Job offer

pipmcrae

Hi

I am currently applying for South Australia on a 491. If I receive a job offer from a company, say, in Sydney before I receive my invitation, what happens? How does being sponsored work? Is it a quick process? Any info will be greatly appreciate as there are many jobs on offer in NSW.

Thanks

27 minutes ago, pipmcrae said:

Hi

I am currently applying for South Australia on a 491. If I receive a job offer from a company, say, in Sydney before I receive my invitation, what happens? How does being sponsored work? Is it a quick process? Any info will be greatly appreciate as there are many jobs on offer in NSW.

Thanks

I don’t quite understand... 

Why would you get a job offer from Sydney when you’re applying for a 491 in SA? 

If you get a offer from NSW you’d need to apply for a NSW visa (or a 482) but you can’t work in Sydney on a 491 

I don’t quite understand... 
Why would you get a job offer from Sydney when you’re applying for a 491 in SA? 

If you get a offer from NSW you’d need to apply for a NSW visa (or a 482) but you can’t work in Sydney on a 491 
Hi lambert

What I mean is how does the process work if I get a company to sponsor me. Can I take family? How long does it take? Does my occupation have to be on the occupation list on the state where the offer has come from? Does it lead to PR. I'm just looking at all avenues if I don't receive an invite from SA.

26 minutes ago, pipmcrae said:

Hi lambert

What I mean is how does the process work if I get a company to sponsor me. Can I take family? How long does it take? Does my occupation have to be on the occupation list on the state where the offer has come from? Does it lead to PR. I'm just looking at all avenues if I don't receive an invite from SA.

Yeah you can take your family on a sponsored (482 visa). These visa’s are hard to get (companies don’t usually sponsor people) and it theoretically can lead to PR but it’s not guaranteed and a massive risk (you’d usually go home after the visa expires). 

Yes the job needs to be on the skilled list. 

6 hours ago, Lambert said:

Yeah you can take your family on a sponsored (482 visa). These visa’s are hard to get (companies don’t usually sponsor people) and it theoretically can lead to PR but it’s not guaranteed and a massive risk (you’d usually go home after the visa expires). 

Yes the job needs to be on the skilled list. 

And don't forget that if you have kids you will have to pay for their school education