Government Sites

Martynd

What’s your situation?

Basically, I’ve received an invite to apply for SA 190 as a plumber and got until the 11th feb to lodge an application. I’m using an agent who is very thorough and has hit a brick wall lodging as when she is inputting the info regarding the spouse points for UK passport ( after November changes) it isn’t giving her an option under the skilled section (claiming points for spouse) I have very little time and just trying to find out if people are hitting the same issue and how they have got around it. No one seems to want to comment 🤦🏻‍♂️

2 minutes ago, Martynd said:

Basically, I’ve received an invite to apply for SA 190 as a plumber and got until the 11th feb to lodge an application. I’m using an agent who is very thorough and has hit a brick wall lodging as when she is inputting the info regarding the spouse points for UK passport ( after November changes) it isn’t giving her an option under the skilled section (claiming points for spouse) I have very little time and just trying to find out if people are hitting the same issue and how they have got around it. No one seems to want to comment 🤦🏻‍♂️

Had same issue. Called immigration and they sorted it for me. 

• Like 1

On the page provided (by @paulhand) it says the phone lines are available between 1pm - 4pm ... right now (at midnight in the UK) it is 10:30 am - so you have 2 and a half hours to wait. 

One of the reasons I used an agent is that if any obscenely early phone calls where necessary it was them staying up through the night to do it and not me...

Edited by Ausvisitor

11 hours ago, Martynd said:

You are paying your agent good money.  She is not allowed to throw up her hands and say, "I can't do it!".     It's her responsibility to seek help and get it resolved, either by contacting Immigration or by consulting a fellow professional agent.  Ring her again and ask her what she plans to do about it and when.  It's her job!  

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Marisawright said:

You are paying your agent good money.  She is not allowed to throw up her hands and say, "I can't do it!".     It's her responsibility to seek help and get it resolved, either by contacting Immigration or by consulting a fellow professional agent.  Ring her again and ask her what she plans to do about it and when.  It's her job!  

Couldn't agree more with this!!!

11 minutes ago, Marisawright said:

Agreed! I got rid of my agent. She told me I was too old to apply for the 491/190 visa. 

I'm 31!!!! 

5 hours ago, Marisawright said:

A previous post by Martynd says that the agent is dealing with it. I think he may just be wanting to find out if anyone else has had the same issue. 

• Like 1

A previous post by Martynd says that the agent is dealing with it. I think he may just be wanting to find out if anyone else has had the same issue. 

I would like to clarify that yes, my agent is dealing with it and has told me to wait before instructing her to lodge the application. The problem is, I’m sat here a month later with all sorts of thoughts running through my head and my EOI runs out in feb, I want to clarify the answer and provide her with it. She is probably doing all she can but I’m getting desperate.

Spoke to the dha last night and they didn’t know either. Phoned immigration SA and no luck. As previously stated it’s between 1-4pm aus time. Looks like I will be setting an alarm tonight.

Thanks for the response everyone.
  • Like 1