register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

tonyman

Hitch hiking Perth to Melbourne

What doesn't add up?

I'm not saying you're lying. You believe him, so you're telling the truth as far as you know it.   Even from what you've said, though, there's something about HIS story that doesn't add up so it rings alarm bells to me.  
I do remember there was a doctor in Perth doing radiowave therapy for cancer that was pooh-poohed by everybody but apparently got good results, but I'm not sure he's even alive any more. 
Found it  https://www.rife.de/radio-wave-cancer-therapy.html

Voted Best Newcomer 2010 by PIO Members.......Thank you....x

2 hours ago, tonyman said:

I'll find that out pal

You’ve been talking to him for over a year about it and the government closed down the entire university because of him yet you don’t know which university? Why would the whole uni have to be closed down? As Marisa said, you’re not lying because you totally believe in it but it does sound very strange. Would the government not ensure he never studied in any uni ever again? It can’t be as easy as popping over to Melbourne to do the same as they’ll be closing that one down before long. He had to hitch hike because he put all his money into this? Even this sounds strange. Neither he or any of his family have the money to pay for a greyhound coach ticket? 

• Like 1

No, I dont know the name of the foundation but I'll find out for sure, it was a place that studies only in naturopatholigy......Only his partner knew he was going, I found out last night..... He's a difficult person to talk to but interesting to listen to..... He's also gone to Melbourne to see his new grandchild, staying in Perth would have put his studies back two years hence why he is trying another place as they have said he can continue from where he left off.....

You’ve been talking to him for over a year about it and the government closed down the entire university because of him yet you don’t know which university? Why would the whole uni have to be closed down? As Marisa said, you’re not lying because you totally believe in it but it does sound very strange. Would the government not ensure he never studied in any uni ever again? It can’t be as easy as popping over to Melbourne to do the same as they’ll be closing that one down before long. He had to hitch hike because he put all his money into this? Even this sounds strange. Neither he or any of his family have the money to pay for a greyhound coach ticket? 

The place is called Paramount college Perth, permanently closed last year....

44 minutes ago, tonyman said:

...  he is trying another place as they have said he can continue from where he left off.....

This is another bit that doesn't add up, as if the government is so desperate to silence him that they'd close an entire college, they'd make sure no other educational institution would take him on.  

Especially as all they really had to do was have a quiet word with the management of the college and get him sacked.

Looks like Paramount was a private college.  

Edited by Marisawright

Scot by birth, emigrated 1985 | Aussie husband applied UK spouse visa Jan 2015, granted March 2015, moved to UK May 2015 | Returned to Oz June 2016

"The stranger who comes home does not make himself at home but makes home itself strange." -- Rainer Maria Rilke

45 minutes ago, Marisawright said:

This is another bit that doesn't add up, as if the government is so desperate to silence him that they'd close an entire college, they'd make sure no other educational institution would take him on.  

Especially as all they really had to do was have a quiet word with the management of the college and get him sacked.

Looks like Paramount was a private college.  

correct, no other in Perth will take him from where he left off …….

they closed Paramount while they were half way through the course …...

18 minutes ago, tonyman said:

correct, no other in Perth will take him from where he left off …….

they closed Paramount while they were half way through the course …...

The government couldn't have closed it, because it's a private college run by a private company.   

The government could have withdrawn recognition for their courses (which happens sometimes if they're not meeting requirements, it happened recently to a college in Box Hill), but I don't think that's what happened.  Here's the notice - they went bust:

https://www.teqsa.gov.au/latest-news/articles/administrators-appointed-parapharm-pty-ltd-trading-paramount-higher-education

On another note, in a university, part of a lecturer's job is to do research.  In a private college like Paramount, that's not the case.  Lecturers are employed to teach.   He may well have been using the college's facilities to do his research but it wouldn't have officially been part of his role. 

Edited by Marisawright
  • Like 1

Scot by birth, emigrated 1985 | Aussie husband applied UK spouse visa Jan 2015, granted March 2015, moved to UK May 2015 | Returned to Oz June 2016

"The stranger who comes home does not make himself at home but makes home itself strange." -- Rainer Maria Rilke

Cancer is so many different things and different types of disease so I am not sure how anyone can claim a cure. There are many, many different causes just as there are many, many different manifestations,

I'll show him that and I'll further question him...... Thanks for your research but I'll certainly get back and tell you more of the truth....

The government couldn't have closed it, because it's a private college run by a private company.   
The government could have withdrawn recognition for their courses (which happens sometimes if they're not meeting requirements, it happened recently to a college in Box Hill), but I don't think that's what happened.  Here's the notice - they went bust:
https://www.teqsa.gov.au/latest-news/articles/administrators-appointed-parapharm-pty-ltd-trading-paramount-higher-education
On another note, in a university, part of a lecturer's job is to do research.  In a private college like Paramount, that's not the case.  Lecturers are employed to teach.   He may well have been using the college's facilities to do his research but it wouldn't have officially been part of his role. 

2 hours ago, starlight7 said:

Cancer is so many different things and different types of disease so I am not sure how anyone can claim a cure. There are many, many different causes just as there are many, many different manifestations,

well im only quoting what he has told me , he has the cure and someone knows that …...

11 hours ago, Bulya said:

I used to hitch in SA, back in the 70’s wearing my military uniform.  No problems, but it seemed like a different world back then...  

I remember hitch hiking my way through the Yorkshire Dales when I’d finished work as a young one just to get to the nightclubs, then hitch my way back. All dark lonely roads, never bothered me back then. It’s strange some areas you can visit and just feel at ease and others you feel out of place. 

• Like 3

If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.

10 hours ago, Parley said:

Have you heard of Ivan Milat ?

Yes but how many Ivan Milats are there compared to hitch hikers

If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.

I believe there is a cure, I also believe that the drug manufacturers don’t want it being known. The same thing happened in Far North Queensland with the Blushwood Tree, it was someone like @tonyman friend who realised it was working on certain types of cancer when all of a sudden the media flew in with the scientists, government and pharmaceutical companies and the area in the rainforest where it grew was off limits. Then all of a sudden the pharmaceutical company becomes the main stakeholder in a research program and it is now called EBC 46. The Blushwood was sold in all nurseries until then but all of a sudden that stopped. I remember it well, we lived up there at the time and no one knew what was going on until someone from the site leaked it out to the media

• Like 3

7 hours ago, The Pom Queen said:

I believe there is a cure, I also believe that the drug manufacturers don’t want it being known. The same thing happened in Far North Queensland with the Blushwood Tree, ..... Then all of a sudden the pharmaceutical company becomes the main stakeholder in a research program and it is now called EBC 46. The Blushwood was sold in all nurseries until then but all of a sudden that stopped. I remember it well, we lived up there at the time and no one knew what was going on until someone from the site leaked it out to the media

That wasn't the drug companies wanting to shut it down, that was the drug companies wanting to control it, so they can make money from it.  If tonyman's friend was being strong-armed by a drug company who wanted to steal his research I'd believe it.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Marisawright said:

That wasn't the drug companies wanting to shut it down, that was the drug companies wanting to control it, so they can make money from it.  If tonyman's friend was being strong-armed by a drug company who wanted to steal his research I'd believe it.

They want to shut down any third party having control of it, even down to the public growing it in their garden.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, The Pom Queen said:

They want to shut down any third party having control of it, even down to the public growing it in their garden.

Yes, that's what I said.

20 hours ago, Marisawright said:

I'm not saying you're lying. You believe him, so you're telling the truth as far as you know it.   Even from what you've said, though, there's something about HIS story that doesn't add up so it rings alarm bells to me.  

I do remember there was a doctor in Perth doing radiowave therapy for cancer that was pooh-poohed by everybody but apparently got good results, but I'm not sure he's even alive any more. 

Found it  https://www.rife.de/radio-wave-cancer-therapy.html

My wife works in Oncology, she's been there years. Had to treat a good friend who tried all sorts of shonky treatments that were going to cure her. May even have gone to see the radio wave guy. They cost the family a fortune, she also had a liver transplant. After all the treatment and some people telling her she was cured she died about the time the oncologists predicted.

• Like 2

As for the hitchiking I don't think it's ever been safe for either the hiker or the driver in some cases. Don't think it's any less safe now than it was in the 60's when I used to do it a lot. Always better if you could do it with a nice looking girl and girls never had to wait long. I've waited a long time before getting lifts. 

Never had any problems though. I picked a few up when I had a job where I had to travel a lot. Sometimes nice to have company on a long drive. Obviously picking girl hitchikers up was a lot safer.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Paul1Perth said:

My wife works in Oncology, she's been there years. Had to treat a good friend who tried all sorts of shonky treatments that were going to cure her.

I have an open mind about alternative treatments.   After all, some major discoveries were rubbished by mainstream medicine for years before they were accepted (the combined antibiotic treatment for ulcers springs to mind).    If someone has a life-threatening illness and wants to try alternative therapies, good luck to them, provided they don't abandon their conventional treatment, or bankrupt the family chasing things that are obviously dodgy.   I had a friend whose husband spent most of their money going to South America for "spiritual operations" (the ones where they pretend to do surgery and then hey presto, the guy has blood all over his hands).   After the second time, she refused to go with him. Of course, he died exactly when the oncologists said he would, and she and her daughter had to sell the house to pay the debts.

I can believe Tonyman's friend has discovered something, what I can't believe is that losing access to the college premises would prevent him continuing his work. Colleges like Paramount do not sponsor research, and it's not like a college that teaches massage and homeopathy is likely to have advanced laboratory space.

Edited by Marisawright
  • Like 1

He doesn't work at any collage ,he was a student (60 odd yr old), he cannot legally advertise his products, advertise himself or approach anyone with his products, he needs to be a qualified naturopath to do this, though if someone approaches him and asked for help he will... The people that have approached him have had lengthy discussions and have been sent the appropriate treatment..... I myself have used two of his products for various reasons and very pleased with the results.

I have an open mind about alternative treatments.   After all, some major discoveries were rubbished by mainstream medicine for years before they were accepted (the combined antibiotic treatment for ulcers springs to mind).    If someone has a life-threatening illness and wants to try alternative therapies, good luck to them, provided they don't abandon their conventional treatment, or bankrupt the family chasing things that are obviously dodgy.   I had a friend whose husband spent most of their money going to South America for "spiritual operations" (the ones where they pretend to do surgery and then hey presto, the guy has blood all over his hands).   After the second time, she refused to go with him. Of course, he died exactly when the oncologists said he would, and she and her daughter had to sell the house to pay the debts.
I can believe Tonyman's friend has discovered something, what I can't believe is that losing access to the college premises would prevent him continuing his work. Colleges like Paramount do not sponsor research, and it's not like a college that teaches massage and homeopathy is likely to have advanced laboratory space.

23 hours ago, Tulip1 said:

I live in Perth and I have not heard a whisper about any university being shut down.  

......Just trying to be helpful so don't shoot me down if my personal views do not coincide with yours! :animal-dog:

Just now, Rossmoyne said:

I live in Perth and I have not heard a whisper about any university being shut down.  

Calling it a university was over egging the pudding slightly.

It was one of these fly by night colleges that survives on government funding.

• Like 2

I want it all, and I want it now.

Exactly and it was the government that forced it to close.......

Calling it a university was over egging the pudding slightly.
It was one of these fly by night colleges that survives on government funding.

They won't broadcast it if it's the governments doings, the don't want the publicity.....