Jump to content

You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

simmo

White Privilege?

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, Tulip1 said:

There has been experiments that prove otherwise. In the UK a study was done where the identical impressive CV was sent out to employers with jobs advertised.  I can’t remember the names used but one was something like Peter Smith and the other was a definite non British sounding name. Peter did better by a mile in securing an interview.  

I'm not discounting it might happen, just not all the time which is what I believe PB is suggesting in his usual generalised statement.  Perhaps he was referring only to the UK as I have a different experience here in Aus.

  • Like 1

I just want PIO to be a happy place where people are nice to each other and unicorns poop rainbows

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

 

Really - and someone who recruits I can tell you that is not the case.  In fact, some of the jobs that we advertise if an Aboriginal applicant is suitable they are to be chosen over any other candidate.  My last successful candidate was someone from Africa. So, yes, I disagree that a white person will always get a job above someone deemed none white.

 

#BBC intensifies

 

But in all honesty here in Asia when Koreans or Japanese get to choose between a well read multi-lingual College educated Filipino English Teacher and some Blonde Russian with a thick accent to teach them Engrish. They often pick the Ruskie.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, ali said:

Really - and someone who recruits I can tell you that is not the case.  In fact, some of the jobs that we advertise if an Aboriginal applicant is suitable they are to be chosen over any other candidate.  My last successful candidate was someone from Africa. So, yes, I disagree that a white person will always get a job above someone deemed none white.

Whats not the case? that black people are never discriminated against when seeking jobs? You really believe that outside of your recruitment agency.


Drinking rum before 11am does not make you an alcoholic, it makes you pirate..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, renebascossarabi said:

 

 

 

 

 

#BBC intensifies

 

But in all honesty here in Asia when Koreans or Japanese get to choose between a well read multi-lingual College educated Filipino English Teacher and some Blonde Russian with a thick accent to teach them Engrish. They often pick the Ruskie.

 

cant blame them to be honest


Drinking rum before 11am does not make you an alcoholic, it makes you pirate..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A lot of virtue signalling by companies these days.

As Ali knows they want to show they have diverse workforces with lots of women in senior roles too.

If you are a woman, aboriginal, transexual, openly gay you will be quickly shortlisted for interview.

If you are a middle aged white guy - good luck. You might end up on Newstart allowance.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

I want it all, and I want it now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 16/01/2020 at 08:02, Parley said:

A lot of virtue signalling by companies these days.

As Ali knows they want to show they have diverse workforces with lots of women in senior roles too.

If you are a woman, aboriginal, transexual, openly gay you will be quickly shortlisted for interview.

If you are a middle aged white guy - good luck. You might end up on Newstart allowance.

you make my day mate 😂 while i agree it happens in the public sector in the private sector blacks are at a big disadvantage


Drinking rum before 11am does not make you an alcoholic, it makes you pirate..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Perthbum said:

Whats not the case? that black people are never discriminated against when seeking jobs? You really believe that outside of your recruitment agency.

No, I disagree with your assertion that it will happen every time.

  • Like 2

I just want PIO to be a happy place where people are nice to each other and unicorns poop rainbows

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ali said:

No, I disagree with your assertion that it will happen every time.

who said it will happen every-time?


Drinking rum before 11am does not make you an alcoholic, it makes you pirate..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ali said:

I'm not discounting it might happen, just not all the time which is what I believe PB is suggesting in his usual generalised statement.  Perhaps he was referring only to the UK as I have a different experience here in Aus.

Not might ali, it does happen and thats a fact


Drinking rum before 11am does not make you an alcoholic, it makes you pirate..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, MARYROSE02 said:

So, sixty years of governments passing laws to prevent racial discrimination have been a complete waste of time. It makes you wonder why anybody from a non-white background would even want to migrate to such a country?

They haven't been a waste of time - Australia is a LOT better than many other countries.

I used to have a black American working for me as an engineer.  He had moved to Australia because he married an Australian woman, but he loved living in Australia.    It wasn't the career opportunities that pleased him, it was the different attitude compared to Chicago, where he came from.

Our department would regularly go out after work together, and he was overjoyed that we could all have a meal together and no one was glaring at him for daring to sit at a table with all white people.  He loved being able to walk down the street with his (white) wife and not have people hissing insults or staring.   He loved being able to drive home from a function late at night and not get pulled over by the cops just because he was a black guy in an expensive car (he knew that's why he was pulled over, because in Chicago he worked the late shift and the same cops pulled him over time night after night, to frisk him - even though they had seen his licence and ownership papers time and time again)

  • Like 2

Scot by birth, emigrated 1985 | Aussie husband applied UK spouse visa Jan 2015, granted March 2015, moved to UK May 2015 | Returned to Oz June 2016

"The stranger who comes home does not make himself at home but makes home itself strange." -- Rainer Maria Rilke

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Marisawright said:

They haven't been a waste of time - Australia is a LOT better than many other countries.

I used to have a black American working for me as an engineer.  He had moved to Australia because he married an Australian woman, but he loved living in Australia.    It wasn't the career opportunities that pleased him, it was the different attitude compared to Chicago, where he came from.

Our department would regularly go out after work together, and he was overjoyed that we could all have a meal together and no one was glaring at him for daring to sit at a table with all white people.  He loved being able to walk down the street with his (white) wife and not have people hissing insults or staring.   He loved being able to drive home from a function late at night and not get pulled over by the cops just because he was a black guy in an expensive car (he knew that's why he was pulled over, because in Chicago he worked the late shift and the same cops pulled him over time night after night, to frisk him - even though they had seen his licence and ownership papers time and time again)

TRUST ME, People in the USA do not hiss on the streets when they see a black man with a white women in Chicago

Edited by Perthbum

Drinking rum before 11am does not make you an alcoholic, it makes you pirate..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Perthbum said:

TRUST ME, People in the USA do not hiss on the streets when they see a black man with a white women.

How long did you live there?


Scot by birth, emigrated 1985 | Aussie husband applied UK spouse visa Jan 2015, granted March 2015, moved to UK May 2015 | Returned to Oz June 2016

"The stranger who comes home does not make himself at home but makes home itself strange." -- Rainer Maria Rilke

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Marisawright said:

How long did you live there?

Are you honestly for real? people in the USA hiss at a black man with a white women walking down the street. I agrre with police pulling the black guy over all the time thats a fact, but crowds hissing....nahhh

Edited by Perthbum

Drinking rum before 11am does not make you an alcoholic, it makes you pirate..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The other side of it here is you have to be Chinese to get a job in most of the shops, restaurants etc in many areas here. Mainly because the owners of the shopping centres are Chinese. Look at Glen Waverley, Box Hill, and most of the other large shopping malls. My hairdresser only employs Vietnamese people. She is quite open about it because she says they work better. Fair enough.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, starlight7 said:

The other side of it here is you have to be Chinese to get a job in most of the shops, restaurants etc in many areas here. Mainly because the owners of the shopping centres are Chinese. Look at Glen Waverley, Box Hill, and most of the other large shopping malls. My hairdresser only employs Vietnamese people. She is quite open about it because she says they work better. Fair enough.

No it is not fair enough.

It is racist and illegal discrimination.


I want it all, and I want it now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Perthbum said:

Are you honestly for real? people in the USA hiss at a black man with a white women walking down the street.

I am only reporting what a black man from Chicago told me. Call him a liar if you like.


Scot by birth, emigrated 1985 | Aussie husband applied UK spouse visa Jan 2015, granted March 2015, moved to UK May 2015 | Returned to Oz June 2016

"The stranger who comes home does not make himself at home but makes home itself strange." -- Rainer Maria Rilke

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Marisawright said:

They haven't been a waste of time - Australia is a LOT better than many other countries.

I used to have a black American working for me as an engineer.  He had moved to Australia because he married an Australian woman, but he loved living in Australia.    It wasn't the career opportunities that pleased him, it was the different attitude compared to Chicago, where he came from.

Our department would regularly go out after work together, and he was overjoyed that we could all have a meal together and no one was glaring at him for daring to sit at a table with all white people.  He loved being able to walk down the street with his (white) wife and not have people hissing insults or staring.   He loved being able to drive home from a function late at night and not get pulled over by the cops just because he was a black guy in an expensive car (he knew that's why he was pulled over, because in Chicago he worked the late shift and the same cops pulled him over time night after night, to frisk him - even though they had seen his licence and ownership papers time and time again)

I worked for a company in Sydney with a fairly large workforce  ................. loads of admin staff, lecturers, project managers,  etc and they were a hugely diverse group.  Most certainly not all white by any means.  The best person got the job.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Marisawright said:

I am only reporting what a black man from Chicago told me. Call him a liar if you like.

hes a liar


Drinking rum before 11am does not make you an alcoholic, it makes you pirate..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
No it is not fair enough.
It is racist and illegal discrimination.
Why stop the emigres from exclusively filing out the melial jerbs? I say go for it! That way the huwaites can go and pursue the useful carreers like "heiress" and "instagram influencer" with their gender studies degree.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well of course the backlash is that all our non-huwaite bums will come and pollute your huwaite nations with economic immigrants of the lower rungs. (Usually those who migrate abroad are either poor or have less oppurtunity at home wheb it comes to developing countries).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can you have racism when it is white people being discriminated against though? I thought it only went one way. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, starlight7 said:

Can you have racism when it is white people being discriminated against though? I thought it only went one way. 

Yes. Everyone is racist, it's a basic human trait.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, simmo said:

Yes. Everyone is racist, it's a basic human trait.

I tend to agree and it's not only the white race that's racist.  

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×