Project Administrator 511112 Criteria

Dionne

Hello

Has anyone experience of evidencing projects for Prog/ Project Administrator. Vetassess request at least 3 projects however for my eligible years of employment I was managing a three year programme. Still timebound with my role profile clearly titled as PM but wondering if this would be negatively assessed?

Also I am hoping my APMP PMQ qualification might help support my degree, which I don't think would be deemed highly relevant (BA Hons Politics with experience managing projects in public sector?). PMQ is commensurate with level SCQF Level 7, does anyone know how that maps with AQF? 

45 minutes ago, Dionne said:

Hello

Has anyone experience of evidencing projects for Prog/ Project Administrator. Vetassess request at least 3 projects however for my eligible years of employment I was managing a three year programme. Still timebound with my role profile clearly titled as PM but wondering if this would be negatively assessed?

Also I am hoping my APMP PMQ qualification might help support my degree, which I don't think would be deemed highly relevant (BA Hons Politics with experience managing projects in public sector?). PMQ is commensurate with level SCQF Level 7, does anyone know how that maps with AQF? 

I've not done it myself as my skills assessment didn't require it (management consultant); however obvioulsy I do have to manage and adminster many projects in my job.

Whilst I've often been on long term projects (like your three year one), they are rarely solely on the same thing. So could you split the work you've done into discrete mini-projects?

I'm thinking that maybe a three year roll-out of a procurement system could be re-stated as three related projects:

1. A 6 month project to understand the feasbility and need of the system

2. An 18 month project to oversee the design and implementation of the system

3. A 12 month programme of Business Change to rollout the system to the various offices and departments

It might not work for you (I don't know what your project actually is), but in my experience any project over 18 months long that really can't be split into discrete and different sections is really "business as usual" and therefore not a project at all. If this is the case you've then got to consider would VetAssess consider it a project? If they don't you'll fail the assessment even if your duties match the job description

Hello, thanks so much for suggested solution and advice. My role profile specifies my role as working within a 3 year programme so really hoping being timebound it would not be considered bau. Maybe I can get my organisation to confirm it was not bau too.

Will have to consider how I can evidence projects within that or try to get extra projects in over this coming year!

What sector are you in? 😀

16 minutes ago, Dionne said:

Hello, thanks so much for suggested solution and advice. My role profile specifies my role as working within a 3 year programme so really hoping being timebound it would not be considered bau. Maybe I can get my organisation to confirm it was not bau too.

Will have to consider how I can evidence projects within that or try to get extra projects in over this coming year!

What sector are you in? 😀

Varies greatly, I advise people on how to stay on the right side of data laws - so there really isn't any sector boundaries.

That said, mainly finance and transport (as they have all the money)