Completion of Form 47PA-help please

DaveP

Apols if asked before. I am the main applicant for a 47PA. my wife of 42 yrs is the second named person. Our son, soon to be 40 is/will be our sponsor. In Q13 it asks for details of any previous visas. we have only visited Australia under an ETA which is, as far as I can find is NOT a Visa, Should I answer the question as NO or UNSURE?

Screenshot 2020-02-09 at 17.54.53.png

When I completed this form (or its predecessor) years ago for my mum I filled in all visitor visas she had held for Australia. I remember as I had to sit with her passport tracking the stamps in and out for dates. 

I’d fill it in, as Paul says a visitor visa is a visa.

Good luck, the visa paperwork can be tortuous.

8 minutes ago, Ausvisitor said:

I guess the confusion here comes from the USAs ESTA which whilst sounding the same as an Oz ETA and applied for in much the same way is not a visa the ESTA is a visa waiver.

The ETA despite being very similar is a visa it's just electronic rather than paper and ink

All Australian visas are electronic these days.  

ETAs are visas, but they do act slightly differently to other substantive visas in some respects. 

Thank you for your insightful replies to this question. How I will find the details of all my ETAs is another matter. Strimmed as out of date over time and only now looking at a possible move to Oz!! Thank you again. Diolch yn Fawr ( Welsh for than you very much(:-))

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...
On 18/05/2020 at 22:04, Ausvisitor said:

If that really is all you have, then that is all you can give. 

Hi ,

Thanks for the reply, My documents reached today at perth centre. How much time does it take them to grant the bridging visa ,My parents current visa expires in 10 June 2020,

Do they send an email informing us about the BV, does it come along with Acknowledgement,

Any suggestion please

19 minutes ago, paulhand said:

It's been taking a few weeks but people's mileage does vary on this.

Thanks for the reply when you say few weeks ,Is there any number like 2~3 weeks ? Is there any way to contact them

Edited by ausdre