Jump to content

You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

simmo

The UK and Climate Change

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, BacktoDemocracy said:

As usual quoting selectively

If you go to source material you get a different interpretation, note the last para

Quote

Improved tropical variability in climate and weather in these models also turns out to be important for accurate simulation of how the Asian monsoon develops.

Whilst we still need to understand why these super-parameterised models do better, it is thought that it might be due to the improved representation of clouds and convection doing a better job of moistening and heating the tropical atmosphere so that the deep, towering storm systems are more likely to form.

Unfortunately, though, these models still have some limitations in representing low-altitude cloud processes, and research and development is ongoing.

 

https://www.carbonbrief.org/guest-post-why-clouds-hold-key-better-climate-models

Yes I read that but you need to re read it as I can’t see any mention of vaccines think you are getting mixed up with another thread . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Tulip1 said:

So why is it the children that are getting measles are the ones who haven’t had the MMR?  Of course it’s not a total failure. 

Of yes, sorry I was rushing and didn’t read it properly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/01/2020 at 16:11, Rallyman said:

Money, big money to be made 

Yes, there is a global conspiracy against the poor oil companies led by the multi-billionnaire, Greta Thunburg.

  • Like 2

Timeline: 309/100 Sent 7/8/13, Money Taken 9/8/13, CO appointed 3/9/13. Med 3/12/13. Police check 4/12/13. VISA GRANTED 8/4/14, Subclass100. Recce August 2014. Arrived 30 July 2015.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good news, and credit where it’s due.

Petrol and diesel car sales ban brought forward to 2035 https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-51366123

This is sending out the right signals firstly to the car industry and secondly to the buying public.  With this proposal who in their right mind would buy a brand new petrol or diesel car in the UK from 2030.  Sure, used ones will be around for a while but sourcing the fuel to run them will mean range anxiety becomes an issue for their owners.

  • Like 1

Timeline: 309/100 Sent 7/8/13, Money Taken 9/8/13, CO appointed 3/9/13. Med 3/12/13. Police check 4/12/13. VISA GRANTED 8/4/14, Subclass100. Recce August 2014. Arrived 30 July 2015.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Gbye grey sky said:

Yes, there is a global conspiracy against the poor oil companies led by the multi-billionnaire, Greta Thunburg.

What are you on about , what conspiracy when did she become a billionaire 

your ramblings get more bizarre every time 

very strange , very strange indeed. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, BacktoDemocracy said:

Sacked minister gets all bitter nothing new there. 

all these climate meetings around the world Over last couple of months with the participants flying everywhere , Chile, NY. , Glasgow to name 3 and were told we have cut carbon emissions but the climate mob can fly every , all a tiny bit hypocritical imho. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rallyman said:

What are you on about , what conspiracy when did she become a billionaire 

your ramblings get more bizarre every time 

very strange , very strange indeed. 

You and other deniers constantly state that environmentalists are all in it to make billions of dolllars  so I was highlighting the absurdity of your comment with sarcasm.  To help you I will employ italics when I am being sarcastic

The poor oil companies have struggled for decades to make money from drilling for oil and Greta Thunburg stands to rake in billions from campaigning against polluting the planet.

 

  • Like 1

Timeline: 309/100 Sent 7/8/13, Money Taken 9/8/13, CO appointed 3/9/13. Med 3/12/13. Police check 4/12/13. VISA GRANTED 8/4/14, Subclass100. Recce August 2014. Arrived 30 July 2015.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rallyman said:

Sacked minister gets all bitter nothing new there. 

all these climate meetings around the world Over last couple of months with the participants flying everywhere , Chile, NY. , Glasgow to name 3 and were told we have cut carbon emissions but the climate mob can fly every , all a tiny bit hypocritical imho. 

Global political mobilisation on this issue is urgent.  If these meetings bring about real progress then the flights will be irrelevant.

Sadly I don’t think virtual conferencing would have the same impact though I think that it should be tried for the next one. 

  • Like 1

Timeline: 309/100 Sent 7/8/13, Money Taken 9/8/13, CO appointed 3/9/13. Med 3/12/13. Police check 4/12/13. VISA GRANTED 8/4/14, Subclass100. Recce August 2014. Arrived 30 July 2015.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Gbye grey sky said:

Good news, and credit where it’s due.

Petrol and diesel car sales ban brought forward to 2035 https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-51366123

This is sending out the right signals firstly to the car industry and secondly to the buying public.  With this proposal who in their right mind would buy a brand new petrol or diesel car in the UK from 2030.  Sure, used ones will be around for a while but sourcing the fuel to run them will mean range anxiety becomes an issue for their owners.

2035😂. It's so easy to make promises for other people and maybe an opposition goverment 35 years into the future. 

It's a no brainer that petrol and diesel cars will be phased out eventually and as electric vehicles get cheaper and other technologies take over it will happen everywhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
If every little bit helps, why don't all the people who believe in climate change turn off their heating (if it's coal or oil powered?), stop using their cars, mobile phones and anything else powered by coal/oil? Why wait for the government to pass laws telling them to do it?

 

 

 

Because its not a case of every little bit helps - in terms of individual action alone. It needs political clout and buy in across the globe - to change behaviours and infrastructure. That’s a problem politicians don’t have an appetite to tackle because it is divisive and could loose elections (as we’ve seen with labour).

 

If the status quo continues, there will come a time where political inertia will have to galvanise into dictatorship- we will all not be given a choice- democracy will die, as we know it as China like we will be told what to do and have to heed, to just exist, as our planet becomes more and more extreme and frequent its weather patterns (hot and cold). It may not be our generation, it may not even be your children’s, but most certainly your grandchildren’s

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
If this is true, NaturalNews.com comes across as a branch of the flat earth societies.  



Which seems to be exactly the point about ‘NaturalNews’. It’s flat earth propaganda
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Good news, and credit where it’s due.

Petrol and diesel car sales ban brought forward to 2035 https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-51366123

This is sending out the right signals firstly to the car industry and secondly to the buying public.  With this proposal who in their right mind would buy a brand new petrol or diesel car in the UK from 2030.  Sure, used ones will be around for a while but sourcing the fuel to run them will mean range anxiety becomes an issue for their owners.

 

 

Finally some proper, brave leadership. And here i was going on about the politicians not having an appetite for tackling climate change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2035. It's so easy to make promises for other people and maybe an opposition goverment 35 years into the future. 
It's a no brainer that petrol and diesel cars will be phased out eventually and as electric vehicles get cheaper and other technologies take over it will happen everywhere.



The point is an incentive needs to be provided to make it happen. And it has. If it’s a no brained, you should be glad of the incentive. Rather than ridiculing it. Can’t be that much of a ‘no brainier’ then, can it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Paul1Perth said:

2035😂. It's so easy to make promises for other people and maybe an opposition goverment 35 years into the future. 

It's a no brainer that petrol and diesel cars will be phased out eventually and as electric vehicles get cheaper and other technologies take over it will happen everywhere.

Not wanting to do the dementia tests on you Paul, but that's only fifteen years in the future.

We're not stuck in the year 2000.

This is becoming real.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The way these cars are manufactured uses a lot of power , what are they doing about that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ssiri said:

 

 


The point is an incentive needs to be provided to make it happen. And it has. If it’s a no brained, you should be glad of the incentive. Rather than ridiculing it. Can’t be that much of a ‘no brainier’ then, can it?

 

 

Did they mention an incentive?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, newjez said:

Not wanting to do the dementia tests on you Paul, but that's only fifteen years in the future.

We're not stuck in the year 2000.

This is becoming real.

Do the dementia test 15 years down the track newjez and I may be suffering from it, if i'm still around. 15 years is a long time.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Gbye grey sky said:

You and other deniers constantly state that environmentalists are all in it to make billions of dolllars  so I was highlighting the absurdity of your comment with sarcasm.  To help you I will employ italics when I am being sarcastic

The poor oil companies have struggled for decades to make money from drilling for oil and Greta Thunburg stands to rake in billions from campaigning against polluting the planet.

 

Who’s a denier? I have said many times as you well know that yes the climate is changing as it has done for billions of years , where we differ is in the amount man is causing this. You are getting more hysterical by the week with your posts , 

You are prepared to trash the whole of the countries economy to reduce our contribution of 1.3% I prefer to take a more measured approach 

As I said it would be good to start protecting the environment first than think solar and electric cars will 

your sarcasm is very childish by the way 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Did they mention an incentive?



I am not using that word in the context you are. Think hard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Do the dementia test 15 years down the track newjez and I may be suffering from it, if i'm still around. 15 years is a long time.



For those inclined to dementia, certainly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Paul1Perth said:

2035😂. It's so easy to make promises for other people and maybe an opposition goverment 35 years into the future. 

It's a no brainer that petrol and diesel cars will be phased out eventually and as electric vehicles get cheaper and other technologies take over it will happen everywhere.

Maybe so....but some future PM would have to roll back that commitment and give reasons for doing so.  I cannot see the UK electing a PM as dumb as Trump, can you?

You do know that 2035 is 15 years from now, not 35, don’t you?

  • Like 2

Timeline: 309/100 Sent 7/8/13, Money Taken 9/8/13, CO appointed 3/9/13. Med 3/12/13. Police check 4/12/13. VISA GRANTED 8/4/14, Subclass100. Recce August 2014. Arrived 30 July 2015.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Rallyman said:

Who’s a denier? I have said many times as you well know that yes the climate is changing as it has done for billions of years , where we differ is in the amount man is causing this. You are getting more hysterical by the week with your posts , 

You are prepared to trash the whole of the countries economy to reduce our contribution of 1.3% I prefer to take a more measured approach 

As I said it would be good to start protecting the environment first than think solar and electric cars will 

your sarcasm is very childish by the way 😉

You are a denier.  You deny anthropogenic climate change.  If you believe it may not be caused by our activities then you are opposed to the scientific consensus, hence a denier.

It will be increasingly apparent to deniers like yourself who want to delay taking the appropriate action that the consequences of climate change will trash the economy regardless.  The financial costs of these bushfires alone will damage the economy in the medium term.

That “childish” sarcasm actually has to be explained to you.  So it may be childish but it goes right over your head, mate.

  • Like 2

Timeline: 309/100 Sent 7/8/13, Money Taken 9/8/13, CO appointed 3/9/13. Med 3/12/13. Police check 4/12/13. VISA GRANTED 8/4/14, Subclass100. Recce August 2014. Arrived 30 July 2015.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Jocks bumping up their footprints.

Dry, hot summers could become the norm in Scotland, researchers warn

Scotland could begin to see 30 degree summers on a regular basis as the effects of climate change continue to take hold, according to a new report.

Researchers from the Met Office, alongside Edinburgh and Oxford universities, warned that unless greenhouse gas emissions are substantially reduced, the dry, hot temperatures experienced in 2018 could become the norm.

The report recommends Scotland should start planning to deal with more frequent higher temperatures brought about as a result of climate change.

Data from the Met Office put 2018 as the joint hottest summer on record, with economic impacts coming alongside an increase in pests such as wasps, jellyfish and mosquitoes, as well as lower yields of peas, broccoli, potatoes and cauliflower due to water shortages.

The report highlighted a 30 per cent increase in water demand, putting pressure on utility companies.

Lead researcher Professor Simon Tett, of the University of Edinburgh's School of GeoSciences, said: "Despite its cool climate, Scotland must start to prepare now for the impact of high-temperature extremes.

"The bottom line is that heatwaves have become more likely because of human-induced climate change."

Tags

Drinking rum before 11am does not make you an alcoholic, it makes you pirate..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wouldn’t that be a good thing for Scotland ? Think of all the extra tourists if the weather was better. Same applies to many other northern places. Why all the negatives when there are also positives?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×