London meet up for SA movers

GB537

Hi guys! I wasn’t quite sure where to post this...

I was wondering if anybody here is due to move to SA in the new year?

Im heading out on a 489 visa, first for a 3 week holiday in March, then moving properly in mid April. Looking to settle in Seaford, south of Adelaide. 

I was wondering if anybody else due to move over there would like to meet up in the UK before going? Maybe get to know people in advance so it doesn’t feel quite so lonely once we get there? My sister did something similar before she emigrated and is still good friends with a bunch of other expats 15 years later!

Anyway, let me know if anyone is game and I’ll try to organise something!

Hello, my husband and I (age 33 & 35) are moving out to Adelaide on 8th Jan on a 489 visa and we are very excited. Currently living in Hertfordshire/Essex area.  Might be difficult for us to meet up with anyone beforehand due to having a hectic last week or so before we leave, but happy to meet up when out there if possible. 

Hey Jody! My husband and I (32 & 33) are moving to Adelaide on 2nd Jan, currently on a weeks holiday in Melbourne. We’re both from Essex (Epping area) but had been living in Hertfordshire before leaving the UK (small world 🙂) and will know no one in Adelaide. If you guys fancy meeting up when you’re there and settled let us know!

On 28/12/2019 at 21:30, GB537 said:

Hi guys! I wasn’t quite sure where to post this...

I was wondering if anybody here is due to move to SA in the new year?

Im heading out on a 489 visa, first for a 3 week holiday in March, then moving properly in mid April. Looking to settle in Seaford, south of Adelaide. 

I was wondering if anybody else due to move over there would like to meet up in the UK before going? Maybe get to know people in advance so it doesn’t feel quite so lonely once we get there? My sister did something similar before she emigrated and is still good friends with a bunch of other expats 15 years later!

Anyway, let me know if anyone is game and I’ll try to organise something!

Hi,

Seaford is where we’ve been looking at too! We’re still waiting on our visas but had CO contact so hopeful that we won’t be waiting too much longer and then heading out there by the end of July 2020. We (hubby and I - plus a 2 year old too) would be happy to meet up but we live in the nottinghamshire area not London. 

Yes, hopefully you should have your grant soon. The waiting is so stressful, isn't it?!

Would you be interested in meeting up somewhere in the middle? Is anywhere like Oxford/Cambridge/Northampton etc easy to get to? Happy to travel out.

• 2 weeks later...

How did the moves go, @Jody & @TheReads? I hope you're all settling in okay!

@Jsmull87 I'm still here! I won't be over until March (3 week hols, then the big move in Mid April). It's a bit early but I can look at meet up places, if everyone lets me know their suburb, I can try find somewhere convenient. Unless you'd prefer the city?

How are you finding living over there?

• 4 months later...

@Jody 

@TheReads

@Jsmull87

So, finally managed to find this post again! I'm now in living in Adelaide, Seaford Meadows. With the pubs and other entertainment venues starting to open up again, I thought it would be a good time to resurrect this post.

If any of you are keen to still meet, PM me (or group chat maybe, if that's possible here?) and we can arrange a time and a place!

Hope you're all doing well.

5 minutes ago, JetBlast said:

I’m in the southern suburbs. Mitcham. Although it’s a quick train ride to the CBD. 

Ok, great. I'm in Seaford Meadows, happy to meet anywhere really. Do you know any decent places to go? I arrived literally just as everywhere started to be closed down so I have no idea what the bars/pubs/restaurants are like!

1 minute ago, GB537 said:

Ok, great. I'm in Seaford Meadows, happy to meet anywhere really. Do you know any decent places to go? I arrived literally just as everywhere started to be closed down so I have no idea what the bars/pubs/restaurants are like!

What kind of thing are you into? Are you single or a couple?

15 minutes ago, JetBlast said:

What kind of thing are you into? Are you single or a couple?

I'm single. Drink wise, I'm generally into spirits, and anywhere with music is a plus for me, but I'm also happy just to try out anything different and just see what's about 🙂

• 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Hey guys

My name is Scott originally from Dublin, Ireland living in Adelaide since 2017.

Was just wondering if anyone was keen to meet up for a drink or coffee?

I am living in Walkerville but a regular down in Port Noarlunga for paddle boarding so happy to travel

21 hours ago, Siroche90 said:

Hey guys

I am living in Walkerville but a regular down in Port Noarlunga for paddle boarding so happy to travel

Hi Scott!

I’d be keen to meet up. 

I’m in Christie’s Beach now - maybe let me know next time you’re down here paddle boarding or we can find somewhere halfway :)

22 hours ago, Siroche90 said:

Hey guys

Im not in your area but keen for a catch up in the city if you are?