locked_in

Hello, I am from Bangalore, India. I recenty completed my undergraduation in Life Sciences and want to pursue my Masters in Australia. I have shortlisted a few universities, UniMel, UniQueens, Monash, UniAde. I have looked into various blogs and articles about life in Australia but haven't found a relevant one as of yet. Can anyone let me know about the life of an Indian Masters student? How it is like, the cost of living? I was thinking about taking an education loan but then again, to know about the cost of life and quality of life in Australia beforehand would be of great help. Thank you.

It isn't cheap to study here and I see you have picked out some really good unis. Melbourne is probably more expensive than Adelaide ( Monash, U of Melbourne) We have a fairly large Indian community round Melbourne but is a bit spread out unlike the Chinese and some other communities who tend to live close to each other. Cost of living depends where you live.  The CBD is expensive but suburbs a lot cheaper- the further away from the centre the better but then you are up for train fares etc.Monash has a fair bit of student accomodation on campus and there are some areas round there which are not too bad price wise