Police Certificates for Citizenship Application

path2aus

Hello All,

We would be eligible to apply for citizenship in couple of months and I have a question regarding the PCC's required. I got my PR in 2012 but did not move to Australia completely till 2017. So I would need to give PCC's for USA where I lived before I moved here. 

My question is I have FBI clearance certificate provided in 2016 December, right before I moved to Australia in January of 2017. Will that work? Or do I need to provide a new one? I have never visited USA after November of 2016 when the PCC was obtained. 

Anyone with experience please let us know.

Thanks

6 hours ago, path2aus said:

Hello All,

We would be eligible to apply for citizenship in couple of months and I have a question regarding the PCC's required. I got my PR in 2012 but did not move to Australia completely till 2017. So I would need to give PCC's for USA where I lived before I moved here. 

My question is I have FBI clearance certificate provided in 2016 December, right before I moved to Australia in January of 2017. Will that work? Or do I need to provide a new one? I have never visited USA after November of 2016 when the PCC was obtained. 

Anyone with experience please let us know.

Thanks

Sorry, misread before my original reply.

Strictly speaking, yes you would (i think!). Although the police cert does cover your time until you left, it's still over 6 months old.

Is is a big expense to get another one? To be safe and cover all bases, i would if it wasn't too much hassle.

Edited by millski88
Misread your situation