Jump to content

You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

simmo

Corona Virus

Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, Toots said:

Measles is still a big problem globally too.  There are 6.5 million cases and 110,000 estimated measles-related deaths world-wide each year according to the WHO.

And measles is much more infectious too. At least from the current stats. 

  • Like 2

So many wineries ......so little time :yes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Toots said:

Measles is still a big problem globally too.  There are 6.5 million cases and 110,000 estimated measles-related deaths world-wide each year according to the WHO.

Measles is basically eradicated in our countries though. We all go through vaccination at a young age and are free from risk.

The disease is well understood and vaccinations in place for decades.

We do get the odd person fly in from a 3rd world country though admittedly which is some risk but pretty small.

Corona Virus is new, fast spreading, killing people and there is no vaccinations available yet.

Edited by Parley
  • Like 1

I want it all, and I want it now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Parley said:

No they won't it is the biggest global issue in the world at the moment.

Not as important as our chancellor losing his ministry.

Now the death rate is back to normal it will drop off the radar unless there is a new development.

Doesn't mean it's still not a problem. Just means the press have lost interest.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, newjez said:

Not as important as our chancellor losing his ministry.

Now the death rate is back to normal it will drop off the radar unless there is a new development.

Doesn't mean it's still not a problem. Just means the press have lost interest.

Another 121 died yesterday and another 5000 cases.

The more cases the more the deaths will increase I would expect too.

 


I want it all, and I want it now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Parley said:

Another 121 died yesterday and another 5000 cases.

The more cases the more the deaths will increase I would expect too.

 

so that's 1491 deaths now …….. I  will ask my mate if he has come up with a cure  …….

  • Like 1

Voted Best Newcomer 2010 by PIO Members.......Thank you....x

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

he gave me a cure for pseudomonas aeruginosa this week for someone I know whos seriously ill  ………….


Voted Best Newcomer 2010 by PIO Members.......Thank you....x

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, tonyman said:

he gave me a cure for pseudomonas aeruginosa this week for someone I know whos seriously ill  ………….

Let us know if it worked.😉

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Paul1Perth said:

Let us know if it worked.😉

if she stops taking the useless antibiotics then she would be cured in one week but she has other severe issues on top , she's  going to discuss the suggested natural cure with her specialist 


Voted Best Newcomer 2010 by PIO Members.......Thank you....x

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, newjez said:

Not as important as our chancellor losing his ministry.

Now the death rate is back to normal it will drop off the radar unless there is a new development.

Doesn't mean it's still not a problem. Just means the press have lost interest.

Thought it was his choice to quit ? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, tonyman said:

he gave me a cure for pseudomonas aeruginosa this week for someone I know whos seriously ill  ………….

Don't forget what I need to.

  • Like 1

I want it all, and I want it now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Parley said:

Measles is basically eradicated in our countries though. We all go through vaccination at a young age and are free from risk.

The disease is well understood and vaccinations in place for decades.

We do get the odd person fly in from a 3rd world country though admittedly which is some risk but pretty small.

Corona Virus is new, fast spreading, killing people and there is no vaccinations available yet.

Had some cases here Parley. Over the years some parents have chosen not to vaccinate their kids. There was a lot talk about the jab causing autism. Just something stirred up by some and there’s been no evidence to prove it. Still some have declined them.  I don’t get it myself, my kids had every jab on offer. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Parley said:

Don't forget what I need to.

@tonyman, you need to get parley sorted out, it must be hard for him

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it still the erection problem pal?

Don't forget what I need to.

Voted Best Newcomer 2010 by PIO Members.......Thank you....x

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Tulip1 said:

@tonyman, you need to get parley sorted out, it must be hard for him

Not hard enough though.

  • Like 2

I want it all, and I want it now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Paul1Perth said:

Where do you stand on globalisation BTD? I would have thought ypu'd have been all for it. The likes of Trump and a lot of right wing governments around the world are pulling back from globalisation and concentrating on what's good for their country. Bit like Brexit too. Thought you would have been against that.

The last time that America went isolationism we got the great depression of the 20's and 30's, that and lack of regulation of the stock markets along with a lack of legal constraints on big business.

See any parallels with today.

Globalisation is actually the last throes of capitalism, giant trading monopolies with no constraints on them are already wrecking the smaller economies that allow them in to flourish, look at the effects of Amazon on the retail trade in the UK. No effective taxation of them is making them an unstoppable force, same with the tech giants wrecking societies as they hoover up personal preferences that allow them to manipulate supposed democratic elections in every country.

Just because I believe in the strength of groups as against the cult of the individual does not mean that I automatically support cross border iniatives, it always depends on what the end result but in a world dominated by giants being tiny has no benefits.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, tonyman said:

if she stops taking the useless antibiotics then she would be cured in one week but she has other severe issues on top , she's  going to discuss the suggested natural cure with her specialist 

Useless  antibiotics !!!!

Do you have any idea how many people died of simple infections before them, they are the greatest discovery in medicine I would guess. 

Edited by BacktoDemocracy
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, BacktoDemocracy said:

Useless  antibiotics !!!!

Do you have any idea how many people died of simple infections before them, they are the greatest discovery in medicine I would guess. 

Wonderful discovery.

My Dad nearly died when his appendix burst when he was a boy -  no antibiotics available in the 1920's.

I've only needed to take antibiotics once in my life.  I believe they were over used at one time.  I remember working with a girl who seemed to be taking them for every little sniffle she had.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Millions died in the Spanish Flu because there were no antibiotics back then.

Although Flu is a virus, many do progress to bacterial infections which could be stopped by antibiotics.

But today we overuse them which is the problem and as a result super bugs are getting around which cannot be stopped by antibiotics.

  • Like 1

I want it all, and I want it now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, BacktoDemocracy said:

Useless  antibiotics !!!!

Do you have any idea how many people died of simple infections before them, they are the greatest discovery in medicine I would guess. 

yes they have been for the past 75 years but now there is a big resistance with them , they will become useless within the next 20 years .They were useless to  my friend is what I was referring to......its took them 30 years to find this new antibiotic but still on test with it …...alternative natural medicine is where we should be heading …..  


Voted Best Newcomer 2010 by PIO Members.......Thank you....x

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Toots said:

Wonderful discovery.

My Dad nearly died when his appendix burst when he was a boy -  no antibiotics available in the 1920's.

I've only needed to take antibiotics once in my life.  I believe they were over used at one time.  I remember working with a girl who seemed to be taking them for every little sniffle she had.

The biggest overuse is in farming where antibiotic resistance is my opinion being created, and where control seems to be minimal,  China being amongst the worst offenders along with US,  and yes people believe they are cures for viral infections and doctors did hand them out just to get people out of the surgery,

But now they are so reluctant and even told by bureacrats not to prescribe them that some minor infections are allowed to progress to the point where the more advanced antibiotics are needed whereas good old penicillin would have done the job at the outset, unfortunately I have needed antibiotics for chest problems so have tracked the changes in attitude over the years

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Toots said:

Wonderful discovery.

My Dad nearly died when his appendix burst when he was a boy -  no antibiotics available in the 1920's.

I've only needed to take antibiotics once in my life.  I believe they were over used at one time.  I remember working with a girl who seemed to be taking them for every little sniffle she had.

the girl was obviously wasting her time as antibiotics don't work against viruses...….. 

  • Like 1

Voted Best Newcomer 2010 by PIO Members.......Thank you....x

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Parley said:

Millions died in the Spanish Flu because there were no antibiotics back then.

Although Flu is a virus, many do progress to bacterial infections which could be stopped by antibiotics.

But today we overuse them which is the problem and as a result super bugs are getting around which cannot be stopped by antibiotics.

It is my understanding that the young fit and healthy 20-35-year olds died with Spanish flu because of a cytokine storm.
They drowned when their lungs filled up with liquid.
There were no drugs available to suppress the immune system in 1918-1919.

The 40-55-year-old survived because their own bodies immune system was less aggressive and only killed the virus.

Those over the age 55 died because their immune system was not good enough to fight off the flu virus.   

https://www.breakthroughs.com/foundations-science/inside-cytokine-storm-when-your-immune-system-too-strong

I doubt the use of antibiotics would have saved the 20-35-year olds.

Antibiotics may have saved those over the age of 35 with secondary infections.


I am not an medical expert this is just my opinion.

 

  • Like 2

You can ignore reality but you cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone understand the reasoning behind Australia's half arsed response?

Letting in people, despite coming from China - if they are residents or citizens.

I'm pretty sure the flu doesn't discriminate in that manner...

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, unzippy said:

Does anyone understand the reasoning behind Australia's half arsed response?

Letting in people, despite coming from China - if they are residents or citizens.

I'm pretty sure the flu doesn't discriminate in that manner...

Yes it is half arsed but aren't they being quarantined?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No mention of quarantine.

"Outside Australia

Do not attempt to travel to Australia within 14 days of leaving or transiting mainland China, unless

you are an:

o Australian citizen

o Permanent resident

o New Zealand citizen resident in Australia

o Immediate family member of an Australian citizen or permanent resident including spouses /

de facto partners, minor dependants and legal guardians

o Diplomats"

 

https://www.health.gov.au/news/health-alerts/novel-coronavirus-2019-ncov-health-alert#travellers-and-visitors

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×