Jump to content

You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

simmo

Princes Dianna

Recommended Posts

The "people's Princess"

Am I the only one who thinks she was a bit of an attention seeking diva?

Also a bit of a floosey.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, simmo said:

The "people's Princess"

Am I the only one who thinks she was a bit of an attention seeking diva?

Also a bit of a floosey.

She had terrible taste in men.  I think she was a breath of fresh air in the royal family and her death was a real shock but I couldn't understand the  grief stricken hysteria in the aftermath of her death.  

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Probably just you. She was young, naive in a loveless marriage and impressionable. She was no Kate or Megan ( worldly wise).

 

She was no diva, anyone who met her be they an aids patient/sufferer of famine or a president/celebrity found her to be warm, empathic and a touch of class. Nothing diva/fake about her.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, ssiri said:

Probably just you. She was young, naive in a loveless marriage and impressionable. She was no Kate or Megan ( worldly wise).

 

She was no diva, anyone who met her be they an aids patient/sufferer of famine or a president/celebrity found her to be warm, empathic and a touch of class. Nothing diva/fake about her.

 

 

It has been suggested that she had borderline personality disorder.  Maybe that's why her two sons helped launch a mental health campaign.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
It has been suggested that she had borderline personality disorder.  Maybe that's why her two sons helped launch a mental health campaign.



Interesting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Princes Dianna 😂.

Sounds like mackerel in sauce.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Effectively killed by the media.

 

 

  • Like 1

Drinking rum before 11am does not make you an alcoholic, it makes you pirate..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, s713 said:

Princes Dianna 😂.

Sounds like mackerel in sauce.

Two words, both spelt wrong.   I can see why he usually copy and pastes other people's words...safer that way. 😜

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

"Nationalism is an infantile disease, it is the measles of mankind." Albert Einstein

  •  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Toots said:

It has been suggested that she had borderline personality disorder.  Maybe that's why her two sons helped launch a mental health campaign.

Suggested by who? One of those parasite royal watchers and documenters that seem to be making a good living by making stuff up and somehow getting on TV.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, simmo said:

The "people's Princess"

Am I the only one who thinks she was a bit of an attention seeking diva?

Also a bit of a floosey.

She was still fairly young and good looking and the media just loved to find out who she was bonking. I don't think she was any more promiscuous than loads of ladies her age. Just that she couldn't exactly keep stuff secret and she mixed in circles most could only dream of.

Serious cash is a big attraction I'm sure.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Paul1Perth said:

Suggested by who? One of those parasite royal watchers and documenters that seem to be making a good living by making stuff up and somehow getting on TV.

It's well known she had eating disorders and tried to throw herself down stairs when she was pregnant with William.   She was obviously an unhappy woman and I felt sorry for her.  To heaps of people she could do no wrong.  Nothing wrong with that.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, simmo said:

The "people's Princess"

Am I the only one who thinks she was a bit of an attention seeking diva?

Also a bit of a floosey.

As I have mentioned before simmo , I was talking ,recently ,to someone who worked directly for her , and they said she was lovely .

What you have to remember she was a 19 yr old virgin , with royal connections .

Charles was 30 - 31 and his old man was on his case , about finding a suitable " baby factory " , to give him one or two sons .

Charles even wore the cufflinks given to him by camilla , on his wedding day .

No wonder this young girl was mentally all over the shop .

She had zero support , charles was jealous of the attention she received , and on top of that the bloody press hounded her constantly .

If she had mental health issues or was a floosie or an attention seeker , it's no wonder .

She had to get love from somewhere .

 

  • Like 3

BUT I DONT FEEL AFRAID

AS LONG AS I GAZE AT

WATERLOO SUNSET

IAM IN PARADISE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, bunbury61 said:

As I have mentioned before simmo , I was talking ,recently ,to someone who worked directly for her , and they said she was lovely .

What you have to remember she was a 19 yr old virgin , with royal connections .

How the hell do you know that 🤣 ?  Believe anything you would.

  • Like 1

"Nationalism is an infantile disease, it is the measles of mankind." Albert Einstein

  •  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Slean Wolfhead said:

How the hell do you know that 🤣 ?  Believe anything you would.

Maybe he tested her?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t think she was killed by the media but by forces closer to the throne. She was an embarrassment to them.

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

she was ok but didn't like having her toes sucked apparently …..


Voted Best Newcomer 2010 by PIO Members.......Thank you....x

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Toots said:

It's well known she had eating disorders and tried to throw herself down stairs when she was pregnant with William.   She was obviously an unhappy woman and I felt sorry for her.  To heaps of people she could do no wrong.  Nothing wrong with that.

Imagine being in her position - married to the future king , 2 young children , under constant press scrutiny , oh , and your old man is having a long term  affair , and you know it 

And where was the support network ?

She had so called " friends" , people she thought she could trust selling their souls to the tabloids for a few grand - no wonder she was messed up 

I have heard people who worked for her , and I have seen one or two so called celebrities " live" talk about her , not only as truly stunning in the flesh , but a wonderful person - very very sad .

I know exactly where I was when I heard she had died , and my wife and myself were gutted .

I took my eldest into birmingham city centre a few days later - she was 5 at the time 

Someone had put a single flower by a tree 2 days before .

That had grown to an area 40 yds across , and the flowers were 3ft high  .

They had a book of condolence in st Philip's church in birmingham city centre  .

Everybody in the queue was in tears , including big burly blokes .

The nation stopped for a whole week - it shut down - the place was in shock .

 Innocence lost - she was much loved by the public , of all races .

It's a good job the royal family heeded the warning to return from balmoral - there was a lot of anger ,  towards them , and mainly the press .

For a few days the country was on a knife edge .

 

  • Like 1

BUT I DONT FEEL AFRAID

AS LONG AS I GAZE AT

WATERLOO SUNSET

IAM IN PARADISE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

She was a style icon , beautiful , and loved the world over 

Charles was a very lucky man - what a fool .

She would have been our future queen 

Very sad 

Princess-Diana-Fashion-and-Style-Icon-Photo-C-GETTY-IMAGES-0050.jpg

  • Like 1

BUT I DONT FEEL AFRAID

AS LONG AS I GAZE AT

WATERLOO SUNSET

IAM IN PARADISE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was a kid when Diana died. I can still sing Candle in the wind by heart. She and Mother Teresa who is now a saint were close friends.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, bunbury61 said:

As I have mentioned before simmo , I was talking ,recently ,to someone who worked directly for her , and they said she was lovely .

What you have to remember she was a 19 yr old virgin , with royal connections .

Charles was 30 - 31 and his old man was on his case , about finding a suitable " baby factory " , to give him one or two sons .

Charles even wore the cufflinks given to him by camilla , on his wedding day .

No wonder this young girl was mentally all over the shop .

She had zero support , charles was jealous of the attention she received , and on top of that the bloody press hounded her constantly .

If she had mental health issues or was a floosie or an attention seeker , it's no wonder .

She had to get love from somewhere .

 

A 19 year old good looking virgin would have been like finding rocking horse poo in the UK those days. I wouldn't be too sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, bunbury61 said:

Imagine being in her position - married to the future king , 2 young children , under constant press scrutiny , oh , and your old man is having a long term  affair , and you know it 

And where was the support network ?

She had so called " friends" , people she thought she could trust selling their souls to the tabloids for a few grand - no wonder she was messed up 

I have heard people who worked for her , and I have seen one or two so called celebrities " live" talk about her , not only as truly stunning in the flesh , but a wonderful person - very very sad .

I know exactly where I was when I heard she had died , and my wife and myself were gutted .

I took my eldest into birmingham city centre a few days later - she was 5 at the time 

Someone had put a single flower by a tree 2 days before .

That had grown to an area 40 yds across , and the flowers were 3ft high  .

They had a book of condolence in st Philip's church in birmingham city centre  .

Everybody in the queue was in tears , including big burly blokes .

The nation stopped for a whole week - it shut down - the place was in shock .

 Innocence lost - she was much loved by the public , of all races .

It's a good job the royal family heeded the warning to return from balmoral - there was a lot of anger ,  towards them , and mainly the press .

For a few days the country was on a knife edge .

 

 

It would be good to see how history views the whole saga 200 years down the track.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
It would be good to see how history views the whole saga 200 years down the track.


Except we won’t be here. Will Royalty, or even the UK, anyone be here? In the way that we are here?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, ssiri said:

 


Except we won’t be here. Will Royalty, or even the UK, anyone be here? In the way that we are here?

 

No we certainly won't be here.  😄  Royalty has survived all sorts of traumas and dramas over the centuries.  Look at Henry VIII  ..............  all that scandal over his marriages.  We read about it now and wonder how he got away with it.  That's what I meant by how history will view our current royal family.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×