Partner visa processing areas ?

Guest Jona

Hi I will be doing an offshore partner visa I and my wife will be going to turkey to stay for the waiting period .  When u lodge a partner visa in a country does that mean that’s where it will be processed ? 

1 hour ago, wrussell said:

No...............

@wrussell does it get processed from the applicants citizenship is ? I’m from Iraq but I’m currently in Australia with my wife and we need to go offshore to apply t we will not be going to Iraq we will be going to turkey to wait for the waiting period . I will have a migration agent lodge it for me from inside Australia and they will lodge it as soon as I’m in turkey . Does this mean it will be getting processed in Iraq 

27 minutes ago, paulhand said:

If you have a registered migration agent working for you, they should be able to answer this question. 

They told me it will be processed in turkey but I’m hearing different off other people . 

21 hours ago, Jona said:

They told me it will be processed in turkey but I’m hearing different off other people . 

Why would an Australian visa be processed in Turkey? Or anywhere other than Australia for that. 
Check your migration agent is Mara registered, it sounds like they may be a bit dodgy if they think your application will be processed in Turkey. 
Paul, above is a reputable registered migration agent. I’d be inclined to perhaps shop around before committing yourself to the ‘agent’ and the strategy you already have. 
Many people have been stung by so called ‘migration agents’ who promise the earth for a lot of money when in fact they know very little of the complexities of migration law and can’t be heard from again once your application is refused. 
Just be wary, there are a lot of scam artists out there. Making sure they are Mara registered is a way of knowing they are legitimate and offer you some protection too as the consumer. 

Also, just wondering what reason you have been given to go offshore to apply for your visa? What visas are you on now? Presumably one of you is a PR holder already, and unless your wife’s current visa has a ‘no further stay’ condition I don’t see why you need to go offshore, but then I’m no migration agent. 

Edited by Wonderingaloud
Extra question
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Wonderingaloud said:

Why would an Australian visa be processed in Turkey? Or anywhere other than Australia for that

Actually, many visas (and offshore citizenship applitions) are processed by overseas DHA posts. Often there is a correlation with the applicant, sometimes not so much.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Wonderingaloud said:

Why would an Australian visa be processed in Turkey? Or anywhere other than Australia for that. 
Check your migration agent is Mara registered, it sounds like they may be a bit dodgy if they think your application will be processed in Turkey. 
Paul, above is a reputable registered migration agent. I’d be inclined to perhaps shop around before committing yourself to the ‘agent’ and the strategy you already have. 
Many people have been stung by so called ‘migration agents’ who promise the earth for a lot of money when in fact they know very little of the complexities of migration law and can’t be heard from again once your application is refused. 
Just be wary, there are a lot of scam artists out there. Making sure they are Mara registered is a way of knowing they are legitimate and offer you some protection too as the consumer. 

Also, just wondering what reason you have been given to go offshore to apply for your visa? What visas are you on now? Presumably one of you is a PR holder already, and unless your wife’s current visa has a ‘no further stay’ condition I don’t see why you need to go offshore, but then I’m no migration agent. 

Thank you , I will have to find out if he’s registered somehow . My wife is an Australian citizen she’s also aboriginal . I have to go offshore because I’m on a bridging visa E and I can’t apply for any other visa so unfortunately I have to go offshore , my wife will come with me as we don’t want to be apart .