UK Marriage Visa

Donnab03

My Fiance and I are currently happy and living in Australia. I'm a permanant resident (UK born) and my partner has just applied for residency (Brazilian born).

In March we are flying to the UK to do the legal side of our marriage which will be in August in county Durham NE England. After the wedding in August we are planning to return straight to Australia after our honeymoon. 

My question is, do we need a marriage visa?

TIA 

Donna

1 hour ago, Marisawright said:

If you are not resident in the UK how will you manage to get legally married there?

Don't they just have to give notice at a specific registry office and wait an extra few weeks? 

If you or your partner is from outside the EU, EEA or from Switzerland

You need to give notice together at a designated register office, even if you live in different districts. The immigration authorities at the Home Office will be told. If this happens you may need to wait up to 70 days before getting married or forming a civil partnership.

1 hour ago, Marisawright said:

If you are not resident in the UK how will you manage to get legally married there?

Hi Marisa, yes I'm a citizen of the UK however I reside in Australia. 

My partner does not need a visa to go to enter the UK suprisingly. 

I'm just about to book my appointment at the county council to register with all the documents. 

Sounds like I will need a marriage visa 

Thank you

If you mean a visa to re enter Australia, then if they are already a permanent resident of Australia, no, they don't need any visa to enter Australia. The marriage has no impact on their existing visa. 

If though, their permanent residence visa has not yet being granted then that may complicate things. 

They may need a visitor visa to enter the UK 

2 hours ago, Donnab03 said:

Hi Marisa, yes I'm a citizen of the UK however I reside in Australia. 

My partner does not need a visa to go to enter the UK suprisingly. 

I'm just about to book my appointment at the county council to register with all the documents. 

Sounds like I will need a marriage visa 

https://www.gov.uk/marriage-visa

Remember to allow enough time to get the visa before you travel, and then allow enough time from registering the marriage to the date of the actual marriage