Migration Agent?

bluerob

Times must have changed a lot. We never needed any agents and just did our own paperwork slowly and methodically following the rules they give you to the letter. It used to be all there in black and white and the forms were readily available. Maybe they are making it more complicated now ?

3 minutes ago, starlight7 said:

Times must have changed a lot. We never needed any agents and just did our own paperwork slowly and methodically following the rules they give you to the letter. It used to be all there in black and white and the forms were readily available. Maybe they are making it more complicated now ?

It's still true, all the information is out there, but there is more off it, they are pickier and not all sources are as up to date as they should be and if you rely on out of date information and therefore fail there is no comeback on anyone

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 07/02/2020 at 09:14, bluerob said:

Update. 

I'm going to be sticking with the Down Under Centre, had a decent phone call with them last night. 

So the option which I'm going to attempt is, once I have my Motorcycle Mechanic Level 3 qualification in my hand. I can get an employer to sponsor me (I have a couple of options) then I can earn my experience in Oz, after the 3rd year of experience I can apply for the skills assessment and then apply for state nomination in SA. 

So with any luck I shall get to Oz one way or another. 

Thank you for all the feedback. 

Hi I’ve had a achy with Wes from DUC today what is your opinion, we are considering going with them my husband is a plumber by trade and will be on 65-75 points 

29 minutes ago, Maryf said:

Hi I’ve had a achy with Wes from DUC today what is your opinion, we are considering going with them my husband is a plumber by trade and will be on 65-75 points 

I'd definitely recommend them, plenty of info. Answered all my questions, passed me onto an migration agent who gave me the details I needed. 

I will be using them, however my situation is probably different to yours, but I'm trying to find an employer in Aus that's willing to sponsor me. Once I've got this I can get all my paperwork sorted with DUC. 

The email correspondence I've received has all been FOC, and a couple of phone calls too. All worth it just for the knowledge. 

If you do with them, they do charge extra to be part of some special forum or something or other. From what I understand this isn't really needed, as you can get that information through your agent or on here. So not really needed. 

1 hour ago, bluerob said:

I'd definitely recommend them, plenty of info. Answered all my questions, passed me onto an migration agent who gave me the details I needed. 

I will be using them, however my situation is probably different to yours, but I'm trying to find an employer in Aus that's willing to sponsor me. Once I've got this I can get all my paperwork sorted with DUC. 

The email correspondence I've received has all been FOC, and a couple of phone calls too. All worth it just for the knowledge. 

If you do with them, they do charge extra to be part of some special forum or something or other. From what I understand this isn't really needed, as you can get that information through your agent or on here. So not really needed. 

Thanks very much and good luck with your sponsor.