Decision Made...

RoundInCircles

1 hour ago, RoundInCircles said:

Thank you for messaging me Marisawright.  My doctor isn't a "friend" and hasn't known me long enough anyway.  I've managed to track down an old friend who is teaching!  Yay!

My doctor wasn’t a friend either, but it doesn’t  have to be a friend, just someone who has known you for the required length of time

Edited by Marisawright

4 hours ago, Marisawright said:

My doctor wasn’t a friend either, but it doesn’t  have to be a friend, just someone who has known you for the required length of time

Hi Marisawright 🙂 I wasn't sure if I was interpreting the requirements correctly so I ended up calling them during the week.  The person I spoke to said it is as per the info online...I've attached an image.  I thought for sure I could take all my id to, say, a Justice of the Peace, for example...and get them to certify I am who I am but, no...perhaps things have changed recently?  I don't know... but at least I can get my id signed off now 🙂 

thumbnail_20200209_212150.jpg

1 hour ago, RoundInCircles said:

Hi Marisawright 🙂 I wasn't sure if I was interpreting the requirements correctly so I ended up calling them during the week.  The person I spoke to said it is as per the info online...I've attached an image.  I thought for sure I could take all my id to, say, a Justice of the Peace, for example...and get them to certify I am who I am but, no...perhaps things have changed recently?  I don't know... but at least I can get my id signed off now 🙂 

Well, a Justice of the Peace wouldn't do, unless you've known them for two years!   I can't recall if that was the exact wording when I did it but I had been with my doctor for the required length of time and it was fine.  Glad to hear you've found someone anyway.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, RoundInCircles said:

Hi Vickie78...many thanks for your message.  I'm relieved to be able to say that I've tracked down an old friend who is currently teaching!  I feel a little less stressed now lol!

Great news, Yes I was perplexed when I first went to apply as I missed the Commonwealth Passport holder information initially, I read it, but didn't take it in? But it all worked out. I was actually surprised how easy and fast I got our Passports too given we were all new applications and being in the UK etc. Faster than my kids Aussie ones lol. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, RoundInCircles said:

thumbnail_20200209_212150.jpg

I think it means that you don't have to have a professional who has known you in that capacity, you can have someone who has  known you as a friend or neighbour for the required period but who is or was one of the professionals in the list. But of course it could be a person who had known you in their professional role for more than 2 years. Psychologist wasnt on the list specifically but it's accepted by the passport office as being professional enough so there is a bit of leeway with respect to professional role. I've countersigned several for friends over the years. 

Edited by Quoll
  • Like 2

23 hours ago, Marisawright said:

Well, a Justice of the Peace wouldn't do, unless you've known them for two years!   I can't recall if that was the exact wording when I did it but I had been with my doctor for the required length of time and it was fine.  Glad to hear you've found someone anyway.

LOL That's exactly right, Marisawright!  Ah, the good ol' days when things were much simpler then.

Many regards...

15 hours ago, Vickie78 said:

Great news, Yes I was perplexed when I first went to apply as I missed the Commonwealth Passport holder information initially, I read it, but didn't take it in? But it all worked out. I was actually surprised how easy and fast I got our Passports too given we were all new applications and being in the UK etc. Faster than my kids Aussie ones lol. 

Hi Vickie78 🙂 Yes, I read the information, then re-read it again...I certainly think it could be interpreted a couple of different ways which is why I decided to call them directly! LOL.  I hope there is a quick turn around for receiving the Passport...I'm so keen to get it!  My teacher friend is away at the moment and my patience is getting the better of me...the clock's ticking and I just want to be on my way LOL.

Kind regards...

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Quoll said:

I think it means that you don't have to have a professional who has known you in that capacity, you can have someone who has  known you as a friend or neighbour for the required period but who is or was one of the professionals in the list. But of course it could be a person who had known you in their professional role for more than 2 years. Psychologist wasnt on the list specifically but it's accepted by the passport office as being professional enough so there is a bit of leeway with respect to professional role. I've countersigned several for friends over the years. 

I found the way it was worded at little confusing so I decided to call them directly and get the official word from them.  Mind you, I got the feeling that perhaps what one officer says may NOT be what the next one says if I had to ring them a second time LOL.  It's like that a lot isn't it when you have to ring call centres multiple times...you get a different story almost EVERY time!

Kind regards...

• Like 2