You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Synergy22

187 visa to Citizenship

I am on 187 visa and would soon be eligible for citizenship. If i am to obtain my citizenship before completing 2 years with my employer, must i stay  until the completion of the 2 years with the employer. Thank you

Edited by Synergy22

In God i trust. When he says yes, no one can say no.

Once you are a citizen your visa is cancelled so no you do not have to comply with any visa conditions.  Your contract of employment is a different thing though. Some employers write in a clause you have to pay back any visa or moving expenses if you quit early. 

So many wineries ......so little time :yes:

On 27/01/2020 at 20:03, rammygirl said:

Once you are a citizen your visa is cancelled so no you do not have to comply with any visa conditions.  Your contract of employment is a different thing though. Some employers write in a clause you have to pay back any visa or moving expenses if you quit early. 

Thanks for your comment. 

In God i trust. When he says yes, no one can say no.

On 27/01/2020 at 19:02, Synergy22 said:

I am on 187 visa and would soon be eligible for citizenship. If i am to obtain my citizenship before completing 2 years with my employer, must i stay  until the completion of the 2 years with the employer. Thank you

Consider that the current processing time for Citizenship can be close to 2 years.

Raul T Senise

Registered Migration Agent

MARN 0636699

www.ozimmigration.com

"If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur."