Accountant 221111 visa 189

SimK

Hi I have masters in accounting and sitting at 90 points (no hopes). After my 485 visa expired I did another MBA course, now that is about to expire in 3 months so I have to act fast. I got advise from someone to do a 1 year graduate diploma in early learning and try my luck in that. Do you think it is worth changing the field altogether considering so many student visas are getting rejected. What are the chances?

You will continue to struggle if your Australian study has the sole purpose of chasing an Australian Visa outcome.

After so long in Australia, changing field and studying at a lower academic level, will increase the chance of failing the genuine student criteria.

Be careful of people simply trying to sell you yet another course of study in Australia,

Thanks Raul for your suggestion. I have recently started working in an accounting firm so I am able to claim 5 points for that but that will be after 1 year. What is the best possible option? Should I stay at this job, try get student visa and continue working or shall I move interstate regional?

14 hours ago, SimK said:

Hi I have masters in accounting and sitting at 90 points (no hopes). After my 485 visa expired I did another MBA course, now that is about to expire in 3 months so I have to act fast. I got advise from someone to do a 1 year graduate diploma in early learning and try my luck in that. Do you think it is worth changing the field altogether considering so many student visas are getting rejected. What are the chances?

Nil.  If your goal is to live in Australia permanently, then I'd advise you to stop wasting time with temporary visas, and apply for a 491 somewhere, if you can find a state which still accepts accountants.  

Every year, Australia makes it harder for people to get a permanent visa.  So every year you waste on a temporary visa makes it more likely you will eventually have to leave.

Edited by Marisawright

1 hour ago, SimK said:

Thanks Raul for your suggestion. I have recently started working in an accounting firm so I am able to claim 5 points for that but that will be after 1 year. What is the best possible option? Should I stay at this job, try get student visa and continue working or shall I move interstate regional?

I would require much more information to be able to offer you any opinion or suggestion.