Mid-Late Twenties in Australia from UK?

PerthMover

Hi,

I am looking to gain some advice and information from someone in their mid to late twenties who has moved to Australia from the UK permanently. Ideally Perth/WA.

I am highly considering moving to Australia, as I have a lot of family out there, I’m just trying to find the best way of doing it. It’s not immediate family annoyingly, Aunties, Uncles, Cousins mostly. I have a qualification from the Skilled List but not any experience in the career itself.

I’m looking to see which way is the best way to do it? I’ve considered going out there and doing the paperwork and visas once I’m there, or doing it from the UK. It’ll be with my partner and two kids (plus one on the way).

Ideally would like to chat with somebody already out there to see how they did it, the bad bits as well as the good bits, and somebody to ask questions as and when as I’m going through the process.

i hope this is in the right place, and I’m allowed to post something like this.

Thanks in advance!

Hi and welcome to the forum.  It may be worth you having a chat to a registered migration agent (most will offer a free consult) to discuss your eligibility for a visa.  The visa process is a competitive one rather than you wait in line until you reach the top of the pile and the higher number of points you have the more likely you'll bet picked.  You don't say what your occupation is - it's likely though that it will require a skills assessment which would include some experience, the successful skills assessment would then make you eligible to apply for your visa.

It would be helpful if you could post your occupation (your partners occupation) as people may be able to offer advise on the skills/experience requirement.  It is, as you can imagine a costly process with the cost of the skills assessment, the visa and then medicals for you, your partner and your children.

4 hours ago, PerthMover said:

I am highly considering moving to Australia, as I have a lot of family out there.... I’ve considered going out there and doing the paperwork and visas once I’m there..... It’ll be with my partner and two kids (plus one on the way).

All working visas, even temporary ones, require you to have the skills AND experience specified on the Skilled Lists. So there is no way you can go to Australia and get the paperwork and visas once you're there.   

Well, I guess you could go on a tourist visa, but then you wouldn't be able to work at all for the year or more it takes for the visa to be considered - and then you might not get picked (as Ali says, it's a competition not a queue). Moving your whole family to Oz and back would likely wipe out all your savings, too.  

With a family to consider, your only sensible option is to stay in the UK, get the experience you need, apply for the visa from the UK, then move your family once you're sure you have a permanent visa.

Edited by Marisawright

On 29/12/2019 at 10:41, PerthMover said:

Hi,

I am looking to gain some advice and information from someone in their mid to late twenties who has moved to Australia from the UK permanently. Ideally Perth/WA.

I am highly considering moving to Australia, as I have a lot of family out there, I’m just trying to find the best way of doing it. It’s not immediate family annoyingly, Aunties, Uncles, Cousins mostly. I have a qualification from the Skilled List but not any experience in the career itself.

I’m looking to see which way is the best way to do it? I’ve considered going out there and doing the paperwork and visas once I’m there, or doing it from the UK. It’ll be with my partner and two kids (plus one on the way).

Ideally would like to chat with somebody already out there to see how they did it, the bad bits as well as the good bits, and somebody to ask questions as and when as I’m going through the process.

i hope this is in the right place, and I’m allowed to post something like this.

Thanks in advance!

Will you qualify for a visa?