register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

simmo

Corona Virus

11 minutes ago, kungfustu said:

well done you....it takes a bit nerve to confront people like that....

I'm a tough old broad.  😉

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, Quokka2005 said:

@simmo let us know you’re ok! Hope you are 

I'm much better and improving each day. 

Still feeling rough around the gills but 100x better than I was.

Thanks everyone for caring, you have been a great comfort.

Stay safe everyone!

• Like 11
  • Haha 1
  • Congratulations 5

2 hours ago, Gbye grey sky said:

All too common.  News editors frequently use ‘library’ footage particularly in an era of rolling 24 hour news.  They simply do not have actual pictures in those other locations.

Very likely it was Bergamo in March as stated.  Note that the other two clips do not include actual commentary purporting to identify the actual location.  The pictures are just being used as background.

The question is does it mislead or does the footage just provide context?

Totally misleading imho , not the time to be spreading fake news or fear just let people know the genuine facts , is it any wonder people are not adhering to government requests to self isolate/ social distance etc when the media are doing this,  totally irresponsible 

• Like 1

Anybody had any communication from simmo ? 
hope he is ok 

For those of you who like Bob Dylan, here is another take on Subterranean Homesick Blues
1. Sitting’ by the casement
Filling up the rubbish bin
Thinking about the future
The woman in the face mask
Hands out, wash cloth
Says she has a bad cough
Going home
She’s had enough
Look out kid
It’s nothing you did
God knows when 
You’ll be living again 
You better duck away from home
Looking for a new trend
A man in a white coat
Wants to swab
Your mouth and throat 

2. Oh, world’s sick,stay home 
Learn to live
Quite alone 
Use phone,read books
No one cares how it looks
Don’t touch face and hands
Jobs gone, money’s tight
Won’t be going out tonight 
Look out kid
Just so long as you’re hid
Better run to the sea shore
Try to breathe some fresh air
Don’t talk to anyone 
Don’t smile, it’s not done
Do as you’re told
Or you won’t grow old
Stick to the cyberspace 
Out of the human race - Jane
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, simmo said:

Stay safe everyone!

Oh it is so good to hear from you simmo- many of us were getting really worried. Hope you continue to get stronger and cheekier by the minute😁

• Like 4

1 hour ago, kungfustu said:

Yes I know what I am responding too......I said this the other day......you are about 2 weeks behind us.....2 weeks ago we were all going out on a mothers day sunday stroll......people were having BBQ's etc etc.......things are different now......we are now discussing the threat of domestic violence and the increase in pleas for help from people/families suffering due to being locked away with an abusive partner......we are discussing mental and physical health and the affects this is all having on our population.....it takes a bit of time for everyone to get on board and get used to whats being asked of them......with all of what you have said I agree 100%......what I was disagreeing with and still do is your use of the 1918 - 1920 flu pandemic that killed in excess of 50 million people and your use of the "2nd wave" phrase.....

forget what PB believes......I dont think it serves any benefit at all in raising this......for a start its a totally different type of virus.....the conditions during that outbreak were so far removed from conditions today that it should not even be mentioned......all it does is scare people.....watch out for the 2nd wave when it comes back stronger and kills people in their 20's....30's.....and 40's......thats all pure assumptions and guess work on your part.....it helps no one.....and just serves to scare people.....in 2 weeks when you are were we are now and your government are reading out figures of the amount killed in the last 24 hours and they are in there 100's and rising.....in fact doubling every 2 or 3 days and in amongst those dead are young fit healthy people......you may think twice about raising such a prospect as the 1918 flu pandemic and making comparisons with todays outbreak.......

Actually it does serve a purpose.  Many young adults are convinced that COVID 19 is not something that should concern them unduly so don’t take adequate precautions.

• Like 3

Timeline: 309/100 Sent 7/8/13, Money Taken 9/8/13, CO appointed 3/9/13. Med 3/12/13. Police check 4/12/13. VISA GRANTED 8/4/14, Subclass100. Recce August 2014. Arrived 30 July 2015.

1 hour ago, simmo said:

Stay safe everyone!

You had us all quite worried Simmo.  Very good to hear you are a lot chirpier and almost back to normal.  😁

• Like 1

1 hour ago, simmo said:

Stay safe everyone!

That’s fantastic news.

• Like 1

Timeline: 309/100 Sent 7/8/13, Money Taken 9/8/13, CO appointed 3/9/13. Med 3/12/13. Police check 4/12/13. VISA GRANTED 8/4/14, Subclass100. Recce August 2014. Arrived 30 July 2015.

Stay safe everyone!

Lovely
  • Like 1

Anybody had any communication from simmo ? 
hope he is ok 
Yes I pmd him, he's told all the nurses about his man cave ect, he's on the better side now..... Just needs to rest up and get himself right for his family and PIO friends...
  • Like 3

Voted Best Newcomer 2010 by PIO Members.......Thank you....x

3 hours ago, simmo said:

Stay safe everyone!

That’s good news xM

• Like 2

My grandparents are feeling slightly better today. Have managed to get downstairs and have a cup of tea and biscuits, they've lost loads of weight through not eating so hoping their intake will improve in the next couple of days. Think they'll come out of it alright now.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, simmo said:

Stay safe everyone!

Glad you're safe and on the mend 🙂 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tonyman said:

Yes I pmd him, he's told all the nurses about his man cave ect, he's on the better side now..... Just needs to rest up and get himself right for his family and PIO friends... emoji40.png

I bet he has 😂 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, simmo said:

Stay safe everyone!

Sod you, how is the wife and kids?

• Haha 2

If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.

Posted (edited)

A very insightful article in the SMH examines why COVID-19 appears to have significantly different impacts on per-nation basis.

The article also asks:

"In Australia the nation’s doctors, health workers, public health advisers and politicians are asking themselves a profound question: will we be spared this wave of death?".

Article found here:

https://www.smh.com.au/politics/federal/the-puzzle-of-coronavirus-a-huge-variation-in-rates-of-death-and-severe-disease-across-the-globe-20200402-p54gkr.html

Edited by Dusty Plains

If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.

To the PIO Family.

Just reading through the thread and completely choked up!! (god damn you!).  Probs boring for you but for the last 12 months at work i have been stepping up to cover for my inept managers who have been in a grievance with each other meaning i have been managing a team (under resourced) and covering 3x roles on my own.  During this i came down with this covid  thing and the only support I have had was from a colleague in a different region who subsequently came down with it (very seriously)  himself.  HR (human remains) have been hopeless.  Whilst the shower that where my line management where bickering, I could barely get out of bed to use the bathroom! and they didn't even know.  So as soon as this is all over some home truths coming the way of my CEO.

Anyway .. you lot!! knowing that you care has meant so much.  I know we disagree on some (most) things but you are like extended family (I disagree with my real family a lot too).

Please stay safe and take this very seriously - not just for yourselves but for those around you.

Love you all 

xxxxx

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2

30 minutes ago, simmo said:

To the PIO Family.

Just reading through the thread and completely choked up!! (god damn you!).  Probs boring for you but for the last 12 months at work i have been stepping up to cover for my inept managers who have been in a grievance with each other meaning i have been managing a team (under resourced) and covering 3x roles on my own.  During this i came down with this covid  thing and the only support I have had was from a colleague in a different region who subsequently came down with it (very seriously)  himself.  HR (human remains) have been hopeless.  Whilst the shower that where my line management where bickering, I could barely get out of bed to use the bathroom! and they didn't even know.  So as soon as this is all over some home truths coming the way of my CEO.

Anyway .. you lot!! knowing that you care has meant so much.  I know we disagree on some (most) things but you are like extended family (I disagree with my real family a lot too).

Please stay safe and take this very seriously - not just for yourselves but for those around you.

Love you all 

xxxxx

Welcome back.

Good to hear you are getting better take care of yourself and family. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, simmo said:

To the PIO Family.

Love you all 

xxxxx

Knowing that you’re on the mend is brilliant. There really are some lovely people on here and it goes to show that someone doesn’t have to be visible to be a friend, take care x 

Edited by Tulip1
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, simmo said:

To the PIO Family.

Love you all 

xxxxx

When all this settles you need to find a job where you are appreciated and looked after.

Glad your on the mend, you can be a PITA at times but you are OUR PITA,lol take care

Cal x

• Like 5

If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place...

If you get a chance,take it, If it changes your life,let it. Nobody said it would be easy they just said it would be worth it...

Been a long road for you Simmo but glad to hear you are on the final downhill bit now.  Keep on taking good care of yourself - and the job situation sucks but with your new found energy you will get that sorted too!

• Like 3

To the PIO Family.
Love you all 
xxxxx
As you know pal, I've classed you as a friend for years and I know for sure if I was still in the UK we'd have met up a good few times, take it easy pal and don't worry about work white your recovering, sort them out later...... X
  • Like 3

Voted Best Newcomer 2010 by PIO Members.......Thank you....x