register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

simmo

Corona Virus

5 minutes ago, Tulip1 said:

Did you get all of your decorating finished and solve your dilemma over blinds?

It is still ongoing. I have finished painting the large family room and staining all the trim.

I am currently doing the other end which is another large dining/lounge area and hallway. The hot weather means I don't have much energy to paint so I only do an hour or two a day and not every day. I am a bit slack. No blinds bought yet. Still haven't decided. In the picture below these are outside blinds. But I do like the colour scheme.

IMG_20200201_093108_resized_20200201_093235308.jpg

• Like 1

I want it all, and I want it now.

9 minutes ago, Parley said:

It is still ongoing. I have finished painting the large family room and staining all the trim.

I am currently doing the other end which is another large dining/lounge area and hallway. The hot weather means I don't have much energy to paint so I only do an hour or two a day and not every day. I am a bit slack. No blinds bought yet. Still haven't decided. In the picture below these are outside blinds. But I do like the colour scheme.

Looks like you’ve done a good job. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Parley said:

looks cold mate, looks like cold industrial floor tiles and and an unwelcoming criminal probation type room if I am being completely honest. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2

Drinking rum before 11am does not make you an alcoholic, it makes you pirate..

1 hour ago, s713 said:

Why are these people being taken to Arrowe Park? Isn't there a hospital available in the south of England?

Maybe there are special facilities for quarantine etc there but yes I thought it was odd too.  Why bus them 180 miles to the Wirral?  Why couldn't they be quarantined in Oxfordshire where the plane landed?

5 minutes ago, Perthbum said:

looks cold mate, looks like cold industrial floor tiles and and an unwelcoming criminal probation type room if I am being completely honest. 

He's in the middle of decorating.  Most people clear rugs, furniture, pictures etc out of the way.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Toots said:

He's in the middle of decorating.  Most people clear rugs, furniture, pictures etc out of the way.

hope so, i am being brutally honest, it looks cold in the photo, why pretend it looks nice?

• Haha 1

Drinking rum before 11am does not make you an alcoholic, it makes you pirate..

2 hours ago, s713 said:

Why are these people being taken to Arrowe Park? Isn't there a hospital available in the south of England?

This was my thinking as well 

3 hours ago, Toots said:

Maybe there are special facilities for quarantine etc there but yes I thought it was odd too.  Why bus them 180 miles to the Wirral?  Why couldn't they be quarantined in Oxfordshire where the plane landed?

Did they need to stop at services?

Couldn't they just block book a premier Inn? 

Price of oil dropped 5%. This is getting nasty.

Get your brown underpants ready.

Edited by newjez

19 minutes ago, newjez said:

Did they need to stop at services?

Couldn't they just block book a premier Inn? 

Price of oil dropped 5%. This is getting nasty.

Get your brown underpants ready.

You said it would be over within 2 weeks , a nothing story 

Different opinion Now ? 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Perthbum said:

hope so, i am being brutally honest, it looks cold in the photo, why pretend it looks nice?

He needs it cool looking and feeling, he is in Aus, not the UK where you need fluffy carpets, a jumper and the heating on full to stay warm,lol 

Cal x

• Like 2

If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place...

If you get a chance,take it, If it changes your life,let it. Nobody said it would be easy they just said it would be worth it...

12 minutes ago, calNgary said:

He needs it cool looking and feeling, he is in Aus, not the UK where you need fluffy carpets, a jumper and the heating on full to stay warm,lol 

Cal x

I love a fluffy carpet.  Unfortunately I'm under orders that they have to go.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Perthbum said:

How rude. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Perthbum said:

That’s certainly brutal. I’m sure the room isn’t finished yet. Like toots said, it’s probably a work in progress. Either way, if Parley likes it that’s all that matters. 

5 hours ago, Rallyman said:

You said it would be over within 2 weeks , a nothing story 

Different opinion Now ? 

I think it's an overreaction which could tip the balance in the vulnerable markets.

The press will lose interest by end of February. Whether or not they are still in shut down will determine the effect on the global economy.

The first human to human transfer in the states will be a significant event.

I this is being overplayed. The reaction to the virus could be more dangerous than the virus itself.

Edited by newjez

9 minutes ago, simmo said:

Man up Simmo.  If you want to keep your fluffy carpet you need to tell her you love it and it's not going.  😎

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, newjez said:

I think it's an overreaction which could tip the balance.

The press will lose interest by end of February. Whether or not they are still in shut down will determine the effect on the global economy.

The first human to human transfer in the states will be a significant event.

I this is being overplayed. The reaction to the virus could be more dangerous than the virus itself.

In a few months it will all be forgotten.

5 minutes ago, simmo said:

I love carpet. My house is carpeted apart from the kitchen/dining area and bathrooms. I know a few people who have got rid of carpet and put wooden floors down instead. In my opinion they just don’t seem as nice. Cold on your feet and not as cozy but each to their own. My neighbour has wooden flooring and whenever she comes to mine she always says how she misses warm carpet under foot. She regrets doing it but an expensive job to change back.  It’s different in Oz of course, I expect they want and need nice cool flooring. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tulip1 said:

That’s certainly brutal. I’m sure the room isn’t finished yet. Like toots said, it’s probably a work in progress. Either way, if Parley likes it that’s all that matters. 

Perthbum is not up with fashion. The stark look is in fashion these days. You dress the room using light or white walls as a background. Means you can change the mood easily without great effort or expense. 

Just now, Tulip1 said:

I love carpet. My house is carpeted apart from the kitchen/dining area and bathrooms. I know a few people who have got rid of carpet and put wooden floors down instead. In my opinion they just don’t seem as nice. Cold on your feet and not as cozy but each to their own. My neighbour has wooden flooring and whenever she comes to mine she always says how she misses warm carpet under foot. She regrets doing it but an expensive job to change back.  It’s different in Oz of course, I expect they want and need nice cool flooring. 

I like to get from the front door to the kitchen without carpet. Makes it easier bringing the shopping in.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Toots said:

Man up Simmo.  If you want to keep your fluffy carpet you need to tell her you love it and it's not going.  😎

Could he not move the fluffy carpet to the man cave?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Toots said:

You often put exactly what I’m thinking 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, newjez said:

If he's not allowed to have his beloved fluffy carpet in the house then that's a good idea. 😁

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, newjez said:

I like to get from the front door to the kitchen without carpet. Makes it easier bringing the shopping in.

You have a point. I do have to walk through my lounge with my shopping.  But I do have a small hall that isn’t carpeted so I can dump the shopping bags in that and then carry them through. 

7 minutes ago, newjez said:

Or the wife?

• Haha 1