Diagnostic Radiographer ANZSCO 251211/ sonographer ANZSCO 251214

Jaybird

Hey, hope this isn’t too confusing and not sure if anyone else has been in the same position as me....
I am hoping to apply for the 189 visa and possibly the 190 visa. I am a qualified Sonographer in the UK (qualified and started working in October 2016). Prior to this I was a diagnostic radiographer for 5 years.
I submitted my skills assessment to ASMIRT and passed the skills assessment as a diagnostic radiographer but failed the sonographer assessment as I am not trained in obstetrics or MSK. 
When submitting my EOI I will obviously be using the diagnostic radiographer ANZSCO 251211 Code. My question however is when filling in previous employment for the 189 visa can I put down sonographer since October 2016 or will this hinder the application? Technically diagnostic radiographer and sonographer are related jobs as they are both under medical imaging and sonographer was a promotion from radiographer. Also under the HCPC I am still register as a radiographer as sonographer is not a protected job title. I will also soon be training in lithotripsy as well which uses both ultrasound and xrays so technically still working as a radiographer for that bit even though my main job title is sonographer. Thank you for reading this far. 

16 hours ago, Jaybird said:
Hey, hope this isn’t too confusing and not sure if anyone else has been in the same position as me....
I am hoping to apply for the 189 visa and possibly the 190 visa. I am a qualified Sonographer in the UK (qualified and started working in October 2016). Prior to this I was a diagnostic radiographer for 5 years.
I submitted my skills assessment to ASMIRT and passed the skills assessment as a diagnostic radiographer but failed the sonographer assessment as I am not trained in obstetrics or MSK. 
When submitting my EOI I will obviously be using the diagnostic radiographer ANZSCO 251211 Code. My question however is when filling in previous employment for the 189 visa can I put down sonographer since October 2016 or will this hinder the application? Technically diagnostic radiographer and sonographer are related jobs as they are both under medical imaging and sonographer was a promotion from radiographer. Also under the HCPC I am still register as a radiographer as sonographer is not a protected job title. I will also soon be training in lithotripsy as well which uses both ultrasound and xrays so technically still working as a radiographer for that bit even though my main job title is sonographer. Thank you for reading this far. 

I would have thought that as long as the years of experience acknowledged by ASMIRT equals to the number of points you're claiming, it should not make a difference.

From a common sense point of view, let's say you're a radiographer, who after 5 years on the frontline, is now a superintendent. Your job title is superintendent, but you're claiming points as a radiographer.

That's just my personal view though; I'm not a migration agent.

• 2 months later...
On 23/01/2020 at 13:59, Jaybird said:

Hello. Sorry, how much time did it take to get assessment by ASMIRT? In the website they say up to 16 weeks. 

By the way, I think you can be assessed as radiographer and immigrate as a radiographer as well, once you settle down in Australia, you can be assessed as a sonographer by AHPRA. Not all jobs(radio, sono...) require ASMIRT assessment, but nearly all of them require AHPRA assessment. 

These days for getting a 189 you need to have 90,95 points, but with 70 to 85 you can get 190 visa. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...