simmo

Corona Virus

Only 2 new cases in Victoria and no deaths.

Maybe Dan was right after all.

• Like 1

I want it all, and I want it now.

6 hours ago, bunbury61 said:

Just listening to labour mayor of Manchester- andy Burnham- worth a listen .

And all those ,who think that the mental health , job and social issues are coming to an end - should bloody think again .

Andy Burnham wants a national lockdown , but the govt can't and won't fund it .

We have a North- South situation rising up .

Social unrest and disobedience ahead ,as I alluded to yesterday, could become a reality .

People of the North have genuine legitimate concerns , jobs , debt and subsequent mental health , but watch the  nutjobs , such as antifa , arrive on the scene and get  involved .

I like Andy Burnham and he speaks well.  I think a really harsh, two/three week national lockdown makes sense.  If that doesn’t help then it’s probably beyond saving.  That would cause a further bad blow to the economy but longer term it could help it. Sometimes you have to go backwards to be able to go forwards.  Getting this under control is key to the future economy so talking a further hit has to be considered. It would have to be a very serious lockdown and heavily policed but the effect on stopping the spread could be great. The virus doesn’t move, people move it. 

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, Parley said:

But still he won’t open up retail/cafes.  A population of 7 million and two cases.  Do you think it’s time he should lighten up restrictions a little. 

10 minutes ago, Tulip1 said:

But still he won’t open up retail/cafes.  A population of 7 million and two cases.  Do you think it’s time he should lighten up restrictions a little. 

My butcher reckons/heard is that come Sunday, we will get to travel 20km rather than the current 5km.  Non food retail will still be shut.  Cafes will still operate in takeaway mode.

14 minutes ago, Tulip1 said:

Yes definitely. And he will on Sunday.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Parley said:

Yes definitely. And he will on Sunday.

As unzippy has said, I’ve heard he may change the 5km restriction to 20km. It’s a token gesture but for many it won’t make a difference. Travel to where when nothing’s open to go to?  It will be interesting to see what he does and offers. 

42 minutes ago, Tulip1 said:

As unzippy has said, I’ve heard he may change the 5km restriction to 20km. It’s a token gesture but for many it won’t make a difference. Travel to where when nothing’s open to go to?  It will be interesting to see what he does and offers. 

They may combine that with allowing you to visit family and friends within 20km zone.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Tulip1 said:

I like Andy Burnham and he speaks well.  I think a really harsh, two/three week national lockdown makes sense.  If that doesn’t help then it’s probably beyond saving.  That would cause a further bad blow to the economy but longer term it could help it. Sometimes you have to go backwards to be able to go forwards.  Getting this under control is key to the future economy so talking a further hit has to be considered. It would have to be a very serious lockdown and heavily policed but the effect on stopping the spread could be great. The virus doesn’t move, people move it. 

Agreed tulip , but , in 20 years time ,will people say multiple lockdowns were worth it , when there is tumbleweed blowing down  the main st in Central Manchester?

Where i disagree , is that a further lockdown , will not get it under control ....IMHO. 

As we are aware ,you  lock the country down tight , but people have to adhere to it - will they in Liverpool or Manchester?

or are we going to have social disorder ?

Its fine ,people saying let's have another lockdown - but where is the money coming from, and will the businesses affected recover  ?.

• Like 1

BUT I DONT FEEL AFRAID

AS LONG AS I GAZE AT

WATERLOO SUNSET

IAM IN PARADISE

10 hours ago, Tulip1 said:

Plenty to go to. Loved ones to visit. Go for a picnic. Lots of cafes and restaurants offering takeaway, get together in the park. 

Scot by birth, emigrated 1985 | Aussie husband applied UK spouse visa Jan 2015, granted March 2015, moved to UK May 2015 | Returned to Oz June 2016

"The stranger who comes home does not make himself at home but makes home itself strange." -- Rainer Maria Rilke

On 11/10/2020 at 06:48, bunbury61 said:

Come on ,its nothing to do with bojo - hes doing his best with information received by the scientists

😂

• Like 1

On 12/10/2020 at 17:56, bunbury61 said:

Australians in general will do as they are told - iam afraid that won't wash here - especially in the likes of Liverpool 😀

What's that supposed to mean?

• Like 1

I'm a bit disappointed that Liverpool didn't stand up to this shambles of a Govt as much as Manchester did. Fair play to Burnham. Pity he isn't in a more prominent role, he talks sense.

I'm all for the people of Liverpool standing firm against this Govt, they're like nothing I've ever encountered. They were working on the advice of science and telling everyone about it, now it turns out they're not. At least keep your lies consistent.

These restrictions that the Govt have employed will make no difference whatsover, even Whitty said so in the press conference. Pointless. So, I'm glad people are rebelling. There is no scientific basis for what they are doing.

As said a 100 pages ago, we either all go into lockdown and ruin the economy, put 4m on the dole OR we carry on as normal and people get sick and die. Everything in between makes no difference and has no impact.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, s713 said:

I'm a bit disappointed that Liverpool didn't stand up to this shambles of a Govt as much as Manchester did. Fair play to Burnham. Pity he isn't in a more prominent role, he talks sense.

I'm all for the people of Liverpool standing firm against this Govt, they're like nothing I've ever encountered. They were working on the advice of science and telling everyone about it, now it turns out they're not. At least keep your lies consistent.

These restrictions that the Govt have employed will make no difference whatsover, even Whitty said so in the press conference. Pointless. So, I'm glad people are rebelling. There is no scientific basis for what they are doing.

As said a 100 pages ago, we either all go into lockdown and ruin the economy, put 4m on the dole OR we carry on as normal and people get sick and die. Everything in between makes no difference and has no impact.

‘These restrictions that the Govt have employed will make no difference whatsover, even Whitty said so in the press conference’ 

No he never said they will make no difference whatsoever.  He did say they may not go far enough/be enough to do what’s necessary but that’s far from saying they won’t make any difference.  Would you be able to put up the link showing that.

Edited by Tulip1
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, bunbury61 said:

Agreed tulip , but , in 20 years time ,will people say multiple lockdowns were worth it , when there is tumbleweed blowing down  the main st in Central Manchester?

Where i disagree , is that a further lockdown , will not get it under control ....IMHO. 

As we are aware ,you  lock the country down tight , but people have to adhere to it - will they in Liverpool or Manchester?

or are we going to have social disorder ?

Its fine ,people saying let's have another lockdown - but where is the money coming from, and will the businesses affected recover  ?.

So whats your answer, just tuck people up in a warehose and clear the dead out each morning and let the rest of the world get on with living.

You do realise that down that road is euthanasia because non of the covid patients could be admitted to hospital for fear of cross infection and to proteft medical staff so we can have a health system in the future.

You haven't a clue about what you talking about.

Just give me your take on this, we have something like 500 beds in these Nightingale hospitals, each bed requires something like15 qualified and expert staff when you take account of shifts and days off plus the inevitable down time for sickness in staff, thats 7500 extra staff when the NHS is short of 000's of staff. Go figure what will happen if this infection is allowed to simply rampage thro the population, see how many of the bars, clubs, pubs and shops, factories and road hauliers are left at the end of that little scenario.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tulip1 said:

‘These restrictions that the Govt have employed will make no difference whatsover, even Whitty said so in the press conference’ 

No he never said they will make no difference whatsoever.  He did say they may not go far enough/be enough to do what’s necessary but that’s far from saying they won’t make any difference.  Would you be able to put up the link showing that.

He said they won't go far enough, I think to anyone tutored in the English language that means they will not  bring the infection rate under control and therefore will not achieve the objective of stopping the spread of the virus, in common parlance that is " they will make no difference to the spread of the virus"

but if you love Boris and his bunch of nincompoops so much we could carry on the argument purely on semantics.

Screenshot_20201016-162819_Chrome.thumb.jpg.dcb910d08093d3b79906d8dfb69da574.jpg

BUT I DONT FEEL AFRAID

AS LONG AS I GAZE AT

WATERLOO SUNSET

IAM IN PARADISE

I believe covid is  out there , mow anyway, and all the lockdowns won't stop it .

Andy Burnham wants his cake and eat it .

He speaks well , but that's for his audience - easy ,when you don't have to balance the books .

He wants full lockdown with full payments to all affected .

And thats great whilst you are  in opposition,  but sadly its not feasible .

You lock everything down , and as I said previously , people don't adhere to it - look at my post above .

RULES FOR ONE - RULES FOR ANOTHER .

There is no right and wrong way,  but if you are going to put the police and army on the street .

Put them on the street to enforce wearing PPE , and leave as much open as possible .

Isolate and protect the elderly and vulnerable .

Make sure everyone else takes a commonsense approach

BUT I DONT FEEL AFRAID

AS LONG AS I GAZE AT

WATERLOO SUNSET

IAM IN PARADISE

On 16/10/2020 at 08:32, Parley said:

Only 1 new case today - but I still think we are a long way off any other state reopening their border with Victoria. Unless the Federal government are going to step in and demand the borders be reopened Dan has no choice but to keep on the same track (albeit with some loosening due to be announced tomorrow).

Chartered Accountant (England & Wales); Registered Tax Agent & Fellow of The Tax Institute (Australia)

Screenshot_20201017-073142_Chrome.thumb.jpg.4b9bd8e21d2033469bd29d6f4199f14d.jpg

BUT I DONT FEEL AFRAID

AS LONG AS I GAZE AT

WATERLOO SUNSET

IAM IN PARADISE

Vaccine soon Screenshot_20201017-085054_Chrome.thumb.jpg.17924f94ac3e30e1288f17d8829bdd0a.jpg

BUT I DONT FEEL AFRAID

AS LONG AS I GAZE AT

WATERLOO SUNSET

IAM IN PARADISE

17 hours ago, bunbury61 said:

I believe covid is  out there , mow anyway, and all the lockdowns won't stop it .

Andy Burnham wants his cake and eat it .

He speaks well , but that's for his audience - easy ,when you don't have to balance the books .

He wants full lockdown with full payments to all affected .

And thats great whilst you are  in opposition,  but sadly its not feasible .

You lock everything down , and as I said previously , people don't adhere to it - look at my post above .

RULES FOR ONE - RULES FOR ANOTHER .

There is no right and wrong way,  but if you are going to put the police and army on the street .

Put them on the street to enforce wearing PPE , and leave as much open as possible .

Isolate and protect the elderly and vulnerable .

Make sure everyone else takes a commonsense approach

I love it, all these lovers of freedom are the first to advocate a police state whilst all the lefties are demonstrating for human rights.

Funny isn't how quickly the fascism takes hold.

1 hour ago, bunbury61 said:

Vaccine soon Screenshot_20201017-085054_Chrome.thumb.jpg.17924f94ac3e30e1288f17d8829bdd0a.jpg

And the reason for using the army is?  Because the Tories ran the NHS down as a precursor to privatising it.

So vaccinations are going to be done by Squaddies are they.

I'm sure the Armed Services will be very happy at seeing their medical staff stripped out.