simmo

Corona Virus

4 hours ago, simmo said:

The Chinese Communist Party forced the World Health Organization (WHO) to refrain from notifying the world about human-to-human transmission of the novel coronavirus, causing a “four to six-week delay in fighting” the virus, according to Germany’s Federal Intelligence Service.

https://thenationalpulse.com/coronavirus/who-hid-transmission/

The timeline set out from Dec 31 last year when China notified WHO 

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/01/timeline-china-coronavirus-spread-200126061554884.html

But if it helps we can all blame China if that gets the UK and USA govts off the hook for their inept and incompetent response to this pandemic of which they had months of warning, but it won't alter the fact that we have the dubious distinction of having the highest infection and death rates

7 hours ago, simmo said:

The Chinese Communist Party forced the World Health Organization (WHO) to refrain from notifying the world about human-to-human transmission of the novel coronavirus, causing a “four to six-week delay in fighting” the virus, according to Germany’s Federal Intelligence Service.

https://thenationalpulse.com/coronavirus/who-hid-transmission/

Founded in 2016, The National Pulse is a Washington-based political news and news media publication. The National Pulse promotes a conservative line on a wide range of issues such as Planned Parenthood, LGBT, and Common Core. The National Pulse is also affiliated with the questionable American Principles Project which advocates for immigration reform, banning abortions, and denying LGBTQ equal rights.

• Thanks 1

Timeline: 309/100 Sent 7/8/13, Money Taken 9/8/13, CO appointed 3/9/13. Med 3/12/13. Police check 4/12/13. VISA GRANTED 8/4/14, Subclass100. Recce August 2014. Arrived 30 July 2015.

5 minutes ago, Gbye grey sky said:

Founded in 2016, The National Pulse is a Washington-based political news and news media publication. The National Pulse promotes a conservative line on a wide range of issues such as Planned Parenthood, LGBT, and Common Core. The National Pulse is also affiliated with the questionable American Principles Project which advocates for immigration reform, banning abortions, and denying LGBTQ equal rights.

How is that relevant to the virus ?

• Like 2

I want it all, and I want it now.

1 minute ago, Parley said:

How is that relevant to the virus ?

Relevant to fact-checking sources quoted pertaining to the virus.

Too many people linking conspiracy websites and fake news sources.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Timeline: 309/100 Sent 7/8/13, Money Taken 9/8/13, CO appointed 3/9/13. Med 3/12/13. Police check 4/12/13. VISA GRANTED 8/4/14, Subclass100. Recce August 2014. Arrived 30 July 2015.

Posted (edited)

And the end of all this China MUST stop the meat markets that have live dogs cats rats snakes bats in cages next to each other and the live slaughter of these animals on the street in front of the customers. The world should make this a condition before treading with them again, of course in a few months  they will start the markets again and we will get another world wide deadly virus.

Edited by Perthbum
  • Like 2

Drinking rum before 11am does not make you an alcoholic, it makes you pirate..

The latest "expert"

• Haha 1

It's looking like the UK over egged the numbers. I said early on, when everyone was saying how bad our figures where compared to the rest of the world's that it would take 2 years to carry out an accurate (like for like) count.

5 hours ago, simmo said:

It's looking like the UK over egged the numbers. I said early on, when everyone was saying how bad our figures where compared to the rest of the world's that it would take 2 years to carry out an accurate (like for like) count.

If they over egged the numbers, the govt have had 6 weeks to re assess the statistical basis for deaths and infection reports why are deaths still running at an average of 50 per day and our infection rate continues to rise, the govt have had weeks to re define the statistical basis but have been unable to do so, ergo the statistics are a true reflection of the failure of the govts TT&I program and its rank incompetence in everything else to do with running the country during this pandemic.

We have the next load of bollax about to descend on the country as the govts public schoolboys downgrade  'O' and 'A'  level exam results because they come from poor areas.

This Cabinet and Govt are on par with Chamberlain's, in fact they are starting to look highly corrupt as they hand out eye watering sums to their mates and insist on trying to revive an economy that is clearly on life support rather than considering the  radical surgery that is called for.

It's ok, the government will whip the gammons into a frothing, racist rage with the news about the migrants crossing the channel, no one will notice the infections have just climbed over one thousand.

Oh, they have already?

18 minutes ago, unzippy said:

It's ok, the government will whip the gammons into a frothing, racist rage with the news about the migrants crossing the channel, no one will notice the infections have just climbed over one thousand.

Oh, they have already?

Look lets face it, Boris has just told the country that only those with money can expect to go to university because they will be the ones that will deserve to be employed in the future and they just yawn and go back to sleep.  Not a clue that they are being sh..ted by one of the most toff ridden govts ever and one of the most incompetent 

The Brits love an incompetent public schoolboy

Show the Brits a fishing boat or a refugee and this govt can do what it likes

Almost a third (32%) of MPs in the new House of Commons went to private school, according to an analysis by an education charity.

Of these, almost one in 10 went to Eton, suggests the Sutton Trust study.

Among Conservative MPs, nearly half (48%) were privately educated, the report indicates.

On 11/08/2020 at 06:38, simmo said:

Yes and no.

Statistics are what statistics are. You need to understand how the numbers are created to understand what they mean.

For instance, cancer survivor numbers. For example, they may say 50% of lung cancer patients survive five years. This is what it is. It doesn't mean those who died before the five years died of lung cancer. They may have been hit by a car. But that doesn't really matter, as all cancer stats are given in this way and they always have been.

It gets complicated if another country decides to do their cancer stats differently. 

With covid, the UK seem to have done their stats the same way they do their cancer stats. Which is fine, except other countries haven't. To make it more complicated, those who died of covid without a diagnosis don't make the stats.

Someone like who should have dictated how the stats are reported, because comparisons are important. If someone is doing something right, then it should be copied.

But I guess it all happened really fast in a panic, so we are where we are.

• Haha 1

Nearly there! Don't drop the ball now guys! Vaccines are weeks away. Stay safe!

"The Brits love an incompetent public schoolboy"

Always have- in war and peace. Often wonder why because surely they are outnumbered.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, starlight7 said:

"The Brits love an incompetent public schoolboy"

Always have- in war and peace. Often wonder why because surely they are outnumbered.

But, they have the power, the public schools are where you make friends who are aleays there throghout your life, Rishi has just given a plum financial control job to one of his old mates, that's why Gove is always there licking all the old Etonians bottoms, because he was never one.

Those connections are what guarantee them positions of power and money just like it has done for at least 170 years, it cemented into the Class system of the UK and the private schools are treated as Charities and get loads of freebies like not paying Rates altho hospitals have to

Under current rules, private schools have charitable status which means that they get tax breaks, but there have been growing calls for fee-paying schools to lose this status. In comparison, state schools are liable for business rates, which are effectively paid for by the taxpayer.

Edited by BacktoDemocracy

Most public sector institutions are required to pay business rates on their buildings, however private hospitals and fee-paying schools have the option of registering for charitable status and pay just 20 per cent of the rate.

21 hours ago, BacktoDemocracy said:

Most public sector institutions are required to pay business rates on their buildings, however private hospitals and fee-paying schools have the option of registering for charitable status and pay just 20 per cent of the rate.

Oh- tell me it isn't true.  That's disgusting. Not so much the hospitals but the schools.

9 hours ago, starlight7 said:

Oh- tell me it isn't true.  That's disgusting. Not so much the hospitals but the schools.

It's true, google it for yourself, private shools have enormous grounds and yet pay low rates and whine poverty

You can become left wing and vote Labour if in the UK, you could write to your MP and complain

https://fullfact.org/health/nhs-and-private-hospitals-who-pays-business-rates/

9 hours ago, starlight7 said:

It's true, google it for yourself, private shools have enormous grounds and yet pay low rates and whine poverty

You can become left wing and vote Labour if in the UK, you could write to your MP and complain

https://fullfact.org/health/nhs-and-private-hospitals-who-pays-business-rates/

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/private-schools-100m-rates-relief-at-risk-6z5mnplw2

Unfortunately I am not a British citizen- let the old passport lapse many years ago though I was born there.

13 minutes ago, starlight7 said:

Unfortunately I am not a British citizen- let the old passport lapse many years ago though I was born there.

You don’t need a passport to be a citizen 

• Like 2

Scot by birth, emigrated 1985 | Aussie husband applied UK spouse visa Jan 2015, granted March 2015, moved to UK May 2015 | Returned to Oz June 2016

"The stranger who comes home does not make himself at home but makes home itself strange." -- Rainer Maria Rilke

13 minutes ago, starlight7 said:

Of course you are. You don't lose your British citizenship just by having a lapsed passport.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, starlight7 said:

That makes no difference. Many people are in that position, especially old people who no longer have a need for a passport. They are certainly no less citizens than they were when their old one was in date. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, starlight7 said:

Of course you are a British Citizen. You never lose that.

You can apply for a new passport whenever you like.

I want it all, and I want it now.

Not allowed to vote, been away too long so I figure I no longer have citizenship from that point of view.