register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

simmo

White Privilege?

1 hour ago, BacktoDemocracy said:

No it doesn't  does it and that is why it doesn't happen.

But that doesn't make for a such a good conspiracy theory that can be fed to the gullible.

Are you actually serious? you say positive discrimination does not happen in the police and fire service recruitment.

• Like 1

Drinking rum before 11am does not make you an alcoholic, it makes you pirate..

2 hours ago, Perthbum said:

100% try getting in the fire service or police if you are a white male

I can't believe that is happening in the UK.  It doesn't seem to be happening here though I'm pretty sure someone will be along to contradict me.  I know that two of the ambulance paramedics where I live are white and from the UK.  My neighbour's granddaughter has just got engaged to a local cop.  He's also white and from the UK.  Maybe they couldn't get a job in England because they are white so migrated to Australia.  I'll have to ask them.  🤔  By the way   ...............  that's tongue in cheek.

Happens in every force in the country 

Yes it does. But according to people like Backtodemocracy, who lives under a rock, this never happens so it must be "fake news".

• Like 1

Perhaps it's to make up for all the racial discrimination that happened in the past.  There must be a happy medium there somewhere though.  Bending the rules just to be politically correct is ridiculous.  

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Toots said:

Perhaps it's to make up for all the racial discrimination that happened in the past.  There must be a happy medium there somewhere though.  Bending the rules just to be politically correct is ridiculous.  

Some (mainly from the left) believe two wrongs make a right, which is extremely sad (and hypocritical) and also demonstrates that we haven't moved past discrimination in the slightest.

Edited by Canada2Australia

18 hours ago, LouDYorkie said:

Yes, I remember years ago Avon and Somerset Police (I think) being called out in the news for auto-rejecting any applications by white males. Not sure where it ended up.... I agree there need to be much more variety in the force but I’m not sure I would find much satisfaction in getting the job as the best women, over being the best person for the job.

Hey now, don't let common sense cloud your judgement. Some of the lefties around here will get upset!

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Canada2Australia said:

Some (mainly from the left) believe two wrongs make a right, which is extremely sad (and hypocritical) and also demonstrates that we haven't moved past discrimination in the slightest.

When you can be bothered to cite some sources I'll take notice of your conspiracy theories

15 hours ago, Perthbum said:

Cite  some sources for that generalisation and then it might have some validity.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BacktoDemocracy said:

It took me 30 seconds to disprove you conspiracy theory

https://www.personneltoday.com/hr/police-positive-discrimination-boost-diversity/

https://www.personneltoday.com/hr/avon-and-somerset-police-chief-admits-to-recruitment-blunder/

Edited by The Pom Queen
Personal abuse removed as per forum rules

16 hours ago, Perthbum said:

I bet they wouldn't dare advertise for white only candidates to reflect a majority white area. (And rightly so btw) 

Please can I remind members to debate the subject without getting personal 

• Like 5

If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.

1 hour ago, Canada2Australia said:

In 2006 and was reversed once the chief Constable had it pointed  out to him that positive discrimination was not legal, he did it to increase representation of people of colour in a force with a very low % of people of colour.

One instance 14 years ago is not an indication of a generalised policy in the past 20 years which is what you want to portray.

4 hours ago, Tulip1 said:

It’s disgusting, so wrong 

Wait a minute, BacktoDemocracy says this NEVER happens, EVER!!! I thought their word was gospel?!?!?

Edited by Canada2Australia
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Canada2Australia said:

Wait a minute, BacktoDemocracy says this NEVER happens, EVER!!! I thought their word was gospel?!?!?

no one takes notice of his posts, you do? 🤣 you will learn my son.

Drinking rum before 11am does not make you an alcoholic, it makes you pirate..

10 hours ago, The Pom Queen said:

Please can I remind members to debate the subject without getting personal 

Chance would be a fine thing.  Just look at PB above and a couple of others.  Always got to stick the boot in.  Like they are any better.  😑

• Like 3