You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Jona

12 month rule ??? Waved ???

If your married does that wave the 12 month rule ? Do you have to provide conversation history of when you were dating before marriage? Or is that waved ??? Thank you 

Hi @Jona

I am a Registered Migration Agent with Fair Go Visa Consultants. 

If you are applying without being married or having your relationship registered (for a 820 or 309 Visa) you will need to provide 12 months of de facto evidence at the time that you apply (so you cannot lodge and then get 12 months of evidence from that point, it needs to be before). 

If you are married, it will waive this requirement. However, you will still need to show that you are in a genuine and continuing relationship. You cannot just apply with a marriage certificate. You will still need evidence that goes back sufficiently far to demonstrate your relationship and address all four of the relationship aspects - financial, social, nature of the household and nature of commitment. 

I hope this helps. 

info@fairgovisa.com.au

https://fairgovisa.com.au/

1 hour ago, Marcus De Witt Ryall said:

Hi @Jona

I am a Registered Migration Agent with Fair Go Visa Consultants. 

If you are applying without being married or having your relationship registered (for a 820 or 309 Visa) you will need to provide 12 months of de facto evidence at the time that you apply (so you cannot lodge and then get 12 months of evidence from that point, it needs to be before). 

If you are married, it will waive this requirement. However, you will still need to show that you are in a genuine and continuing relationship. You cannot just apply with a marriage certificate. You will still need evidence that goes back sufficiently far to demonstrate your relationship and address all four of the relationship aspects - financial, social, nature of the household and nature of commitment. 

I hope this helps. 

info@fairgovisa.com.au

https://fairgovisa.com.au/

Please refer to our business rules and create a signature with your registration number.  Thank you

I just want PIO to be a happy place where people are nice to each other and unicorns poop rainbows