Registered nurse job in Perth

Dipi

Hi there, 

I'm currently living and working in the UK as a registered nurse. Now, I'm in the process of migrating in Perth (will be working as Registered Nurse) , awaiting EOI response /invitation letter. So I would like to know if someone can help me with ideas/suggestions for looking for online jobs. 

Many thanks 

Look at jobs WA - all the public sector jobs will be advertised there, sponsorship is a rarity these days - if you are looking to apply for jobs, it will be advantageous if you already have AHPRA registration and a visa.  RN positions are very competitive in the sheer number of applicants

• Like 1

Hi, 

Thank you. I've already registered with AHPRA recently in November. Now I've applied for EOI and waiting for invitation. Then I will apply for visa. I'm particularly looking for job as perioperative registered nurse, not sure how much the scope will be for this kind of job. 

Many thanks. 

2 hours ago, Dipi said:

Hi, 

Thank you. I've already registered with AHPRA recently in November. Now I've applied for EOI and waiting for invitation. Then I will apply for visa. I'm particularly looking for job as perioperative registered nurse, not sure how much the scope will be for this kind of job. 

In that case there's no point looking for jobs yet.  It is possible you will not be invited, and even if you are invited, you may not be granted the visa. So things are too uncertain right now and employers will not be willing to offer you a job on that basis.  Best to wait.

On 30/12/2019 at 01:56, Marisawright said:

In that case there's no point looking for jobs yet.  It is possible you will not be invited, and even if you are invited, you may not be granted the visa. So things are too uncertain right now and employers will not be willing to offer you a job on that basis.  Best to wait.

Marisawright is correct. I worked as a nurse in Perth for many years. It's now nearly impossible to secure a position without being there in person. When you arrive in Perth, send your CV to all the hospitals that you are interested in and make it clear that you are living in Perth and available to start work straight away. You could also try agency nursing, but the issue with that is you would need a car really, as you could be sent anywhere in the area at short notice, though booked shifts are sometimes available too.