Does immigration call your Landlord? Because she’s not happy about it when I told her they may call

Guest Crud

So I have been renting off my landlord for 4 years . I renewed my lease 2 weeks ago and I told her that I’m applying for the partner visa and they may call her due to I will be sending in the lease as proof of living with my wife . She was not happy about it I don’t know why she said she doesn’t like talking to government organisations over the phone , so my question is does immigration call your landlord or do they not ? She has been calling me a few times as she doesn’t want her details provided . But I have to use it as proof not sure what her problem is . I’m worried they call her cause if the way she’s been acting , does anyone know if they call landlords or not ? Thanks 

Have you checked interpol for your landlords picture 😂 

I doubt they will call unless something makes them want to dig deeper. Surely you have receipts for rent payments etc in joint name you can supply or if its through an agent put them down.

Joint bank accounts? A bill in each name with same address.

If you have been married longer than 12 months, i doubt they will be that interested in you. 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Jsmull87 said:

Have you checked interpol for your landlords picture 😂 

I doubt they will call unless something makes them want to dig deeper. Surely you have receipts for rent payments etc in joint name you can supply or if its through an agent put them down.

Joint bank accounts? A bill in each name with same address.

If you have been married longer than 12 months, i doubt they will be that interested in you. 

No I haven’t checked Interpol . Me and my wife pay our rent on our joint bank account to the lady’s account . I’m not quite sure what her problem is it’s making me concerned lol . I have been married to my wife for 8 months but together for 7 years of relationship before that . 

1 hour ago, Crud said:

. I renewed my lease 2 weeks ago and I told her that I’m applying for the partner visa and they may call her due to I will be sending in the lease as proof of living with my wife . She was not happy about it I don’t know why she said she doesn’t like talking to government organisations over the phone , so my question is does immigration call your landlord or do they not 

If you have a proper legal lease document on the official form, then I think it's unlikely they'll call her.    

Maybe she is not declaring the income on her tax.

24 minutes ago, Marisawright said:

If you have a proper legal lease document on the official form, then I think it's unlikely they'll call her.    

Maybe she is not declaring the income on her tax.

Thank you . That’s what I was thinking as well cause for the 4 years I’ve been living here I’ve had no inspections or anything so I think she might be doing something shifty . 

Thank you . That’s what I was thinking as well cause for the 4 years I’ve been living here I’ve had no inspections or anything so I think she might be doing something shifty . 

Do you rent via an Agency or direct through the landlord? Certainly sounds odd that they don’t want their details providing!

1 hour ago, LouDYorkie said:

Do you rent via an Agency or direct through the landlord? Certainly sounds odd that they don’t want their details providing!

I have been renting directly from the landlord for 4 years . Yes definitely very odd . I thought she wouldn’t have a problem but she does .