Bishoy95

143 Contributory Parent visa (Dependent Child)

Hi All,

I am enquiring about the 143 Contributory Parent visa in the Dependent Child matter.

I have already applied with my family as a dependent child, and the visa has been acknowledged on the 29/07/2016. 

The rule at that time was: the dependent child can be under 25 years old, but it needs a proof od dependency, after that, they have changed the rule on the 17/11/2016 as the dependent child could only be under 18.

My question is, am I still be included because I have applied before the rule has been changed or they would reject me as the new law would be applied?

Help Please

Thanks!

143 Applied on 22/07/2016     -     Acknowledged on 25/07/2016

4 hours ago, Bishoy95 said:

Hi All,

I am enquiring about the 143 Contributory Parent visa in the Dependent Child matter.

I have already applied with my family as a dependent child, and the visa has been acknowledged on the 29/07/2016. 

The rule at that time was: the dependent child can be under 25 years old, but it needs a proof od dependency, after that, they have changed the rule on the 17/11/2016 as the dependent child could only be under 18.

My question is, am I still be included because I have applied before the rule has been changed or they would reject me as the new law would be applied?

Help Please

Thanks!

The ‘child’ always needed to prove dependency, a non dependant 21 year old for example would never have got a visa , they changed the maximum age to 23. It was never they needed to be under 25 but needed proof after that. After that was a decline, before that dependency still needed to be proved. How old are you and how are you still dependant? 

• Like 1

I am 24 years old dependent on my family and I am still a full-time student doing my master's degree which will end in June this year. 

I am not too sure if am I need to keep studying after that or no as I am expecting for them to ask for the further documents in 2 months time

The thing that there is no proof if they would accept me as I applied before the changes have been made.

143 Applied on 22/07/2016     -     Acknowledged on 25/07/2016

I am not too sure if am I need to keep studying after that

It might be a good idea to find out.

Westly Russell Registered Migration Agent 0316072 www.pinoyau.com