simmo

Corona Virus

2 minutes ago, Paul1Perth said:

I'm sure there are plenty of things that the UK would have liked to ignore that came from the EU. They are still negotiating though and I bet they don't want to upset them too much.

Borders didn't stay closed long enough did they. Everyone thought what a splendid idea it would be to go on holiday.

is that everyone Paul....all 65 million of us or just your families inner circle?

5 minutes ago, kungfustu said:

😂.....honestly you cannot even get basic facts right.....reading some of this is like an episode of Cissie and Ada......😂.....the governments/NHS guidelines are 14 days if you have been in contact with someone that tested positive or you live with someone that tested positive.....its a minimum of 10 days if you have tested positive or you have symptoms.

What's it matter what the guidlines are when a lot of people are choosing to ignore them, no ones checking, no ones being fined.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kungfustu said:

it means its a massive over reaction and designed to scare the sh@t out of people like you....it is a lab test and does not represent reality.....the reality in which it is being used to control you.....read the 2nd paragraph about "disagreements"

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-54500673

First of all I'm not scared.  We have been bluddy Covid free for weeks and weeks and even when it was first around I wasn't one of those folk who leapt out of people's way just in case I caught it.  I've never worn a mask and these days never think about hand sanitisers and socially distancing.  Might think differently - given my age - if I was in an area where the virus was rampant.

• Like 2

Just now, kungfustu said:

is that everyone Paul....all 65 million of us or just your families inner circle?

My nephew went to Ibiza but I'm pretty sure there were plenty more Brits flying all over the place. He was a bit disappointed as most places were closed. He was expecting normal Ibiza, partying all night.

What's it matter what the guidlines are when a lot of people are choosing to ignore them, no ones checking, no ones being fined.

what you mean like all those idiots in Melbourne.....the security who were supposed to be doing a job when in fact they were putting their feet up and fraternising with the locals....?

4 minutes ago, rtritudr said:

Oh it was the Guardian. They'd love that, another conspiracy theory.

2 minutes ago, kungfustu said:

what you mean like all those idiots in Melbourne.....the security who were supposed to be doing a job when in fact they were putting their feet up and fraternising with the locals....?

Yeh, a lot like that. Only here they are having an enquiry to find out why it happened that's already cost one minister her job and Dan Andrews has to give his phone records up, so he's not out of the woods himself yet.

7 minutes ago, rtritudr said:

Interesting that the Australian Guardian leaves the most important part of the study out and offers no real reality to the study.....real world effects....its just a joke....ridiculous and its there to reinforce the draconian measures. 

15 minutes ago, kungfustu said:

it means its a massive over reaction and designed to scare the sh@t out of people like you....it is a lab test and does not represent reality.....the reality in which it is being used to control you.....read the 2nd paragraph about "disagreements"

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-54500673

Why would it scare people like me and toots. We don't have to worry about it at all.

1 minute ago, Paul1Perth said:

Yeh, a lot like that. Only here they are having an enquiry to find out why it happened that's already cost one minister her job and Dan Andrews has to give his phone records up, so he's not out of the woods himself yet.

You talk like Australia is the holy grail on Covid....I have seen the pictures of thousands of people on beaches in Victoria not social distancing.....Police being called to move them on......read the stories of the girl in WA that got locked up because she did not quarrantine correctly.....seen the reports of people packing into cafes and bars and ignoring all your own social distancing measures.....read about the debacle with Victoria's quarrantine.....its no different Paul.....no different over there to over here....we are all people and all react the same in similar situations.....Australians are no better or worse at this than we are.....you have very little good/positive to say about us Paul.....whats changed?

Interesting that the Australian Guardian leaves the most important part of the study out and offers no real reality to the study.....real world effects....its just a joke....ridiculous and its there to reinforce the draconian measures. 

They're scientists kungfu, love to mess around and do a few experiments. They get paid for it too. 

Don't think it will make one iota of difference to the Victorian lockdown. It's just something to fill the papers up with.

Why would it scare people like me and toots. We don't have to worry about it at all.

I didn't say you specifically.....I didn't say Toots specifically but if you want to throw your toys out of the pram by aligning yourself with it then thats up to you....you are both intelligent people.....you dont need me to explain the meaning of the phrase "people like you"

1 minute ago, Paul1Perth said:

They're scientists kungfu, love to mess around and do a few experiments. They get paid for it too. 

Don't think it will make one iota of difference to the Victorian lockdown. It's just something to fill the papers up with.

it wont affect the lockdown measures....no....but its a message to the people of Victoria.....sh@t....look how scary this thing is....it lives on my phone for a month....you don't need me to explain this method of getting a message across do you?.....its control....its about controlling you.

33 minutes ago, Paul1Perth said:

I also know the lockdown here worked, economy has picked up, people are back at work, no-one wearing masks, no restrictions anywhere, it's as though covid never existed. 

I know what I prefer.

your borders are closed Paul if you hadn't realised.....your national border is going to be closed until late into next year from I read over the weekend.....I also read that WA's border with other states is going to remain closed until April....correct me if I am wrong but thats what I thought I heard.....you think thats good for your economy?

2 minutes ago, kungfustu said:

You talk like Australia is the holy grail on Covid....I have seen the pictures of thousands of people on beaches in Victoria not social distancing.....Police being called to move them on......read the stories of the girl in WA that got locked up because she did not quarrantine correctly.....seen the reports of people packing into cafes and bars and ignoring all your own social distancing measures.....read about the debacle with Victoria's quarrantine.....its no different Paul.....no different over there to over here....we are all people and all react the same in similar situations.....Australians are no better or worse at this than we are.....you have very little good/positive to say about us Paul.....whats changed?

There are several states in Aus that have locked down and managed to have no community transmission for weeks. Which means everyone can get on with their lives and jobs and not worry.

I know we have several advantages where we've been able to close states off and make sure no-one travelled between them. 

We have the advantage of lots of space, bigger houses, less compact neighbourhoods. We've been lucky.

I'm disappointed in the way the UK reacted but once it was in the community there really wasn't much they could have tried to do differently to control it. They might issue news like they've locked Leicester, or Thameside, or Greater Manchester down but common sense tells you that they can't, without closing every road in and out and physically stopping people. There are too many people in too small a place with roads everywhere. If they blocked roads people would walk through fields. It was impossible.

I see plenty of people being critical from the UK. Are you supportive of everything they've done?

I also see people who still think there should be even more of a lockdown with greater controls.

What do you think should happen?

your borders are closed Paul if you hadn't realised.....your national border is going to be closed until late into next year from I read over the weekend.....I also read that WA's border with other states is going to remain closed until April....correct me if I am wrong but thats what I thought I heard.....you think thats good for your economy?

Our economy in WA is fine mate. Mining, oil and gas production unaffected, royalties from Iron Ore and other mined minerals subsidising the national budget. 

Price of all our commodities is sky high because Brazil, South Africa and other competing countries have had to close down their operations due to covid. Here they were super careful. My son works FIFO on a rig and was living in Newcastle. He had to fly in to WA, quarantine in Karratha for 2 weeks before going to the rig. Tested a few times too.

Now he's moved to Perth with his girlfriend he still has to go for a test and get a negative result before going, no quarantine though.

Loads of jobs going at the moment as a lot of interstate workers found it too much hassle.

13 minutes ago, Paul1Perth said:

There are several states in Aus that have locked down and managed to have no community transmission for weeks. Which means everyone can get on with their lives and jobs and not worry.

I know we have several advantages where we've been able to close states off and make sure no-one travelled between them. 

We have the advantage of lots of space, bigger houses, less compact neighbourhoods. We've been lucky.

I'm disappointed in the way the UK reacted but once it was in the community there really wasn't much they could have tried to do differently to control it. They might issue news like they've locked Leicester, or Thameside, or Greater Manchester down but common sense tells you that they can't, without closing every road in and out and physically stopping people. There are too many people in too small a place with roads everywhere. If they blocked roads people would walk through fields. It was impossible.

I see plenty of people being critical from the UK. Are you supportive of everything they've done?

I also see people who still think there should be even more of a lockdown with greater controls.

What do you think should happen?

No I am not....but I dont have time to go into that now....I need to go to work.

Iam purposely not getting involved in the debate - because I don't know enough of the facts .

But I have watched a few health professionals , and one of the promising stats , is that large doses of VITAMIN D has had great results .

There's a pommie doctor on YouTube- he's jumping up and down ,that no one has looked at the results

This is from people admitted to ICU with bad symptoms .

Iam sure ,it was stated ,of the 50 chronic cases admitted only 1 died after massive doses of a form of vitamin D , were administered 

But I stand to be corrected , by health professionals on this message board 

BUT I DONT FEEL AFRAID

AS LONG AS I GAZE AT

WATERLOO SUNSET

IAM IN PARADISE

Screenshot_20201012-110827_YouTube.thumb.jpg.47e8231943339f33a5008068d375ccd7.jpg

BUT I DONT FEEL AFRAID

AS LONG AS I GAZE AT

WATERLOO SUNSET

IAM IN PARADISE

42 minutes ago, bunbury61 said:

Iam purposely not getting involved in the debate - because I don't know enough of the facts .

But I have watched a few health professionals , and one of the promising stats , is that large doses of VITAMIN D has had great results .

There's a pommie doctor on YouTube- he's jumping up and down ,that no one has looked at the results

This is from people admitted to ICU with bad symptoms .

Iam sure ,it was stated ,of the 50 chronic cases admitted only 1 died after massive doses of a form of vitamin D , were administered 

But I stand to be corrected , by health professionals on this message board 

Why don't you provide a link to back up what you say ?

I want it all, and I want it now.

3 hours ago, kungfustu said:

Have you checked out the statistics?  New Zealand's borders are closed and its economy is recovering more strongly than countries which didn't lock down.  Early signs are that the other states (except Victoria) are recovering well too - and they are alreading beginning to open their borders to each other, gradually, including New Zealand (except for the leper colony Victoria, of course). 

You may also have missed the fact that imports are still arriving and exports are still going out - tourism is the one thing that's suffering but then again, since Australians and New Zealanders can't go anywhere else in the world, they're keen to holiday at home and replace the foreign tourists.

The closed borders have been terrible for families who are separated and for new migrants who can't get here - but apart from that, they don't affect our daily lives that much, apart from being able to go on a holiday outside our own state.  But given the size of most Australian states, we can hardly argue that's such a big sacrifice in the scheme of things.

The closure of small businesses is a much bigger issue.

Edited by Marisawright
  • Like 1

Scot by birth, emigrated 1985 | Aussie husband applied UK spouse visa Jan 2015, granted March 2015, moved to UK May 2015 | Returned to Oz June 2016

"The stranger who comes home does not make himself at home but makes home itself strange." -- Rainer Maria Rilke

59 minutes ago, bunbury61 said:

It's rare that we agree, Bunbury, but you are right.  Several health professionals, including Dr Fauci, have recommended that people take Vitamin D as a precautionary measure, because it appears that people with good Vitamin D levels are better able to fight off Covid.  But it's thought you need to have Vit D in your system before you catch the bug. 

Taking large doses of Vitamin D can be fatal,  so there are several trials going on to test the efficacy and safety of megadosing someone who's already sick.

Edited by Marisawright

Scot by birth, emigrated 1985 | Aussie husband applied UK spouse visa Jan 2015, granted March 2015, moved to UK May 2015 | Returned to Oz June 2016

"The stranger who comes home does not make himself at home but makes home itself strange." -- Rainer Maria Rilke

1 hour ago, Marisawright said:

It's rare that we agree, Bunbury, but you are right.  Several health professionals, including Dr Fauci, have recommended that people take Vitamin D as a precautionary measure, because it appears that people with good Vitamin D levels are better able to fight off Covid.  But it's thought you need to have Vit D in your system before you catch the bug. 

Taking large doses of Vitamin D can be fatal,  so there are several trials going on to test the efficacy and safety of megadosing someone who's already sick.

I don't think anyone living in Australia is going to have a problem with not having enough Vitamin D.  Of course the UK is totally different.

55 minutes ago, rtritudr said:

I don't think anyone living in Australia is going to have a problem with not having enough Vitamin D.  Of course the UK is totally different.

You'd be surprised!

• Like 1