Jump to content
GB537

London meet up for SA movers

Recommended Posts

Hi guys! I wasn’t quite sure where to post this...

I was wondering if anybody here is due to move to SA in the new year?

Im heading out on a 489 visa, first for a 3 week holiday in March, then moving properly in mid April. Looking to settle in Seaford, south of Adelaide. 

I was wondering if anybody else due to move over there would like to meet up in the UK before going? Maybe get to know people in advance so it doesn’t feel quite so lonely once we get there? My sister did something similar before she emigrated and is still good friends with a bunch of other expats 15 years later!

Anyway, let me know if anyone is game and I’ll try to organise something!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello, my husband and I (age 33 & 35) are moving out to Adelaide on 8th Jan on a 489 visa and we are very excited. Currently living in Hertfordshire/Essex area.  Might be difficult for us to meet up with anyone beforehand due to having a hectic last week or so before we leave, but happy to meet up when out there if possible. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Jody! My husband and I (32 & 33) are moving to Adelaide on 2nd Jan, currently on a weeks holiday in Melbourne. We’re both from Essex (Epping area) but had been living in Hertfordshire before leaving the UK (small world 🙂) and will know no one in Adelaide. If you guys fancy meeting up when you’re there and settled let us know!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It would be great to meet up, we also do not know anyone there. 

Edited by VERYSTORMY
Forum rules

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow, so close! Good luck with the moves, both of you, hope it goes smoothly!

 

What part(s) of Adelaide are you both going to?

Edited by GB537

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 28/12/2019 at 21:30, GB537 said:

Hi guys! I wasn’t quite sure where to post this...

I was wondering if anybody here is due to move to SA in the new year?

Im heading out on a 489 visa, first for a 3 week holiday in March, then moving properly in mid April. Looking to settle in Seaford, south of Adelaide. 

I was wondering if anybody else due to move over there would like to meet up in the UK before going? Maybe get to know people in advance so it doesn’t feel quite so lonely once we get there? My sister did something similar before she emigrated and is still good friends with a bunch of other expats 15 years later!

Anyway, let me know if anyone is game and I’ll try to organise something!

Hi,

Seaford is where we’ve been looking at too! We’re still waiting on our visas but had CO contact so hopeful that we won’t be waiting too much longer and then heading out there by the end of July 2020. We (hubby and I - plus a 2 year old too) would be happy to meet up but we live in the nottinghamshire area not London. 


AITSL Skills Assessment submitted: 02/01/19 ~ Successful AITSL Skills Assessment: 25/02/19 (Early Childhood (Pre-Primary) Teacher)  ~ EOI lodged: 16/05/19 (SA 489)  ~ SA sponsorship approved and invited to apply for 489: 29/06/19 ~ Visa application submitted: 02/08/19 ~ Visa granted: 14/01/2020🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, hopefully you should have your grant soon. The waiting is so stressful, isn't it?!

Would you be interested in meeting up somewhere in the middle? Is anywhere like Oxford/Cambridge/Northampton etc easy to get to? Happy to travel out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Guys,

Not Sure if any of you are still about on here.

My wife and I would also be happy to meet up in Adelaide. We've been here since June 2019 and are both 32. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How did the moves go, @Jody & @TheReads? I hope you're all settling in okay!

 

@Jsmull87 I'm still here! I won't be over until March (3 week hols, then the big move in Mid April). It's a bit early but I can look at meet up places, if everyone lets me know their suburb, I can try find somewhere convenient. Unless you'd prefer the city?

How are you finding living over there?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@GB537 we love it. Things Like jobs fell into place for us quickly which really helped. There’s so much to see and do around the city. The weather just makes everything better.
Adelaide is so easy to get around that nearly everywhere is convenient 😂   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is a really good idea. We don’t have our visas yet, but will probably look to do something like this before we move in a couple of years.


Please follow my blog. It has been sporadic, and much like the visa process seems to have lots of lulls interspersed with occasional bouts of activity, but as things get closer I am posting more.

wantingdownunder.wordpress.com

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Jsmull87it’d be great to meet up! I’ve no idea how to private message on here to give you our contact details? I’ve tried a couple of times but it won’t let me send a message 🤔

@GB537let us know when you’re here as we’d love to meet you for a “welcome to Adelaide” drink 🙂 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Jody 

@TheReads

@Jsmull87

 

So, finally managed to find this post again! I'm now in living in Adelaide, Seaford Meadows. With the pubs and other entertainment venues starting to open up again, I thought it would be a good time to resurrect this post.

If any of you are keen to still meet, PM me (or group chat maybe, if that's possible here?) and we can arrange a time and a place!

Hope you're all doing well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Im a northerner in Adelaide. Will I be allowed please? 🙂

Edited by JetBlast

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JetBlast said:

Im a northerner in Adelaide. Will I be allowed please? 🙂

Of course! The more the merrier! Where are you based?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, GB537 said:

Of course! The more the merrier! Where are you based?

I’m in the southern suburbs. Mitcham. Although it’s a quick train ride to the CBD. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, JetBlast said:

I’m in the southern suburbs. Mitcham. Although it’s a quick train ride to the CBD. 

Ok, great. I'm in Seaford Meadows, happy to meet anywhere really. Do you know any decent places to go? I arrived literally just as everywhere started to be closed down so I have no idea what the bars/pubs/restaurants are like!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GB537 said:

Ok, great. I'm in Seaford Meadows, happy to meet anywhere really. Do you know any decent places to go? I arrived literally just as everywhere started to be closed down so I have no idea what the bars/pubs/restaurants are like!

What kind of thing are you into? Are you single or a couple?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The reason I ask is if there are more guys into beers there are a good few places I know that do al sorts of craft beers. But if there is a mix of people there are other places. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, JetBlast said:

What kind of thing are you into? Are you single or a couple?

I'm single. Drink wise, I'm generally into spirits, and anywhere with music is a plus for me, but I'm also happy just to try out anything different and just see what's about 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a few ideas. Do you like live music? The Adelaide casino has a roof top bar that’s good for bands and stuff. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey, the move over went well. After the first six weeks in Airbnb we have now ended up living in Hove, Adelaide. 
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey guys

My name is Scott originally from Dublin, Ireland living in Adelaide since 2017.

Was just wondering if anyone was keen to meet up for a drink or coffee?

I am living in Walkerville but a regular down in Port Noarlunga for paddle boarding so happy to travel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Siroche90 said:

Hey guys

My name is Scott originally from Dublin, Ireland living in Adelaide since 2017.

Was just wondering if anyone was keen to meet up for a drink or coffee?

I am living in Walkerville but a regular down in Port Noarlunga for paddle boarding so happy to travel

Hi Scott!

I’d be keen to meet up. 

I’m in Christie’s Beach now - maybe let me know next time you’re down here paddle boarding or we can find somewhere halfway :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Siroche90 said:

Hey guys

My name is Scott originally from Dublin, Ireland living in Adelaide since 2017.

Was just wondering if anyone was keen to meet up for a drink or coffee?

I am living in Walkerville but a regular down in Port Noarlunga for paddle boarding so happy to travel

Im not in your area but keen for a catch up in the city if you are?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×