register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

vics1987

Visa application

Hi Everyone

I am new to this site and am looking for some help/advise. 

Is there a timescale where you can re-apply for a visitor visa after being refused.(I have heard 5 years?) A friend of mine was refused a visitor visa due to some silly mistakes he made around 4 and a half years ago. 

Can he re-apply when the 5 years have passed?

Would love to hear from anyone who has any information on this or been in a similar situation. 

Thanks in advance 🙂 

Not sure where you heard 5 years?
The answer would depend on what the “silly mistakes” were. Per your other post, you should get some professional advice on a way forward. 

Paul Hand

Registered Migration Agent, MARN 1801974

SunCoast Migration Ltd

All comments are general in nature and do not constitute legal or migration advice. Comments may not be applicable or appropriate to your specific situation. 

There is policy regarding a wait before re-applying for a visa, but this refers to a temporary visa once you departed Australia with unlawful status. It does not appear to apply in this case.

But your main issue may be the future (or current) Partner visa processing. The character issue may affect that and so you need to get a profession opinion on the character issue.

You may also have grounds to appeal the visitor visa (depending on what type of Partner visa you can lodge). It may be better to resolve character issues at the AAT with respect to the visitor visa, then use that decision to support the character issues on his Partner application.

You can email me the subclass 600 decision and we can then comment.

Regards

Edited by David Stephens
update

David Stephens

LLB LLM,  Registered Migration Agent 9795466

Australasian Immigration Services Pty Ltd