SA 190 invitation

Smith270310

We are currently awaiting an invitation from SA for a 190, - plumber 65 + 5. We submitted our EOI on 15th November and not heard a thing. Is anyone else at a similar timeline to us? The annoying thing is other who have submitted just before us heard much sooner than this. Any advise would be greatly appreciated I’m starting to worry a little. They have since totally raised the points for the 190 to a minimum of 95 point. Our agent has said they will treat our application with the criteria that was expected on he date we applied.

2 hours ago, VERYSTORMY said:

Your agent is correct and you will I am afraid just have to be patient. It is probably just that in Oz, many people take annual leave through the summer, add in Christmas and it results in slow downs every year. 

Thank you for your reply. I guess patience is what is required. I suppose I’m just starting to panic a little and was wondering if anyone else was in a similar situation. This new visa seems to have totally changed the way things are done. 

1 hour ago, Smith270310 said:

Thank you for your reply. I guess patience is what is required. I suppose I’m just starting to panic a little and was wondering if anyone else was in a similar situation. This new visa seems to have totally changed the way things are done. 

It hasn't totally changed things, it has changed things a bit.  However you need to realise that although it's called a "queue", it has never been a queue, really.   For the 189 visa, they cherry-pick the people with the highest points even if they came in later.  For the 190 visa, they cherry-pick the people they want to pick, based on the needs of the state at the time.  So patience is a virtue because it's totally unpredictable.

Processing time is at 12 weeks and as verystormy points out, we have had xmas in between that.

I think it was 5 weeks when I submitted earlier in the year and I heard after 4.

I'd have thought that you will hear something in the next couple of weeks.

Try and forget about things as much as you can because everything will be slowing down further now anyway before picking up again in July.

2 hours ago, Smith270310 said:

They have been inviting 491s within their processing times and one plumber that applied after us (but with a 491). I really hope it’s soon! 

They are different teams (or at least different quotas) so you can't compare your experience to someone applyimg for a different visa.

It's like saying you applied for a Job with worldwide plumbers in England and 2 days later your mate applied for a job with worldwide plumbers in Northern Ireland but they heard back first. You haven't applied for the same thing so you can't compare the process and draw any useful parallels

3 hours ago, Ausvisitor said:

They are different teams (or at least different quotas) so you can't compare your experience to someone applyimg for a different visa.

It's like saying you applied for a Job with worldwide plumbers in England and 2 days later your mate applied for a job with worldwide plumbers in Northern Ireland but they heard back first. You haven't applied for the same thing so you can't compare the process and draw any useful parallels

I knew there were different quotas but didn’t think about the possibility of different teams. I know there will be a limited quota for different occupation that’s why I thought it was unfair for them to have applied after me and get an invite quicker on the same occupation. Anyway what will be will be and speaking about it won’t make a difference. It’s hard when you are in limbo. Thank you for your input.

19 minutes ago, Smith270310 said:

I knew there were different quotas but didn’t think about the possibility of different teams. I know there will be a limited quota for different occupation that’s why I thought it was unfair for them to have applied after me and get an invite quicker on the same occupation. Anyway what will be will be and speaking about it won’t make a difference. It’s hard when you are in limbo. Thank you for your input.

It is difficult in the waiting, and as you are seeing it's hard to see others get what you want quicker than you are. Keep the faith and hopefully it will come