Refusal Visa

Frank4893

Please I need a professional advise on how I can address this on my next application ,  I'm from Africa, Ghana and I applied a tourist visa subclass 600 but I was refused as a result of the below reason..... 

My decision is based on the following factors You wish to travel to Australia for Tourism purposes. In your application form, you have not declared any friends, relatives or contacts in Australia. Whilst I have considered your travel itinerary for your visit, I note that you have presented a limited travel history. I therefore question as to why you would choose Australia as one of your first travel destinations given the longevity of the flight and that there are more desirable destinations closer to your home country. After considering the information provided, I am not satisfied that the applicant genuinely intends to stay temporarily in Australia for the purposes set out above. Therefore, I am not satisfied that the applicant meets the relevant criteria in clause 600.211 in Schedule 2 of the Migration Regulations.

IMG_20200205_230627_137.jpg

17 minutes ago, Toots said:

Did you have confirmed hotel bookings or had you booked sight seeing tours?  Most visitors to Australia have both of those or else they have the addresses of friend or relatives they will be staying with in Australia.

Most do, but most also make sure they can get the visa before spending money that can't be returned.

It seems like a catch22.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Frank4893 said:

Okay thank you,  but for my traveling history, I lost my previous passport which contained my traveling histories but I do have my police report as evidence and my flight tickets,  would this be of help to me in my next application? 

Immigration can be quite strict.  You could be asked when you enter Australia what your plans are and where you will be staying.  I think immigration and border security might think you were planning to come here to work.

Good luck with your next application. 😀

I haven't been to Australia before,  just my first time but I have visited other countries but the problem is I lost my previous passport which contains my traveling histories but I do my the flight ticket I used and also I can provide my police report which I use to obtained a new passport which I have now. 

Visitor visas are particularly random and there are many unjustified refusals. If you reapply, address the issues in the previous refusal, particularly If you can demonstrate a more comprehensive travel history than you previous shared. Take the other advice on itineraries as well. Make sure you demonstrate that you have a bigger incentive to return home than stay illegally in Australia (letter from employer etc). 

We are all frustrated by this situation, but perseverance does sometimes pay off. 

On 08/02/2020 at 11:52, paulhand said:

Visitor visas are particularly random and there are many unjustified refusals. If you reapply, address the issues in the previous refusal, particularly If you can demonstrate a more comprehensive travel history than you previous shared. Take the other advice on itineraries as well. Make sure you demonstrate that you have a bigger incentive to return home than stay illegally in Australia (letter from employer etc). 

We are all frustrated by this situation, but perseverance does sometimes pay off. 

Thanks for your advise,  please how do I demonstrate about my travel history,  I need a help on this. 

2 hours ago, Frank4893 said:

Thanks for your advise,  please how do I demonstrate about my travel history,  I need a help on this. 

Airline booking receipts (from your email when you booked)

Airline online checkin emails from when you checkin

Paper boarding passes

Bank Statements showing transactions abroad buffered either side by transactions in your home country

Hotel booking receipts and/or bills sent by email

You are simply looking to highlight that when you travel you come home - that should be easy enough to show (obviiously the passport is the easiest but if you haven't got that then the above will show the patterm)

12 minutes ago, Ausvisitor said:

Airline booking receipts (from your email when you booked)

Airline online checkin emails from when you checkin

Paper boarding passes

Bank Statements showing transactions abroad buffered either side by transactions in your home country

Hotel booking receipts and/or bills sent by email

You are simply looking to highlight that when you travel you come home - that should be easy enough to show (obviiously the passport is the easiest but if you haven't got that then the above will show the patterm)

Thank you for your respond, unfortunately I didn't have those record because my flight was booked by an agent and I can't get it out easily,  but recently I traveled to Thailand this January and I spent only 6 days which was stated on my passport stamped,  hope this will also help? 

24 minutes ago, Frank4893 said:

Thank you for your respond, unfortunately I didn't have those record because my flight was booked by an agent and I can't get it out easily,  but recently I traveled to Thailand this January and I spent only 6 days which was stated on my passport stamped,  hope this will also help? 

The agent will be able to supply you with details of your previous booking.

It’s also to do with your intent to return home. 

return flights 

a job 

family / children 

a business 

good life back home 

financially secure 

a mortgage / rental agreement 

ongoing bills while you are away, car payments, electricity memberships 

Edited by Samson