You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

GB537

London meet up for SA movers

Hi guys! I wasn’t quite sure where to post this...

I was wondering if anybody here is due to move to SA in the new year?

Im heading out on a 489 visa, first for a 3 week holiday in March, then moving properly in mid April. Looking to settle in Seaford, south of Adelaide. 

I was wondering if anybody else due to move over there would like to meet up in the UK before going? Maybe get to know people in advance so it doesn’t feel quite so lonely once we get there? My sister did something similar before she emigrated and is still good friends with a bunch of other expats 15 years later!

Anyway, let me know if anyone is game and I’ll try to organise something!

Hello, my husband and I (age 33 & 35) are moving out to Adelaide on 8th Jan on a 489 visa and we are very excited. Currently living in Hertfordshire/Essex area.  Might be difficult for us to meet up with anyone beforehand due to having a hectic last week or so before we leave, but happy to meet up when out there if possible. 

Hey Jody! My husband and I (32 & 33) are moving to Adelaide on 2nd Jan, currently on a weeks holiday in Melbourne. We’re both from Essex (Epping area) but had been living in Hertfordshire before leaving the UK (small world 🙂) and will know no one in Adelaide. If you guys fancy meeting up when you’re there and settled let us know!

Posted (edited)

It would be great to meet up, we also do not know anyone there. 

Edited by VERYSTORMY
Forum rules

Posted (edited)

Wow, so close! Good luck with the moves, both of you, hope it goes smoothly!

What part(s) of Adelaide are you both going to?

Edited by GB537

On 28/12/2019 at 21:30, GB537 said:

Hi guys! I wasn’t quite sure where to post this...

I was wondering if anybody here is due to move to SA in the new year?

Im heading out on a 489 visa, first for a 3 week holiday in March, then moving properly in mid April. Looking to settle in Seaford, south of Adelaide. 

I was wondering if anybody else due to move over there would like to meet up in the UK before going? Maybe get to know people in advance so it doesn’t feel quite so lonely once we get there? My sister did something similar before she emigrated and is still good friends with a bunch of other expats 15 years later!

Anyway, let me know if anyone is game and I’ll try to organise something!

Hi,

Seaford is where we’ve been looking at too! We’re still waiting on our visas but had CO contact so hopeful that we won’t be waiting too much longer and then heading out there by the end of July 2020. We (hubby and I - plus a 2 year old too) would be happy to meet up but we live in the nottinghamshire area not London. 

AITSL Skills Assessment submitted: 02/01/19 ~ Successful AITSL Skills Assessment: 25/02/19 (Early Childhood (Pre-Primary) Teacher)  ~ EOI lodged: 16/05/19 (SA 489)  ~ SA sponsorship approved and invited to apply for 489: 29/06/19 ~ Visa application submitted: 02/08/19 ~ Visa granted: 14/01/2020🙂

Yes, hopefully you should have your grant soon. The waiting is so stressful, isn't it?!

Would you be interested in meeting up somewhere in the middle? Is anywhere like Oxford/Cambridge/Northampton etc easy to get to? Happy to travel out.

Hi Guys,

Not Sure if any of you are still about on here.

My wife and I would also be happy to meet up in Adelaide. We've been here since June 2019 and are both 32. 

How did the moves go, @Jody & @TheReads? I hope you're all settling in okay!

@Jsmull87 I'm still here! I won't be over until March (3 week hols, then the big move in Mid April). It's a bit early but I can look at meet up places, if everyone lets me know their suburb, I can try find somewhere convenient. Unless you'd prefer the city?

How are you finding living over there?

@GB537 we love it. Things Like jobs fell into place for us quickly which really helped. There’s so much to see and do around the city. The weather just makes everything better.
Adelaide is so easy to get around that nearly everywhere is convenient 😂   

This is a really good idea. We don’t have our visas yet, but will probably look to do something like this before we move in a couple of years.

Please follow my blog. It has been sporadic, and much like the visa process seems to have lots of lulls interspersed with occasional bouts of activity, but as things get closer I am posting more.

wantingdownunder.wordpress.com

@Jsmull87it’d be great to meet up! I’ve no idea how to private message on here to give you our contact details? I’ve tried a couple of times but it won’t let me send a message 🤔

@GB537let us know when you’re here as we’d love to meet you for a “welcome to Adelaide” drink 🙂 

• Like 1