Parent visa

Simon millet

2 hours ago, Simon millet said:

My wife and I applied for parent visas last January,I recently heard that the waiting time from 5-6 years had reduced.

No, it's got even longer.  The official figure of 52 months is based on the applications being processed now - which are the people who applied in 2015. 

I don't know why they base their waiting times on historical figures, because it would be easy for them to base it on the current queue and the current annual quota.  I can only guess that they don't want it to look as bad as it really is. 

The waiting time will definitely be longer for those currently in the queue because there was a big flood of applications in 2016 and it's going to take a long time to clear them with the current annual quotas.  So those who applied in 2017/18/19 have a very long wait ahead. 

THEY tried to delete various 'family' visa classes, but the senate disallowed the bill.

THEY then dealt with the issue administratively by dribbling out a few visas each year for visa classes they did not fancy. 

The current policy is to give preference to wealthy investors and skilled applicants, particularity in the latter case for those willing to work on a temporary visa in the middle of nowhere.

Here is some homework:

How much money is sent overseas each year for the support of parents who for one reason or another cannot obtain residence in Australia and what would they do if they were here, waste their time babysitting grandchildren and queuing for free hospital treatment?

If brains were dynamite most of THEM would not be able to blow the wax out of their ears.

AVAGOOD New Year

• Like 1

On 26/12/2019 at 08:42, wrussell said:

THEY tried to delete various 'family' visa classes, but the senate disallowed the bill.

THEY then dealt with the issue administratively by dribbling out a few visas each year for visa classes they did not fancy. 

I think it's important that parents are aware of that fact.   The government would close the doors on parent visas if they could, and who's to say they won't achieve that goal in future years, if they have enough control of the senate.