Invitation 190 Queensland

Hazey3874

Hi everyone,

dealing with a Qld 190 state nomination... so pleased to get an invite but have 14 days to submit any extra required documentation.. including QCT (teaching certificate ADDITIONAL) to skills assessment which might take 4-6weeks! 
does anyone know if your EOI case officer has the authority to ‘hold’ your application open whilst you await a document? We asked for extension and got a week.. just wondering if they have much say over what happens to invitations/pending applications?!

Also if anyone has experienced this and has recently had their QCT from overseas, how long did it take... 

thanks in advance 

jack 

14 minutes ago, Hazey3874 said:

Hi everyone,

dealing with a Qld 190 state nomination... so pleased to get an invite but have 14 days to submit any extra required documentation.. including QCT (teaching certificate ADDITIONAL) to skills assessment which might take 4-6weeks! 
does anyone know if your EOI case officer has the authority to ‘hold’ your application open whilst you await a document? We asked for extension and got a week.. just wondering if they have much say over what happens to invitations/pending applications?!

Also if anyone has experienced this and has recently had their QCT from overseas, how long did it take... 

thanks in advance 

jack 

The process is supposed to be - you get the confirmed skills assessment and then you submit the EOI

The document they are requesting suggests (unless I'm reading it wrong) that you didn't get your confirmed skills assessment before lodging an EOI - if thats the case I can't see them being very sympathetic to a "hold"

If it is in fact a completely new document that the department wants to see (even though you have a confirmed skills assessment) then they may well be much more amenable

Thanks for the reply.... the skills assessment was completed a while ago... it’s the QCT for Queensland for teaching which they have asked for as in addition... which he has given us 14 days to get.  Processing time for overseas states up to 12 weeks... we may loose our nomination unless someone can help... and we will be devastated 

I guess we just hope he will wait but it seems unlikely.

jack 

I just took a look on the ANZSOSEARCH website (which whilst not the official government site does tend to be pretty up to date).

It's not great news unfortunately.

The job "SECONDARY TEACHER" requires "Require registration with the Queensland College of Teachers" in order to apply for sponsorship.

It's made worse by the fact that as of right now QLD has closed applications for secondary teachers to the 190 visa and is only accepting 491 applicants, so if you don't get given time to get the QCT certificate it looks like your only option would be to refile (after getting the QCT) for a 491 - which is significantly more restrictive than a 190 (not least of which it is a provisional rather than a permanent residency and the fact you can't use it to live/work in BRISBANE or the GOLD COAST you have to go somewhere further afield)

What is your agent saying about this, they should have been aware and they should be sorting this for you!

The agent is saying he will give us until the 24 th of February to have the QCT certificate attached and the documents will only arrive on Monday to be assessed ... so basically 2 weeks.... the assessment time for overseas applicants for the QCT states on their website that it’s  up to 12 weeks for non-residents.... so wondering why he didn’t know this and why he offered us the invite at all.... 

All we can do is contact Queensland teaching and see if any way they can get it done in time I guess but I’m not optimistic.

Not sure if that’s accurate as secondary school teachers have just been added to the site

jack

So I think we are confusing the word agent. By agent I mean your MARA registered migratation consultant that you are paying, from what I'm reading above you are using agent to mean the case officer within QLD nominating office.

They offer you the invite based on the basis that your points are correct and you meet all the pre-requisites. The process after the invite is to verify that you did in fact meet those requirements.

https://migration.qld.gov.au/skilled-occupation-lists/

Check the above, whilst Secondary Teacher is technically available as a 190 and 491 visa, the state closed applications for all 190 visas at the end of November, so unless/until they reopen that blanket closure you can't apply for a new 190 nomination if this one is refused.

The link above quite clearly says that registration with QCT is an absolute requirement of being offered state sponsorship of any kind.

I would go back to your MARA agent and ask them why they let you file for a visa you didn;t yet meet the requirements for...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ausvisitor said:

I just took a look on the ANZSOSEARCH website (which whilst not the official government site does tend to be pretty up to date).

It's not great news unfortunately.

The job "SECONDARY TEACHER" requires "Require registration with the Queensland College of Teachers" in order to apply for sponsorship.

It's made worse by the fact that as of right now QLD has closed applications for secondary teachers to the 190 visa and is only accepting 491 applicants, so if you don't get given time to get the QCT certificate it looks like your only option would be to refile (after getting the QCT) for a 491 - which is significantly more restrictive than a 190 (not least of which it is a provisional rather than a permanent residency and the fact you can't use it to live/work in BRISBANE or the GOLD COAST you have to go somewhere further afield)

What is your agent saying about this, they should have been aware and they should be sorting this for you!

We submitted in nov and received an invite around the 8th jan, met all the requirements and have lodged. 

Im hoping you mean closed after we received our invite. 

Can you post the link to where its closed for secondary school teachers?

Also i believe gold coast is now regional so its fine for a 491?

Edited by 31Hillbury

5 hours ago, Hazey3874 said:

Hi everyone,

thanks in advance 

jack 

Which is why we always advise people to have ALL the necessary paperwork before lodging the EOI. It’s very clear from the BSMQ website the the QCT registration is a requirement for nomination and that you only have 2 weeks to provide paperwork once they contact you. 

2 hours ago, 31Hillbury said:

We submitted in nov and received an invite around the 8th jan, met all the requirements and have lodged. 

Im hoping you mean closed after we received our invite. 

Can you post the link to where its closed for secondary school teachers?

Also i believe gold coast is now regional so its fine for a 491?

I think he does. The QLD 190 programme is currently closed to everyone: https://migration.qld.gov.au/skilled-occupation-lists/ as they get inundated every time it opens. Gold Coast is OK for 491. 

21 minutes ago, paulhand said:

I think he does. The QLD 190 programme is currently closed to everyone: https://migration.qld.gov.au/skilled-occupation-lists/ as they get inundated every time it opens. Gold Coast is OK for 491. 

Yes that's what I meant it closed to new applications on 26th Nov for 190. Those in place before are OK.

My info on the Gold Coast must be out of date (again another reason why it's best to go for a professional rather than listen to a well meaning but ultimately wrong amateur)

Edited by Ausvisitor
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Hazey3874 said:

Hi everyone,

thanks in advance 

jack 

I'm afraid you may face the possibility of having to withdraw your 190 application or let it lapse Jack. As others have stated above, the requirements for teachers wishing to apply for a 190 in Qld is written in black and white.

Speak to a registered migration agent to see if there are other alternatives. And if you haven't already, speak to QCT to see if they can expedite your rego.

You may have to consider the 491.

Good luck mate.

Screenshot_20200208-134533_Chrome.jpg

We lodged our QCT registration about a week before the 190 window was open. They’re rather quite picky, we had to send multiple sheets extra to original application to satisfy what they were after, we received the registration 1 day before our original deadline (we asked for a extension just in case)

Im so glad it came through in time! 

the only chance you stand is if it’s a complete application with no additional evidence needed and you are onshore, or if they’re pushing it through for you. 

Thanks for the replies... to make things even more complicated my wife has been offered a PHD in Queensland starting in June of this year...which of course does not give PR and in addition we will have health cate costs. The invite for 190 was out of the blue hence why the QCT was not already gained.

it may be the case we have to go the student route and hope to gain PR after the course is complete.

jack

6 hours ago, Hazey3874 said:

. The invite for 190 was out of the blue hence why the QCT was not already gained.

Well, it can hardly have been out of the blue, you did have to apply for it, after all.   If you used an agent, you're entitled to lodge a formal complaint that they failed to complete the application properly (since the QCT is a fundamental requirement), so you might get your fee back.  

7 hours ago, Hazey3874 said:

It actually was out of the blue as we didn’t think we stood a chance... given the low level of invites... we didn’t use an agent and that’s probably our downfall..

thanks 

Jack

Given the scarecity of QLD 190 invites this is doubly sad...

Firstly it's sad for you as you've had a sniff of an opportunity to realise a dream and now probably may fail due to the lack of a piece of paper.

Secondly it's sad for those behind you in the queue who have gone through the process correctly and got the paperwork in place before applying and didn't get an invite, maybe they were next on the the list but you got it before them, even though it's likely useless to you without the paperwork.