebrated her beauty , and her adoration by the british public .

And when she gave him 2 sons , and was going through a very difficult time , he should have been there , supporting her ,instead of sneaking off and shagging someone else .

• Like 2

BUT I DONT FEEL AFRAID

AS LONG AS I GAZE AT

WATERLOO SUNSET

IAM IN PARADISE

7 hours ago, bunbury61 said:

Apparently so - but only after she got married to a man that clearly didnt love her .

A cry for help ,I think .

The pressure she must have been under .

Yes, I think she was a bit of a lamb to the slaughter.    She was a sweet girl but not that bright (she failed all her O-levels twice and left school at 16).  She grew up in aristocratic circles where it was expected that you marry for money or status, not love - if you wanted love, you just took lovers.  It's hard to believe she wasn't aware of that culture, growing up in the middle of it - but it sounds as though she was quite a dreamy girl, so maybe it all went over her head.

By all accounts, Charles didn't hide his involvement with Camilla and Diana knew about her before the wedding.  She considered pulling out, but her family made her go through with it.  

• Like 4

Scot by birth, emigrated 1985 | Aussie husband applied UK spouse visa Jan 2015, granted March 2015, moved to UK May 2015 | Returned to Oz June 2016

"The stranger who comes home does not make himself at home but makes home itself strange." -- Rainer Maria Rilke

54 minutes ago, Marisawright said:

Yes, I think she was a bit of a lamb to the slaughter.    She was a sweet girl but not that bright (she failed all her O-levels twice and left school at 16).  She grew up in aristocratic circles where it was expected that you marry for money or status, not love - if you wanted love, you just took lovers.  It's hard to believe she wasn't aware of that culture, growing up in the middle of it - but it sounds as though she was quite a dreamy girl, so maybe it all went over her head.

By all accounts, Charles didn't hide his involvement with Camilla and Diana knew about her before the wedding.  She considered pulling out, but her family made her go through with it.  

I think you're right, I do think she was probably naïve - hadn't she only really met him a couple of times - an arranged marriage really.  

• Like 1

I just want PIO to be a happy place where people are nice to each other and unicorns poop rainbows

48 minutes ago, ali said:

I think you're right, I do think she was probably naïve - hadn't she only really met him a couple of times - an arranged marriage really.  

They met several times before they were a couple  - the Spencers are part of the Royal set and he dated her sister for a whlie.   Later, they had a dozen or so dates, and she spent a weekend on the royal yacht and a holiday at Balmoral.  But yes, I find it hard to believe she would think it was a genuine love match.  

Edited by Marisawright
  • Like 1

Scot by birth, emigrated 1985 | Aussie husband applied UK spouse visa Jan 2015, granted March 2015, moved to UK May 2015 | Returned to Oz June 2016

"The stranger who comes home does not make himself at home but makes home itself strange." -- Rainer Maria Rilke

They met several times before they were a couple  - the Spencers are part of the Royal set and he dated her sister for a whlie.   Later, they had a dozen or so dates, and she spent a weekend on the royal yacht and a holiday at Balmoral.  But yes, I find it hard to believe she would think it was a genuine love match.  

From what I’ve read or watched, it looked like her parent’s divorce, her Mum leaving etc, really affected her and meant she was looking for something at all costs that could not be provided by marrying into the Royal family.

She was groomed to be one thing (a consort), all her life, but her own issues meant she wanted more. She was looking to HRH and the Royals to give it to her, and the reality that they couldn’t was one she couldn’t cope with, hence her physical and mental issues. I don’t blame her, it was like a lamb to the slaughter, knowing her fate, but wishing and hoping for the opposite of the reality. No wonder it affected her as it did. She wanted to ‘break’ the mould, do the impossible, etc. Of course that would not end well.

I think it was very sad that Diana and her mother had a falling out and her mother stated that they hadn't spoken to each other in the four months before Diana's death so the rift between them was never healed.  Lady Fermoy (Diana's maternal grandmother) also said she and Diana weren't on speaking terms either before her death.  Not a happy family.

• Like 1

On 12/02/2020 at 16:00, simmo said:

Am I the only one who thinks she was a bit of an attention seeking diva?

Like so many people when they die young, she became a saint overnight.  It helped that she was glamorous and pretty and knew how to bat her eyelashes (that bashful look always looked utterly contrived to me).   When I worked at the Royal Academy of Dancing, I came in contact with quite a number of upper-class types who knew her fairly well (she loved ballet).

From what they said, she sounded like a typical spoilt Sloane Ranger, used to a life of privilege and partying.  She was sent to a posh finishing school after her O levels, which was really just designed to prepare her for marriage to some rich toff, rather than any kind of career.   

3 minutes ago, Marisawright said:

Like so many people when they die young, she became a saint overnight.  It helped that she was glamorous and pretty and knew how to bat her eyelashes (that bashful look always looked utterly contrived to me).   When I worked at the Royal Academy of Dancing, I came in contact with quite a number of upper-class types who knew her fairly well (she loved ballet).

From what they said, she sounded like a typical spoilt Sloane Ranger, used to a life of privilege and partying.  She was sent to a posh finishing school after her O levels, which was really just designed to prepare her for marriage to some rich toff, rather than any kind of career.   

I have worked for a couple of aristocratic families  ................  children packed off to boarding school at 7 or 8 years old  .............  only mixing with the same sort of upper class children then the males usually had a job lined up via the old boy network and the females went to a finishing school in France of Switzerland.  After that it was a job in an art gallery or auction house again via friends of the family.  They usually lived in a lovely London flat in a good address courtesy of their parents then marriage to a suitable chap.  The children I knew from those families (and I'm going back a lot of years) have all been married and divorced at least twice.  All of them were lovely children but they do grow up in a bubble.  I think it has probably changed quite a bit since then.

• Like 3