190 Visa - Victoria

Denson

8 hours ago, Denson said:

Hi Guys,

I have a current EOI for Visa 190 for Victoria. My points as of November last year, is already at 80. Is my chance of being invited still really low? I started my EOI at 75 points but didn't an invite after a year.

Have to be more specific.. what is the job code, what’s your points for etc

You are applying for sponsorship for a role that is pro-rata. Now the pro-rata only applies to the 189 (and the old 489 so maybe also the newer 491) but at present pro-rata 189's are only going through for this job code at 95+ points.

It feels unlikely that you would get sponsorship without being closer to that level as they know there is a ready supply of better point-qualified persons waiting anyway.

What is your IELTS/PTE score - it's much more likely to get a sponsored place if you have superior English on your application.

The simple fact is that Australia has plenty of Software Engineers, as its a "modern" career they can always take more but they need to balance the risk that a downturn heavily supresses the Software Engineering market

1 hour ago, Denson said:

Hi Ausvisitor,

I have a superior score in PTE, 80+. My agent told I'm at 80pts for visa 190. This still isn't enough? I've been waiting for an invite for over a year.

I got my 190 in December with 70 points. 

Your issue is that there is a huge pot of software engineers that they can call upon 

On 20/01/2020 at 11:01, Ausvisitor said:

You are applying for sponsorship for a role that is pro-rata. Now the pro-rata only applies to the 189 (and the old 489 so maybe also the newer 491) but at present pro-rata 189's are only going through for this job code at 95+ points.

It feels unlikely that you would get sponsorship without being closer to that level as they know there is a ready supply of better point-qualified persons waiting anyway.

What is your IELTS/PTE score - it's much more likely to get a sponsored place if you have superior English on your application.

The simple fact is that Australia has plenty of Software Engineers, as its a "modern" career they can always take more but they need to balance the risk that a downturn heavily supresses the Software Engineering market

Can i ask where you get this data from?...

So I can check points for calls for 491 for social worker at present?

Thanks.

12 hours ago, mariaandmike said:

Can i ask where you get this data from?...

So I can check points for calls for 491 for social worker at present?

Thanks.

You can't check what points total people are being offered sponsored visas at, the states don't publish it.

You can check what points total a pro-rata occupation needed to be invited for a 189 as this is published every month.

• Like 1

On 20/01/2020 at 05:24, Denson said:

Hi Guys,

I have a current EOI for Visa 190 for Victoria. My points as of November last year, is already at 80. Is my chance of being invited still really low? I started my EOI at 75 points but didn't an invite after a year.

I applied for VIC 190 (Job code-254415 & offshore) in July, 2019 with 70+5 points and now I have 85+5 ss points with D.O.E as 05/01/2020. I received a pre-invite from VIC on 16/01/2020 and now I'm waiting for a final invite which I'm not sure if I will be receiving or not since VIC rejects a lot of pre-invite nominations and not all turn into final invitations.

I would suggest that you increase your points because seeing the current trend 80 pointers do not have much chance this FY.

4 minutes ago, Pooja Negi said:

I applied for VIC 190 (Job code-254415 & offshore) in July, 2019 with 70+5 points and now I have 85+5 ss points with D.O.E as 05/01/2020. I received a pre-invite from VIC on 16/01/2020 and now I'm waiting for a final invite which I'm not sure if I will be receiving or not since VIC rejects a lot of pre-invite nominations and not all turn into final invitations.

I would suggest that you increase your points because seeing the current trend 80 pointers do not have much chance this FY.

Points are a strange one for state sponsorship. Of course they are important but the key threshold is that you need to get to 60 points (190) or 55 points (491) in order to satisfy the entry requirements to the list. (The other 5 or 10 points you need to satisfy the entry to the visa application come from a successful sponsorship).

After this the points then become both relevant and irrelevant... Which is hard to get your head around...

For instance @Pooja Negi says above they have 85 points, this may well be enough to get an invite in their career, but in other job codes the competition may be less fierce, or the states perceived need to get those types of jobs filled more urgent and so for maybe a "taxi driver" (not a career on the list I know but using it as an example) just 60 points would be enough.

Unlike the 189 the states can set their own sub-criteria; so two people with 80 points for the same ANZSCO code but where one has got those through superior english and a little experience and the other has competent english and many years offshore expereince, the current trend seems to be that superior english wins out. 

The states also don't need to invite highest points first either, so in the superior english versus experience example above, if the states valued English above experience, they can invite someone with 60 points (including superior english) ahead of someone with 80 points but just competent english

Sponsorship works differently to the main 189 competition, and it isn't a highest points first out of the queue process; it is therefore difficult to predict

4 minutes ago, Ausvisitor said:

Points are a strange one for state sponsorship. Of course they are important but the key threshold is that you need to get to 60 points (190) or 55 points (491) in order to satisfy the entry requirements to the list. (The other 5 or 10 points you need to satisfy the entry to the visa application come from a successful sponsorship).

After this the points then become both relevant and irrelevant... Which is hard to get your head around...

For instance @Pooja Negi says above they have 85 points, this may well be enough to get an invite in their career, but in other job codes the competition may be less fierce, or the states perceived need to get those types of jobs filled more urgent and so for maybe a "taxi driver" (not a career on the list I know but using it as an example) just 60 points would be enough.

Unlike the 189 the states can set their own sub-criteria; so two people with 80 points for the same ANZSCO code but where one has got those through superior english and a little experience and the other has competent english and many years offshore expereince, the current trend seems to be that superior english wins out. 

The states also don't need to invite highest points first either, so in the superior english versus experience example above, if the states valued English above experience, they can invite someone with 60 points (including superior english) ahead of someone with 80 points but just competent english

Sponsorship works differently to the main 189 competition, and it isn't a highest points first out of the queue process; it is therefore difficult to predict

Yeah, I truly agree with you on this. The only reason I said to increase points was seeing the job code of @Denson 

Cheers!

Edited by Pooja Negi

I’ll just ask my agent what else we can do. I already have a superior english score. So, I’m not sure what’s next. Thanks for all the replies guys. I just hope I get positive news soon. 

By the way, how invites are there before the “actual” invite to lodge the PR?

3 hours ago, Denson said:

I’ll just ask my agent what else we can do. I already have a superior english score. So, I’m not sure what’s next. Thanks for all the replies guys. I just hope I get positive news soon. 

I'm assuming your last comment refers to a 190 visa.

You submit your EOI for 190 through SkillSelect. The relevant state may then send you an 'invite' to ask you to substantiate your 190 EOI through an additional process.

If they are satisfied with your application for state sponsorship, they will advise immigration, who will then send you the real deal invite to lodge your visa application.

• Thanks 1

On 27/01/2020 at 20:37, Denson said:

I imagine you could still do NAATI which would add another 5 points to your score but it's a pretty expensive course. 

• 1 year later...
On 26/01/2020 at 09:23, Dean0703 said:

What’s the story for Teachers in Victoria. I’m the main applicant, secondary, ICT qualified teacher. Mrs is Primary. 

Hi @Dean0703, I know it’s been a while since you posted. Where are you at with your journey? I’m interested to learn about the language requirement for the 190 from Victoria. Thank you.