Jump to content
simmo

Corona Virus

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, kungfustu said:

do you think your lockdown has any consequences or do you think life will return to normal now and everyone will live happily ever after?

I am glad we did not go to the lengths and extremes that you have gone to in dealing with this.....madness....of course most of the people using this website would be hardly affected by the restrictions.....certainly no financial worries.....theres a start for you......what do you think the impact.....long term impact will be on lives due to job losses.....loss of income and living standards?

You make a lot of assumptions about people you have never met don't you ?

  • Like 1

I want it all, and I want it now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Parley said:

You make a lot of assumptions about people you have never met don't you ?

whos making assumptions?.....I asked a simple question.....do you think your lock down will have any consequences or do you think life will return to normal?

Start with jobs....income....living standards.....do you think there will be any impact for people due to your lock down?

I'll wait by the phone.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, kungfustu said:

do you think your lockdown has any consequences or do you think life will return to normal now and everyone will live happily ever after?

I am glad we did not go to the lengths and extremes that you have gone to in dealing with this.....madness....of course most of the people using this website would be hardly affected by the restrictions.....certainly no financial worries.....theres a start for you......what do you think the impact.....long term impact will be on lives due to job losses.....loss of income and living standards?

There's going to be an impact on jobs and the economy for sure. Victoria in particular, because they've had to put up with the longest lockdown. It's amazing how quick things can recover though, once you're back to a normal way of life. Everyone dying to get out, see mates, a meal out, go to the pub, spend money.

All the time you're in semi lockdown, worried about going out, having to wear masks is another day where things are more stressful.

Here in WA the mining and oil and gas sectors are going gangbusters. Loads of vacancies for tradies, economy is almost back to normal. As long as we don't have an outbreak there won't be many job losses, bankruptcies. We know we are extremely lucky.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, kungfustu said:

whos making assumptions?.....I asked a simple question.....do you think your lock down will have any consequences or do you think life will return to normal?

Start with jobs....income....living standards.....do you think there will be any impact for people due to your lock down?

I'll wait by the phone.....

Why on earth would anyone think there would be no impact ?

  • Like 2

I want it all, and I want it now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Paul1Perth said:

How wrong you are mate. Went to the AFL with my eldest a few weeks back. There's an excellent massive pub next to Optus stadium. Packed before the game, went back there after the game, my son knew loads of people there, DJ on, dance floor packed. Had to leave for a train about 11:00. Rest of his friends were off clubbing after. Perth is a blast.

Did you ever close airports, stop international flights? You couldn't wait to get off on holiday to Spain or wherever and common sense must have given you a clue about what would happen. You are no worse than the rest of Europe mind you.

All our families are in the UK and we speak to them often. They seem to follow rules when it suits them. My Sister was a bit bored living with her fella, so she moved in with my niece, hubby and kids for a few weeks, then back to her fellas place.

Luckily none of our relations have been affected but my wifes Dad and Sister live near Stockport, where I've seen just now has a massive outbreak. I've been watching sky news interviewing young people and they admit young people aren't going to follow the rules.

glad you mentioned flights and airports.....whats gonna happen to those thousands and thousands of people that work/worked for Qantas or have/had jobs directly connected to airlines.....Gate Gourmet.....etc.....whilst it may have come across to you as an admirable decision by your government to shut down all airports Im sure the peoples whos lives are directly affected by it won't be so gushing with their tributes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Parley said:

Why on earth would anyone think there would be no impact ?

do you think people will lose their lives/die because of the impact job losses have had and their drop in living standards?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, kungfustu said:

do you think people will lose their lives/die because of the impact job losses have had and their drop in living standards?

No. Unlikely.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I want it all, and I want it now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, kungfustu said:

glad you mentioned flights and airports.....whats gonna happen to those thousands and thousands of people that work/worked for Qantas or have/had jobs directly connected to airlines.....Gate Gourmet.....etc.....whilst it may have come across to you as an admirable decision by your government to shut down all airports Im sure the peoples whos lives are directly affected by it won't be so gushing with their tributes.

Yep you're right. Qantas have laid off thousands and are under investigation for rorting the job saver scheme.

We were never going to get out of this unscathed and airlines all over the world are suffering. Qantas no worse than others.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, kungfustu said:

do you think people will lose their lives/die because of the impact job losses have had and their drop in living standards?

There could be a few who are prone to depression, anxiety. Most will just feel relieved when normalcy returns and get on with their lives.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone who commits suicide because they had a drop in their living standards would have done so anyway for some other reason.

 

  • Haha 1

I want it all, and I want it now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Parley said:

Anyone who commits suicide because they had a drop in their living standards would have done so anyway for some other reason.

 

did you really say that mate.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Paul1Perth said:

There could be a few who are prone to depression, anxiety. Most will just feel relieved when normalcy returns and get on with their lives.

thats it Paul.....thats what you want to believe.....cus it will all return to normal and all those nasty thoughts in peoples heads would have just evaporated....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Parley said:

Why do you not care a toss about people dying of corona virus but are so compassionate about the thought of someone dying because they lost their job ?

so you now agree that there will be an impact on lives due to job losses? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Parley what about the domestic abuse people have suffered whilst locked up in their houses with violent partners....do you think there will be any deaths due to that or do you think everyone lives happily ever after in lockdown going out for their hours exercise and playing C.O.D with other family members?

Edited by kungfustu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, kungfustu said:

so you now agree that there will be an impact on lives due to job losses? 

I never said there would be no impact. What makes you think a global pandemic can be managed with no impact on people's lives ?

The government in Australia has actually been very generous in supporting people. The normal unemployment benefit has been doubled through the crisis.

  • Like 1

I want it all, and I want it now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Parley said:

I never said there would be no impact. What makes you think a global pandemic can be managed with no impact on people's lives ?

The government in Australia has actually been very generous in supporting people. The normal unemployment benefit has been doubled through the crisis.

job losses are a tiny part of this....tiny....the restrictions are being driven by fear.....as Rishi said a few days ago....we must start trying to live without fear....I think that message is too little too late.....we will see over time who was right and who was wrong.....give me Swedens approach any day.....curfews?!....madness.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Parley said:

I never said there would be no impact. What makes you think a global pandemic can be managed with no impact on people's lives ?

The government in Australia has actually been very generous in supporting people. The normal unemployment benefit has been doubled through the crisis.

 

28 minutes ago, kungfustu said:

@Parley what about the domestic abuse people have suffered whilst locked up in their houses with violent partners....do you think there will be any deaths due to that or do you think everyone lives happily ever after in lockdown going out for their hours exercise and playing C.O.D with other family members?

Enjoy your ding dong

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, kungfustu said:

@Parley what about the domestic abuse people have suffered whilst locked up in their houses with violent partners....do you think there will be any deaths due to that or do you think everyone lives happily ever after in lockdown going out for their hours exercise and playing C.O.D with other family members?

Very few deaths I’d have thought but perhaps a shit load of divorces.  That could be seen as a positive thing. No one should have to live with a violent partner whether Covid is on the scene or not.  If a partner of mine was being abusive and violent to me, I wouldn’t kill myself but I’d ditch him pretty quick. I realise not everyone is strong enough to be like that but I’d still say actual deaths occurring because of domestic violence in lockdown would be small. Smaller than the thousands that may die without lockdown restrictions. Sad as it is, you can’t expect everyone to be put at risk of Covid and possible death because a small amount of people may die in a domestic relationship.  

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Tulip1 said:

Very few deaths I’d have thought but perhaps a shit load of divorces.  That could be seen as a positive thing. No one should have to live with a violent partner whether Covid is on the scene or not.  If a partner of mine was being abusive and violent to me, I wouldn’t kill myself but I’d ditch him pretty quick. I realise not everyone is strong enough to be like that but I’d still say actual deaths occurring because of domestic violence in lockdown would be small. Smaller than the thousands that may die without lockdown restrictions. Sad as it is, you can’t expect everyone to be put at risk of Covid and possible death because a small amount of people may die in a domestic relationship.  

you think the only side affect of Coronavirus restrictions are a few domestic abuse victims?......😂.....c'mon you are smarter than that.....aren't you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

these new restrictions make no sense whatsoever......I went to the pub last night for a cpl of beers with my boys as one is off to uni today.....walked in the door and stood at the desk as normal and was told to put a mask on immediately.....so the 3 of us put masks on.....walked 10 feet to an empty table where we sat down.....took the mask off and kept it off for the rest of the evening until we left when we stood up and put the mask back on to walk 10 feet to the door.....how on earth is that having any impact on the spread of this virus.....there was 10 or 15 tables all full of people talking.....laughing and drinking without a mask so much as near their face all sitting inside the pub.....yet when you stand up you have to put a mask on to walk to the toilet or to leave.....went to the gym this morning.....walked in....no ,mask....20 odd other people in the room all huffing and puffing on bikes....rowing machines and weights.....not a mask in sight and no requirement to wear one.....where is the sense in all of this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, kungfustu said:

you think the only side affect of Coronavirus restrictions are a few domestic abuse victims?......😂.....c'mon you are smarter than that.....aren't you?

I was responding to your comment about it. You only mentioned domestic abuse cases.  I have no doubt there will be deaths from many areas of Covid related issues/restrictions.  In terms of just domestic abuse sufferers I am sure there may be some but very few. The U.K. has had almost 50 thousand people die from Covid in the last 6 months.  I have no idea what the figure is for deaths related to domestic abuse (above the figure pre covid) but I am sure they would be classed as very few compared to 50 thousand. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Tulip1 said:

I was responding to your comment about it. You only mentioned domestic abuse cases.  I have no doubt there will be deaths from many areas of Covid related issues/restrictions.  In terms of just domestic abuse sufferers I am sure there may be some but very few. The U.K. has had almost 50 thousand people die from Covid in the last 6 months.  I have no idea what the figure is for deaths related to domestic abuse (above the figure pre covid) but I am sure they would be classed as very few compared to 50 thousand. 

its actually closer to 40,000 but dont let 8000 get in the way of sensationalising things eh.

Of those 42000 how many were actually killed by the virus as opposed to died with it in their system?

How many do you think have already died and will die as a direct result of these restrictions/lockdowns over the coming few years.....Will their average age be 80 and have 2 or more underlying health conditions?

Listen to Rishi.....start living your life without fear.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, kungfustu said:

whos making assumptions?.....I asked a simple question.....do you think your lock down will have any consequences or do you think life will return to normal?

Start with jobs....income....living standards.....do you think there will be any impact for people due to your lock down?

I'll wait by the phone.....

Ahhh well.

You could read this and see if this makes any difference to everyones thinking about long term covid complication.  

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/sep/26/i-used-to-be-ms-covid-casual-but-with-a-sick-sister-thats-changed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×