Jump to content

You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

tonyman

Hitch hiking Perth to Melbourne

Recommended Posts

A guy I know tried to do this today, only got an hour out of Perth! Heading home now to drive it in an old car!

Is Hitch Hiking a done thing these days?

I'd never pick one up personally...


Voted Best Newcomer 2010 by PIO Members.......Thank you....x

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

if you want the chance of being raped or murdered....do it

  • Like 1

Drinking rum before 11am does not make you an alcoholic, it makes you pirate..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fraught with danger - I wouldn't want anyone I know doing it

  • Like 2

I just want PIO to be a happy place where people are nice to each other and unicorns poop rainbows

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is a 60 odd year old guy.... Long long story.....


Voted Best Newcomer 2010 by PIO Members.......Thank you....x

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I must be too trustworthy because I would feel safe, although if my son said he was doing it I would probably not be happy lol. 
‘There seem to be a lot of truck drivers on the road who I’m sure would be happy to give your mate a lift @tonyman . 

  • Like 1

If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@tonyman another option for him, well another two options are, transfercars a website (although there are a few others) that do one way rentals, they are usually free or a nominal fee of $1 a day but they do ask for a large bond in case you do a runner. The other is for him to ask at some of the backpacker hostels and see if anyone is driving over this way and if he can share fuel costs. 

  • Like 1

If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kate.... no.... You wouldn't do that......
This guy is rather strange but very intelligent..... He has the cure for cancer and many other forms of disease..... Another long story but true, it's hard where to start on this but will try soon as it will raise a few eye browes and is very interesting ....

I must be too trustworthy because I would feel safe, although if my son said he was doing it I would probably not be happy lol. 
‘There seem to be a lot of truck drivers on the road who I’m sure would be happy to give your mate a lift [mention=216672]tonyman[/mention] . 

Voted Best Newcomer 2010 by PIO Members.......Thank you....x

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds very interesting. I think people get to the point where they try anything although I’m on the verge off stopping everything all the tablets, etc. my specialists don’t support me but my GP would

  • Like 1

If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kate... You should talk to this guy, no tablets involved , it might sound far fetched but please trust me on this one, the government have forced him out of Perth and closed down the uni he was at because of his findings, hence why he's going to one of the Melbourne unis to complete his study so that he can openly export his discovery.... The government are trying to stop this and he's at war with them...... Again, long story but I've seen results .......

Sounds very interesting. I think people get to the point where they try anything although I’m on the verge off stopping everything all the tablets, etc. my specialists don’t support me but my GP would
  • Like 1

Voted Best Newcomer 2010 by PIO Members.......Thank you....x

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tonyman said:

Kate.... no.... You wouldn't do that......
This guy is rather strange but very intelligent..... He has the cure for cancer and many other forms of disease..... Another long story but true, it's hard where to start on this but will try soon as it will raise a few eye browes and is very interesting ....

Cure  for cancer 😂


Drinking rum before 11am does not make you an alcoholic, it makes you pirate..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Perthbum said:

Cure  for cancer 😂

Don’t laugh, there is such a thing already in Cairns but I also heard the government try and hide it, I’ve no idea why. https://www.cairnspost.com.au/lifestyle/anticancer-drug-discovered-in-rainforest-successfully-tested-on-humans/news-story/9b6da3a28fb5efa23e0a01b5e40e63b5
 

  • Like 1

If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Perthbum said:

Cure  for cancer 😂

if you could listen to this guy it would certainly chance your way of thinking …...


Voted Best Newcomer 2010 by PIO Members.......Thank you....x

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I used to hitch in SA, back in the 70’s wearing my military uniform.  No problems, but it seemed like a different world back then...  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, tonyman said:

 

A guy I know tried to do this today, only got an hour out of Perth! Heading home now to drive it in an old car!

Is Hitch Hiking a done thing these days?

I'd never pick one up personally...

 

Have you heard of Ivan Milat ?

  • Like 1

I want it all, and I want it now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, tonyman said:

Kate... You should talk to this guy, no tablets involved , it might sound far fetched but please trust me on this one, the government have forced him out of Perth and closed down the uni he was at because of his findings,

They've closed down the entire university because of one professor in one department who made findings about one drug?  Pull the other one.  I could believe them sacking him, or cutting funding for the research, or even closing the department at a pinch - but not a whole university.  Sounds like a fantabulist to me. 

Fantabulists can be extremely convincing.  They really believe their own version of reality.

Edited by Marisawright
  • Like 1

Scot by birth, emigrated 1985 | Aussie husband applied UK spouse visa Jan 2015, granted March 2015, moved to UK May 2015 | Returned to Oz June 2016

"The stranger who comes home does not make himself at home but makes home itself strange." -- Rainer Maria Rilke

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Marisawright said:

They've closed down the entire university because of his findings on one drug? I hardly think so.

pretty much so , hence why he is now having to move to Melbourne to complete his studies and findings …...They would love to see the back of him 


Voted Best Newcomer 2010 by PIO Members.......Thank you....x

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Parley said:

Have you heard of Ivan Milat ?

Yes , he's long gone ……. 


Voted Best Newcomer 2010 by PIO Members.......Thank you....x

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, tonyman said:

pretty much so , hence why he is now having to move to Melbourne to complete his studies and findings …...They would love to see the back of him 

I don't believe it.  It should be easy enough to check if the uni has closed down, but if so, I very very much doubt the closure has anything to do with his research.

You'd also have to wonder, if the government is willing to take such drastic action to shut him up, how any university in Melbourne would be allowed to take him on...not to mention why he's so hard up he has to hitchhike.

Edited by Marisawright

Scot by birth, emigrated 1985 | Aussie husband applied UK spouse visa Jan 2015, granted March 2015, moved to UK May 2015 | Returned to Oz June 2016

"The stranger who comes home does not make himself at home but makes home itself strange." -- Rainer Maria Rilke

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What is the name of this ex university ?


I want it all, and I want it now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes he's very hard up indeed, everything he had has gone into this...... Give me a few week and I'll have all the correct facts ....
Yes when I first met this guy I thought he was a mad pro but after talking to him for over a year and seeing some results, trust me he's onto something... And good look to him for taking on the government and trying to prove how corrupt they are...

  • Like 1

Voted Best Newcomer 2010 by PIO Members.......Thank you....x

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll find that out pal

What is the name of this ex university ?

Voted Best Newcomer 2010 by PIO Members.......Thank you....x

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, tonyman said:

Yes when I first met this guy I thought he was a mad pro but after talking to him for over a year and seeing some results, trust me he's onto something... And good look to him for taking on the government and trying to prove how corrupt they are...

Forgive me for being sceptical.  My brother-in-law was a fantabulist.   He could tell stories that sounded incredibly convincing, backed up by all kinds of "facts".   

I was completely taken in at first, until  he decided to start telling me negative stories about my OH.  We were just engaged at the time and for some reason, it seemed like he wanted to break us up.   Luckily, I was already very close to their mother and had often sat listening to her stories on Sunday afternoons, so I had her version of events already, and it dawned on me that he was making things up.  

A lot of his stories were big-noting himself.  He was a mechanic, but at his funeral, we discovered that most of his friends thought he was an aerospace engineer. Not only that, but he'd won an award from British Aerospace for inventing some piece of machinery for them.   In fact, he'd been able to retire in his forties because of it.  In reality, he got a big compo payout, abandoned his wife and new baby and went to live in a small country town.  (We didn't tell them the truth, BTW)

 

 

  • Like 3

Scot by birth, emigrated 1985 | Aussie husband applied UK spouse visa Jan 2015, granted March 2015, moved to UK May 2015 | Returned to Oz June 2016

"The stranger who comes home does not make himself at home but makes home itself strange." -- Rainer Maria Rilke

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Marisawright said:

Forgive me for being sceptical.  My brother-in-law was a fantabulist.   He could tell stories that sounded incredibly convincing, backed up by all kinds of "facts".   

I was completely taken in at first, until  he decided to start telling me negative stories about my OH.  We were just engaged at the time and for some reason, it seemed like he wanted to break us up.   Luckily, I was already very close to their mother and had often sat listening to her stories on Sunday afternoons, so I had her version of events already, and it dawned on me that he was making things up.  

A lot of his stories were big-noting himself.  He was a mechanic, but at his funeral, we discovered that most of his friends thought he was an aerospace engineer. Not only that, but he'd won an award from British Aerospace for inventing some piece of machinery for them.   In fact, he'd been able to retire in his forties because of it.  In reality, he got a big compo payout, abandoned his wife and new baby and went to live in a small country town.  (We didn't tell them the truth, BTW)

 

 

It's scary to say the least that there have even been cases fake doctors who got away with it for a while.  😬

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-39201763

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's OK MW. I'm certainly not making up stories that's for sure , I wouldn't lie about life saving natural medicine....... this guy is my partners, Mums partner and I've spent hours listening to him..... I'm not creating an argument I'm just stating a fact that he has the cure for cancer......

Forgive me for being sceptical.  My brother-in-law was a fantabulist.   He could tell stories that sounded incredibly convincing, backed up by all kinds of "facts".   
I was completely taken in at first, until  he decided to start telling me negative stories about my OH.  We were just engaged at the time and for some reason, it seemed like he wanted to break us up.   Luckily, I was already very close to their mother and had often sat listening to her stories on Sunday afternoons, so I had her version of events already, and it dawned on me that he was making things up.  
A lot of his stories were big-noting himself.  He was a mechanic, but at his funeral, we discovered that most of his friends thought he was an aerospace engineer. Not only that, but he'd won an award from British Aerospace for inventing some piece of machinery for them.   In fact, he'd been able to retire in his forties because of it.  In reality, he got a big compo payout, abandoned his wife and new baby and went to live in a small country town.  (We didn't tell them the truth, BTW)
 
 
  • Haha 1

Voted Best Newcomer 2010 by PIO Members.......Thank you....x

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, tonyman said:

That's OK MW. I'm certainly not making up stories that's for sure , I wouldn't lie about life saving natural medicine.....

I'm not saying you're lying. You believe him, so you're telling the truth as far as you know it.   Even from what you've said, though, there's something about HIS story that doesn't add up so it rings alarm bells to me.  

I do remember there was a doctor in Perth doing radiowave therapy for cancer that was pooh-poohed by everybody but apparently got good results, but I'm not sure he's even alive any more. 

Found it  https://www.rife.de/radio-wave-cancer-therapy.html

Edited by Marisawright

Scot by birth, emigrated 1985 | Aussie husband applied UK spouse visa Jan 2015, granted March 2015, moved to UK May 2015 | Returned to Oz June 2016

"The stranger who comes home does not make himself at home but makes home itself strange." -- Rainer Maria Rilke

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×