and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

simmo

Corona Virus

1 hour ago, Rallyman said:

Why should I be hoping mad , full order book for next 18 months 

I'm sure lots thought that with the GFC, companies go bankrupt or lay off staff or do cut backs when the economy does a nose dive,

Wuhan in lockdown, Shanghai like a ghost town, is manufacturing and export still happening in China, how much money is it costing China to get this under control? A 1000 bed hospital in days doesn't come cheap. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, newjez said:

Have you looked at the price of iron ore?

Not too bad at the moment but this is what, week 5,? if this continues and spreads 3% growth might be very optimistic.

https://www.reuters.com/article/column-russell-ironore-china/column-iron-ore-coking-coal-shrug-off-china-coronavirus-look-to-stimulus-russell-idUSL4N2AB10N

2 hours ago, BacktoDemocracy said:

Not too bad at the moment but this is what, week 5,? if this continues and spreads 3% growth might be very optimistic.

https://www.reuters.com/article/column-russell-ironore-china/column-iron-ore-coking-coal-shrug-off-china-coronavirus-look-to-stimulus-russell-idUSL4N2AB10N

Look at the price of iron ore on a three month graph. It had been recovering nicely, then it fell off a cliff, picked up briefly when they thought numbers were dropping, then nose dived again. This will be bad for Perth if they don't get a quick fix in.

Just now, simmo said:

hope this is fake

People don't seem to be reacting to the gunfire, so I'm guessing it's fake.

My wife was in A&E for an unrelated matter.

She was chatting to the nurse about Corona virus. The nurse said it's all been hyped up by the media. Her brother was in the pub in Brighton where the super spreader was, and her brother is fine apparently.

So far at least.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, newjez said:

She was chatting to the nurse about Corona virus. The nurse said it's all been hyped up by the media. Her brother was in the pub in Brighton where the super spreader was, and her brother is fine apparently.

So far at least.

cool story bro!

• Like 1

Just now, simmo said:

cool story bro!

I would tell you she was out in under three hours. And the tests meant she had to be there for at least two. But you probably wouldn't believe me.

Corona virus has certainly cut down the waiting times. People are too scared to go I guess.

7 hours ago, BacktoDemocracy said:

I'm sure lots thought that with the GFC, companies go bankrupt or lay off staff or do cut backs when the economy does a nose dive,

Wuhan in lockdown, Shanghai like a ghost town, is manufacturing and export still happening in China, how much money is it costing China to get this under control? A 1000 bed hospital in days doesn't come cheap. 

But it’s a nothing virus according to you And others on here. GFC totally different 

manufacturing in Shanghai does not effect me.labour in China is cheap as are materials 

1 hour ago, newjez said:

So far at least.

You obviously missed what I posted my wife has to do over here before any home visits , also changed this week with all registered patients being contacted by government  , no answer no treatment as well as risk assessment by nurses which is sent straight to government not to health authorities 

all over in 2 weeks you said 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, unzippy said:

Nothing to do with my leanings.

All to do with the website.

"website based on the promotion of false/misleading/debunked information"

Do some research, that's all. Think for yourself.

It’s reporting what other sites are reporting 

you gather all available information and make a decision, on this I think they are on the money, your stance clearly shows a leaning to left which is your choice no problem from me 

9 hours ago, unzippy said:

Nothing to do with my leanings.

All to do with the website.

"website based on the promotion of false/misleading/debunked information"

Do some research, that's all. Think for yourself.

Zero hedge isn't political.

It is bearish, and the Corona virus may have a bearish effect, so I understand them emphasizing the bad.

Certainly not right wing.

Left wing anti establishment if anything.

• Thanks 1

But it’s a nothing virus according to you And others on here. GFC totally different 

manufacturing in Shanghai does not effect me.labour in China is cheap as are materials 

No I don't believe I ever said that, I argued the exact opposite what I objected to the sensationalism of the mail

• Confused 1

You don't get it, economies today are inter locked, that's globalisation for you.

You obviously missed what I posted my wife has to do over here before any home visits , also changed this week with all registered patients being contacted by government  , no answer no treatment as well as risk assessment by nurses which is sent straight to government not to health authorities 

all over in 2 weeks you said 

What I actually said was, the papers will get bored with it in a couple of weeks.

The papers were getting bored with it until China changed their counting methods.

46 minutes ago, BacktoDemocracy said:

You don't get it, economies today are inter locked, that's globalisation for you.

You were telling me I should be hoping mad ,I am fine here all good   Worry about yourself 

24 minutes ago, Rallyman said:

You were telling me I should be hoping mad ,I am fine here all good   Worry about yourself 

This is what I said

" If I was you I would be hoping like mad that the Chinese are not lying because China’s economy and Australia's are closely linked and on present guesses China is going to take a wallop from this."

I was commenting on the reliance of Australia's  economy on China’s and how that may impact on Australian businesses or do you just deliberately ignore any comment that does not accord with your opinion.

51 minutes ago, BacktoDemocracy said:

This is what I said

" If I was you I would be hoping like mad that the Chinese are not lying because China’s economy and Australia's are closely linked and on present guesses China is going to take a wallop from this."

I was commenting on the reliance of Australia's  economy on China’s and how that may impact on Australian businesses or do you just deliberately ignore any comment that does not accord with your opinion.

Like I said my order book has no reliance on Chinese economy like I said don’t worry mate 

4 hours ago, newjez said:

What I actually said was, the papers will get bored with it in a couple of weeks.

The papers were getting bored with it until China changed their counting methods.

No they won't it is the biggest global issue in the world at the moment.

• Thanks 1

I want it all, and I want it now.

11 hours ago, newjez said:

Look at the price of iron ore on a three month graph. It had been recovering nicely, then it fell off a cliff, picked up briefly when they thought numbers were dropping, then nose dived again. This will be bad for Perth if they don't get a quick fix in.

Remember a few years ago when the "experts" said iron ore would be $40 a tonne. The WA government factored in a pretty low price then, so every extra dollar they've earnt since has been a welcome bonus. A lot of those miners have gold interests that offsets the ore price.

$82.59 today and up.

4 hours ago, BacktoDemocracy said:

Where do you stand on globalisation BTD? I would have thought ypu'd have been all for it. The likes of Trump and a lot of right wing governments around the world are pulling back from globalisation and concentrating on what's good for their country. Bit like Brexit too. Thought you would have been against that.

1 hour ago, Parley said:

No they won't it is the biggest global issue in the world at the moment.

Measles is still a big problem globally too.  There are 6.5 million cases and 110,000 estimated measles-related deaths world-wide each year according to the WHO.

• Like 2