Jump to content

Advice needed

Recommended Posts

Hi all, hoping some of you can help. I am a registered nurse in the UK with 3 years experience wanting to move to Perth. I have 3 children that will be moving with me. My parents live in Perth and are willing to financially support me and the children when we get there until we have settled and found our feet. I am wondering what visa would be best? I have no savings or property here. If I were to apply for state sponsorship do I still have to have a certain amount in the bank if my parents are going to support me financially. We would be living with them initially until such time as I have saved enough money to buy my own house. Also what are the chances of finding employee sponsorship? Sorry for all the questions, just trying to figure out the best way to go. I have a positive skills assessment from ANMAC already. Obviously the 189 would be the best one but only have 65 points so unlikely to be invited. TIA

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

You are correct on the 189 as the most recent invitation round bottomed out at 95 points.

WA are nominating for some categories of nursing specialisations, but not all of them and will only nominate nurses for "regional WA" and have a requirement that applicants: "must provide evidence of a job offer/contract of employment in a location defined by the Commonwealth as Category 3 - Regional Centres and Other Regional Areas (not Perth and Mandurah). These include the following areas by postcodes: 6041 to 6044, 6084, 6207, 6213, 6215 to 6537, and 6560 to 6770."

You can start your research here: https://migration.wa.gov.au/services/skilled-migration-western-australia/occupation lists but it may make sense to have a chat with a Registered Migration Agent to understand your options.

  • Like 1


Paul Hand

Registered Migration Agent, MARN 1801974

SunCoast Migration Ltd

All comments are general in nature and do not constitute legal or migration advice. Comments may not be applicable or appropriate to your specific situation. Any comments relate to legislation and policy at date of post. 

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a mention, is the children’s father going with you should you get a visa? If not you need their permission to take the children. 

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

I suggest you take Paul's advice and consult an agent.  Paul offers a free initial consultation and most reputable agents do too.  That will give you a solid base to start from.

You may have to accept that the best you can do is live in another state for several years, with a view to ultimately relocating to WA.   

I'm wondering how it came about that your parents live in Australia but you don't have a visa already?

Scot by birth, emigrated 1985 | Aussie husband applied UK spouse visa Jan 2015, granted March 2015, moved to UK May 2015 | Returned to Oz June 2016

"The stranger who comes home does not make himself at home but makes home itself strange." -- Rainer Maria Rilke

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now