QCT Teacher registration.

31Hillbury

1 hour ago, Lambert said:

I got my invite already.. but I am onshore. They’ve mentioned they have limited quota for 190 left, so you’ll probably get 491 (which is still a good option)

Yeah we’re fine with the 491, it’s a good option and they have more spaces available meaning more chances of us getting one!

Hows your application going for the 190? Has it continued to go quite quick for you?

46 minutes ago, 31Hillbury said:

Ahh, I thought it had been posted somewhere. 

I wonder if they will issue anything for offshore 190s? 

I think I might end up submitting a EOI under my occupation for a 491. QLD hasn’t shut that yet have they? 

I read on a different site that all the 190s have been issued but obviously have no idea whether this is true. I also read that 491s have been issued to onshore people which leads me to think the 190s are all done maybe?

The 491 is still open for QLD 😊

29 minutes ago, 31Hillbury said:

Which site did you read that Ric? 
I need to get the PTE done and a 491 submitted before they close that up. 

I can’t help but feel if they released a bit more information they could really clear the picture up for people instead of leaving them in the dark. 

The problem is that they don't necessarily have a quota for 190 or 491 based on specific skills. They invite "on-spec" based on need at the time and the pool to choose from.

Similarly they don't give more information so that they can't be held to it in the future if they miss (or go over) that number 

I'd rush through the PTE if I was you, it is simple - I signed up for it on the Monday and took it on the Thursday got 90's and the dream was a go. No point in holding back in doing the PTE.

Put simply if as a teacher you can't get 79+ you probably shouldn't be a teacher

2 hours ago, Ausvisitor said:

The problem is that they don't necessarily have a quota for 190 or 491 based on specific skills. They invite "on-spec" based on need at the time and the pool to choose from.

Similarly they don't give more information so that they can't be held to it in the future if they miss (or go over) that number 

I'd rush through the PTE if I was you, it is simple - I signed up for it on the Monday and took it on the Thursday got 90's and the dream was a go. No point in holding back in doing the PTE.

Put simply if as a teacher you can't get 79+ you probably shouldn't be a teacher

Hi mate

The wife is the teacher, she’s already got the scores needed. 

I’m an Aircon engineer and was just thinking might be easier to cover all bases and get pte done so we can have more irons in the fire so to speak.

3 hours ago, 31Hillbury said:

Hi mate

The wife is the teacher, she’s already got the scores needed. 

I’m an Aircon engineer and was just thinking might be easier to cover all bases and get pte done so we can have more irons in the fire so to speak.

It's about £150 to take the PTE, I'd do it so you have it. What you do with it after that you can decide once you have it.

6 hours ago, PickledRic said:

Yeah we’re fine with the 491, it’s a good option and they have more spaces available meaning more chances of us getting one!

Hows your application going for the 190? Has it continued to go quite quick for you?

I read on a different site that all the 190s have been issued but obviously have no idea whether this is true. I also read that 491s have been issued to onshore people which leads me to think the 190s are all done maybe?

The 491 is still open for QLD 😊

Yeah 491 is still open for QLD and I don’t think it’ll close anytime soon. I’d get the EOI in for it ASAP!

I got the pre invite on the Thursday, got the official invite the day after and submitted everything that day! Takes a few months now, fingers crossed nothing goes wrong!!

Hi. I am just starting to apply for my registration. When adding teaching experience, the website keeps changing the dates that I add to it for each of my posts by a day or two. I've tried it in chrome and Microsoft edge. Any ideas? Did this happen with anyone else?

4 hours ago, Aarti L said:

Hi. I am just starting to apply for my registration. When adding teaching experience, the website keeps changing the dates that I add to it for each of my posts by a day or two. I've tried it in chrome and Microsoft edge. Any ideas? Did this happen with anyone else?

No.. how odd!

Try clearing cache and then doing it again 

On 20/12/2019 at 08:43, PickledRic said:

Hi Eddie,

we had to send a new one as they wouldn’t accept our original one dated from February. I applied for the police check on Thursday last week and paid the £80 for the quick service and had it in the post on the Saturday. Well worth the money!

Hi Ric, 

Did you send a certified copy of the certificate? or did you just send the certificate. 

Thanks.

Eddie

2 minutes ago, 31Hillbury said:

Hi Ric, 

Did you send a certified copy of the certificate? or did you just send the certificate. 

Thanks.

Eddie

Although I didn't do the teacher assessment I needed to do something similar. I just ordered more than one copy of the police certificate when I requested it, this way I could send an original but have another copy if needed

3 hours ago, Ausvisitor said:

Although I didn't do the teacher assessment I needed to do something similar. I just ordered more than one copy of the police certificate when I requested it, this way I could send an original but have another copy if needed

Unfortunatly, I dont think there was an option to have multiple copies of the cert, 

Ill get it certed and sent off.

4 hours ago, 31Hillbury said:

Unfortunatly, I dont think there was an option to have multiple copies of the cert, 

Ill get it certed and sent off.

Hi Eddie,

I got it certified and sent off the copy, it didn’t request an original and I figured it would be good to keep hold of for the visa application etc.

2 hours ago, PickledRic said:

Hi Eddie,

I got it certified and sent off the copy, it didn’t request an original and I figured it would be good to keep hold of for the visa application etc.

Yeah that’s right.. you don’t need to send off the originals. Always keep them

• 2 weeks later...

Heard back from QCT yesterday saying they would try and get it processed this week for us.

Sent ICPC Monday 6th jan, international signed, to their GPO box. I hope it gets there. I used a different Post office this time, I would have normally sent international tracked not signed. 

Anybody have any input or experiences like this?  

2 hours ago, 31Hillbury said:

Heard back from QCT yesterday saying they would try and get it processed this week for us.

Sent ICPC Monday 6th jan, international signed, to their GPO box. I hope it gets there. I used a different Post office this time, I would have normally sent international tracked not signed. 

Anybody have any input or experiences like this?  

I sent mine DHL.. the UK post is shit 

18 minutes ago, Lambert said:

I sent mine DHL.. the UK post is shit 

I haven’t had any real issues getting stuff to them in the past. I’m hoping I don’t have any issues this time round either. Was just concerned with it being signed for and the QCT address is a GPO Box