and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

simmo

White Privilege?

4 minutes ago, renebascossarabi said:
7 minutes ago, Slean Wolfhead said:
I assume you're emigrating to Australia yourself, as you're here?

Nope I dont need to immigrate because I'm already rich in the Philippines but I do intend to invest in Australia.

Think you are on the wrong forum for investing in Australian commodities 

Drinking rum before 11am does not make you an alcoholic, it makes you pirate..

5 hours ago, BacktoDemocracy said:

Is that why you are so angry???

I doubt whether any recruiter would dare tell you you didn't get a job because you were not a minority, they would have to be terminally stupid if they did.

Unless of course it was a published requirement of employment that you have a specific attribute of a minority.

In Canada, minorities are given preference for federal jobs. Literally anyone besides white males. Same thing with many provinces. All to encourage diversity- even if the applicants are not the most qualified.

Edited by Canada2Australia
  • Haha 1

Lol I'm just here for the giggles and smalltalk because this is a large and active community. Ive been to other Australian forums and it's slow as hell with barely anyone posting. So I thought I should romp around here because of an active user base.

In Canada, minorities are given preference for federal jobs. Literally anyone besides white males. Same thing with many provinces. All to encourage diversity- even if the applicants are the most qualified.
There's an issue already in US and Canadian University circles that "diversity quotas" are actually racist to Asians. Since some Universities, in order to increase their racial diversity, intentionally increase the difficulty of Asians when trying to enter and decrease it for Latinos and Africans.

Is it not fair then?

9 minutes ago, renebascossarabi said:

There's an issue already in US and Canadian University circles that "diversity quotas" are actually racist to Asians. Since some Universities, in order to increase their racial diversity, intentionally increase the difficulty of Asians when trying to enter and decrease it for Latinos and Africans.

Is it not fair then?

That is definately not the case in Canada. The amount of foreign Asians in universities increases exponentially each year. Canadian citizens are having a very difficult time competing for entry into our own universities because they have now become more concerned about maintaining large profits from foreigners tuitions as opposed to education itself.

That is definately not the case in Canada. The amount of foreign Asians in universities increases exponentially each year. Canadian citizens are having a very difficult time competing for entry into our own universities because they have now become more concerned about maintaining large profits from foreigners tuitions as opposed to education itself.

Thats sad.

1 minute ago, renebascossarabi said:

Thats sad.

All western countries have followed the American model, of reducing public education grant funding and making Universities go private.  The only way they can raise money is to introduce tuition fees and branch out into real estate and commerce, tieing that into student accomodation and campus rebuilding.

One of the only countries that has done the opposite is Germany.  They now offer free education for overseas University students and every course is taught in English.  They are the ones trying to entice the brain power, rather than just the money, because they know that potential is not just linked to how much money your parents have, and they want people to settle in Germany following graduation.

• Like 3

"Nationalism is an infantile disease, it is the measles of mankind." Albert Einstein

•  

46 minutes ago, Canada2Australia said:

In Canada, minorities are given preference for federal jobs. Literally anyone besides white males. Same thing with many provinces. All to encourage diversity- even if the applicants are not the most qualified.

Have to agree with this within public sector jobs, it’s called positive discrimination and it’s wrong 

32 minutes ago, Perthbum said:

Have to agree with this within public sector jobs, it’s called positive discrimination and it’s wrong 

Can you cite a reference for that statement in the Uk.

6 hours ago, BacktoDemocracy said:

Tell me why white people are leaving Africa in droves.

Might it be something to do with the indigenous black population being a bit over seeing a specific race of people believing they have an innate privilege just because they are white.

It might be because these white settlers appropriated land and  mineral rights  by force and used the people as slaves and even sold the populace as chattels and now those indigenous people want their countries  back, by force if neccessary

Treating people as inferiors has a nasty habit of coming full circle as we are seeing with the women's movements in our own societies.

So in your world, two wrongs indeed make a right.

Good to know 😐

1 hour ago, Perthbum said:

Does that happen in the UK?

I don't know about the fire service.

But do you think it's important that a police force and social services reflect and represent the community they are trying to serve?

For example, can you not think of an example situation where it might be important to have a person of colour, or a woman in the police force?

And thus when you recruit for positions on a police force, you are not accepting the best person for every role, but you are trying to build a team with variable qualities?

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, newjez said:

I don't know about the fire service.

But do you think it's important that a police force and social services reflect and represent the community they are trying to serve?

For example, can you not think of an example situation where it might be important to have a person of colour, or a woman in the police force?

And thus when you recruit for positions on a police force, you are not accepting the best person for every role, but you are trying to build a team with variable qualities?

If the jobs are essential services, then no, you hire the most qualified, regardless of race or sex. If you are hiring simply because they are a token minoritiy being used to fill some sort of quota, but they lack the skills required to do the job, you do not hire them. Full stop.

This is where those in the lefty loonytoon PC/SJW cult need to pull their collective heads out of their one-dimentinal sandbox universe and realise they are putting peoples livelyhood, and in some cases lives, at risk; actions have consequences.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Canada2Australia said:

If the jobs are essential services, then no, you hire the most qualified, regardless of race or sex. If you are hiring simply because they are a token minoritiy being used to fill some 

I don't think you understood his post.  I don't know what it's like in Canada, but in the UK and the US they have for the last 30 years tried to hire police and community workers that match the demographic of the areas they are working in.   That isn't a "token minority", it's the "majority", and would make them the most qualified for the role.

Previously, nobody would speak to a white policeman because they were not trusted as an institution, and the police consequently didn't have much idea what was really happening on the streets and some of these inner city places were becoming lawless.

• Like 3

"Nationalism is an infantile disease, it is the measles of mankind." Albert Einstein

•  

10 minutes ago, Slean Wolfhead said:

I don't think you understood his post.  I don't know what it's like in Canada, but in the UK and the US they have for the last 30 years tried to hire police and community workers that match the demographic of the areas they are working in.   That isn't a "token minority", it's the "majority", and would make them the most qualified for the role.

Previously, nobody would speak to a white policeman because they were not trusted as an institution, and the police consequently didn't have much idea what was really happening on the streets and some of these inner city places were becoming lawless.

That was definitely happening in Sydney too and probably other cities.

"Developing effective relationships with culturally, linguistically and religiously diverse communities is a vital component of building respect and trust within communities for police, thereby improving confidence and reporting of crime. Such relationships need to be established over time through regular contact and engagement with communities where the protection and promotion of human rights serves as the basis for understanding diverse experiences and needs"

Also being able to speak the same language was a huge plus and gained greater public support, particularly with intelligence gathering and investigations  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Slean Wolfhead said:

No I understood. That is an extreme situation which I wasn't specifically referring to. I was talking about general job prospects.

Yes, I remember years ago Avon and Somerset Police (I think) being called out in the news for auto-rejecting any applications by white males. Not sure where it ended up.... I agree there need to be much more variety in the force but I’m not sure I would find much satisfaction in getting the job as the best women, over being the best person for the job.

7 hours ago, Canada2Australia said:

If the jobs are essential services, then no, you hire the most qualified, regardless of race or sex. If you are hiring simply because they are a token minoritiy being used to fill some sort of quota, but they lack the skills required to do the job, you do not hire them. Full stop.

This is where those in the lefty loonytoon PC/SJW cult need to pull their collective heads out of their one-dimentinal sandbox universe and realise they are putting peoples livelyhood, and in some cases lives, at risk; actions have consequences.

And thodse attitudes are exactly why investigation after investigation into public services have identified "institutionalised racism" as a major factor in the failure of those services to respond to the needs of a multi racial society.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Toots said:

Does that happen in the UK?

100% try getting in the fire service or police if you are a white male

• Sad 1

51 minutes ago, BacktoDemocracy said:

And thodse attitudes are exactly why investigation after investigation into public services have identified "institutionalised racism" as a major factor in the failure of those services to respond to the needs of a multi racial society.

Haha okay bud. Let just appoint random people to life-saving positions when they don't qualify in the slightest, simply because they are minorities, just to appease the egos of the PC/SJW ideologists. That will work out real well.

*face palm*

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Canada2Australia said:

Haha okay bud. Let just appoint random people to life-saving positions when they don't qualify in the slightest, simply because they are minorities, just to appease the egos of the PC/SJW ideologists. That will work out real well.

*face palm*

Surely the powers that be aren't so stupid as to employ minorities with no qualifications just to be politically correct.  That just doesn't make sense.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Toots said:

Surely the powers that be aren't so stupid as to employ minorities with no qualifications just to be politically correct.  That just doesn't make sense.

Yes.

The Canadian Government, especially under self-imposed feminist Justine Trudelle.

Sadly.

• Haha 1

100% try getting in the fire service or police if you are a white male

Can you cite a reference for that bizarre statement

18 minutes ago, Toots said:

No it doesn't  does it and that is why it doesn't happen.

But that doesn't make for a such a good conspiracy theory that can be fed to the gullible.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, BacktoDemocracy said:

No it doesn't  does it and that is why it doesn't happen.

But that doesn't make for a such a good conspiracy theory that can be fed to the gullible.

They need people who can go under cover and infiltrate the criminal gangs from Africa, Asia and Eastern Europe.

I want it all, and I want it now.