register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

simmo

White Privilege?

46 minutes ago, renebascossarabi said:

Oh ok then. Us Filipinos have a love-hate relationship with Brunei. In Precolonial times the Filipino kingdom of Sulu and Saludong became independent of Majapahit and then sacked and obliderated Brunei (Then a Majapahit province), also the Visayan ethnic group from the Kadatuan of Madjaas were originally Buddhists from Brunei who refused to bow down to Chola invasion from India and Majapahit invasion from Java both Hindu nations. When Brunei broke away from Majapahit and became an independent Sultanate they invaded Luzon island and established the city state ot Manila as a Bruneian colony in the Philippines to supplant the Kingdom of Tondo and then the Bruneians also incorporated Sulu through royal marriage. When Spaniards from Mexico came to the Philippines, one Mexican, Conquistador Juan de Salcedo intended to marry the Hindu Princess of Tondo Gandarapa as he set free Tondo from Brunei and incorporated it to Spain which was also fresh from fighting off Muslims from the Emirate of Granada in the Reconquista and they then waged a war of vengeance (The Spanish-Mexican-Filipino forces) against Brunei and once again sacked and raped Bruneians in the Castilian War.

Bruneians enslaved Filipinos then and now but there were times when we burned Brunei to the ground in several instances too. So its just tit for tat. All is fair.

Nevertheless Bruneians and Filipinos have repaird our relationships recently though.

Do you know that the Sultan's Palace the Istana Nurul Imam is designed by a Filipino?

Whatever you say, I’m not getting into any further discussion on this. I was merely sympathising, I don’t need a history lesson. 

Whatever you say, I’m not getting into any further discussion on this. I was merely sympathising, I don’t need a history lesson. 

Oh ok. Thanks you for your sympathy.

59 minutes ago, Perthbum said:

ohhhh toots 

You are living in the pastPB .  There are also Aboriginal doctors, nurses and lawyers.  Here is what one Aboriginal surgeon said when interviewed.

Speaking loud and proud, he makes one thing about himself clear, “First and foremost, I’m a proud family man, secondly I’m a doctor and thirdly I’m a surgeon. Every single role in that, I’m Indigenous.”

“That’s something I really hone in on when speaking to kids because you be what you want to be - your culture doesn’t define you but your culture does define who and how you act.”

His sisters were the first Aboriginal medical graduates through Sydney University which inspired him to pursue a medical career at UNSW, where he became one of Australia’s first Indigenous surgeons.  He's not the only Aboriginal professional person.  The education is there if they want it and have the ambition to get on.

• Like 3

On 15/01/2020 at 20:03, newjez said:

Rainbows and unicorns in Ali land.

Ahhhhhhhh....

Perhaps this is all fodder for SJWs such as yourself and Backtodemocracy to get yourselves all worked up in a tizzy to declare "racism" because you think all white people are priviledged, which is most certainly not the case.

That tired old card you keep playing must be getting worn out by now.

Edited by Canada2Australia
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Canada2Australia said:

Perhaps this is all fodder for SJWs such as yourself and Backtodemocracy to get yourselves all worked up in a tizzy to declare "racism" because you think all white people are priviledged, which is most certainly not the case.

That tired old card you keep playing must be getting worn out by now.

White people are privileged overall in this world compared to blacks and I dont think anyone would argue that. SA for the vast majority of blacks is still a struggle as apartheid still exists, whites overall get picked for  jobs before blacks in most cases. Whites still have all the wealth in SA

Drinking rum before 11am does not make you an alcoholic, it makes you pirate..

19 minutes ago, Perthbum said:

White people are privileged overall in this world compared to blacks and I dont think anyone would argue that. SA for the vast majority of blacks is still a struggle as apartheid still exists, whites overall get picked for  jobs before blacks in most cases. Whites still have all the wealth in SA

No one is denying this. But whites are also leaving in droves because the "priviledge" is diminishing, and it is becoming increasingly dangerous to be a white in SA and other former colonial African nations. 

But hey, lets blatantly ignore the fact that white farmers being killed because they are "privileged" anyhow.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Canada2Australia said:

No one is denying this. But whites are also leaving in droves because the "priviledge" is diminishing, and it is becoming increasingly dangerous to be a white in SA and other former colonial African nations. 

But hey, lets blatantly ignore the fact that white farmers being killed because they are "privileged" anyhow.

Apartheid and the whites having all the power and wealth and privileges led to the killings in the first place.Compared to Blacks being killed by whites the number of whites killed by Blacks is minuscule. Both were and are still wrong.

30 minutes ago, Perthbum said:

Apartheid and the whites having all the power and wealth and privileges led to the killings in the first place.Compared to Blacks being killed by whites the number of whites killed by Blacks is minuscule. Both were and are still wrong.

So if we read between these lines, its more acceptable for whites to be killed because they are "priviledged" and this will essentially balance the scales of past injustices.

Yeah.....no.

BTW, I'm white and have never been "priviledged" or favoured for anything in my life. I've even been turned down for federal jobs because I wasn't a minority. And yes, that was what I was told after the fact.

Whatever I have in life, I've earned completely on my own.

6 hours ago, Canada2Australia said:

Tell me why white people are leaving Africa in droves.

Might it be something to do with the indigenous black population being a bit over seeing a specific race of people believing they have an innate privilege just because they are white.

It might be because these white settlers appropriated land and  mineral rights  by force and used the people as slaves and even sold the populace as chattels and now those indigenous people want their countries  back, by force if neccessary

Treating people as inferiors has a nasty habit of coming full circle as we are seeing with the women's movements in our own societies.

4 hours ago, Canada2Australia said:

BTW, I'm white and have never been "priviledged" or favoured for anything in my life. I've even been turned down for federal jobs because I wasn't a minority. And yes, that was what I was told after the fact.

Is that why you are so angry???

I doubt whether any recruiter would dare tell you you didn't get a job because you were not a minority, they would have to be terminally stupid if they did.

Unless of course it was a published requirement of employment that you have a specific attribute of a minority.

Edited by BacktoDemocracy
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Canada2Australia said:

So if we read between these lines, its more acceptable for whites to be killed because they are "priviledged" and this will essentially balance the scales of past injustices.

Yeah.....no.

What about the outrage at blacks killed by police officers for in SA for  decades by white..."nah dont matter because they are black" but a white being killed and its a complete outrage. You have a lot to learn about the oppression of blacks over the decades, I agree whites are discriminated against when it comes to the fire service and police in the UK but in the private sector they are overlooked.  

• Sad 1

What about the outrage at blacks killed by police officers for in SA for  decades by white..."nah dont matter because they are black" but a white being killed and its a complete outrage. You have a lot to learn about the oppression of blacks over the decades, I agree whites are discriminated against when it comes to the fire service and police in the UK but in the private sector they are overlooked.  
Killing of whites cannot be justfiable just because blacks were killed too. Any killing, unless in self defence or is just an accident or is unintentional cannot be justified. Just because blacks were killed that doesnt mean whites should be kiled too.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I am speaking as a non-white who have had millions of my countrymen killed in the Spanish occupation and the Philippine-American War.

Now, do we Filipinos plot to kill the Spanish or Americans for murdering Millions of us in their conquests? Nope.

• Like 2

This privilege may not be white but I think its' more Australian and American or immigrant country related or that some countries are just damn lucky.

I think the percentage of the population with College degrees in Australia and America are artificially bolstered by selective immigration actively choosing only those with degrees.

edu_Coll_cht1a-2013.png&key=9ad531d33f0e9897075f65cae4c85e6a6a11ee7edfcea5c9e10abb344406cd40

Whereas in the Philippines case we have a higher percentage of College graduates than Singapore or Malaysia (Immigrant countries too who also get the high percentage of degree holders via selective processing). Yet, they get all the wealth when we were the ones who literally have to pay for the education of their immigrants. Yet the spoiled immigrant nations steal the labor we worked hard to educate.

1496393981707_PhilippinesRMIP201716_479948.jpg&key=8f8d3c4d30fd4ea393578a1c367c135dee7197040a332da1be13dc984acbdbe3

23 minutes ago, renebascossarabi said:
2 hours ago, Perthbum said:

Killing of whites cannot be justfiable just because blacks were killed too. Any killing, unless in self defence or is just an accident or is unintentional cannot be justified. Just because blacks were killed that doesnt mean whites should be kiled too.

Who said whites should be killed, don’t twist my words, read the thread and come back 

• Haha 1

Who said whites should be killed, don’t twist my words, read the thread and come back 

You said the opression of blacks is good reason for the counter opression of whites. In which case, I say thats wrong. We've been opressed by Whites but we dont thirst for vengeance.

And by opression I mean our people were exterminated now merely enslaved. Africans in South Africa were only enslaved (Most Blacks in South Africa immigrated there when the Dutch first built settlements on a previously barren area) whereas there was widespread massacres and destruction of native Filipinos in the Philippine-American war.

The people Nelsom Mandela led are chanting kill the farmer! Kill the Boer.

When they were only enslaved.

Whereas the 1 Million Filipinos exterminated by White Americans dont thirst for vengeance.

Killing your opressor will not solve anything.

13 minutes ago, renebascossarabi said:

You said the opression of blacks is good reason for the counter opression of whites.

In which case, I say thats wrong. Weve been opressee by Whites but we dont thirst for vengeance.

Please link to where I said that or apologise 

Just now, renebascossarabi said:
2 minutes ago, Perthbum said:
Please link to where I said that or apologise 

You did not say it directly but you implied it.

Please link to where I implied it

47 minutes ago, renebascossarabi said:

Yet the spoiled immigrant nations steal the labor we worked hard to educate.

I assume you're emigrating to Australia yourself, as you're here?

"Nationalism is an infantile disease, it is the measles of mankind." Albert Einstein

•  

Nope I dont need to immigrate because I'm already rich in the Philippines but I do intend to invest in Australia.

2 minutes ago, renebascossarabi said:
4 minutes ago, Slean Wolfhead said:

Nope I dont need to immigrate because I'm already rich in the Philippines but I do intend to invest in Australia.

So you know that all countries needing to provide a ROI need to buy cheap and improve their value, so you can take a profit.  

"Nationalism is an infantile disease, it is the measles of mankind." Albert Einstein

•