QCT Teacher registration.

31Hillbury

2 hours ago, 31Hillbury said:

Hi,

Has anybody had to submit UK police checks to QCT for their registration.

If so which did you provide and how long did it take for you to receive them from ACRO

Much appreciated.

Thanks

Eddie

Yeah you need the ICPC (international one). Takes around 3 weeks 

6 hours ago, 31Hillbury said:

Hi @Lambert

We tried last night to fill it out but it wouldn’t let us select UK in the drop down menu, any ideas? 

Thanks

You need it from the Queensland college of teachers. It’s from the UK for Australia. If that makes sense 

So essentially you need to choose Australia 

Hi Ric,

I believe it’s the ICPC form we have just submitted for. They seemed reluctant to accept any others. They have also thrown out all of our other paperwork that we had certified in the style requested by AITSL as the wording wasn’t to there liking. 
not happy with them at all! 
they never mentioned this when they asked for more information. So I will have everything re certified again today and in the post by the end of the day! 

3 minutes ago, 31Hillbury said:

Hi Ric,

I believe it’s the ICPC form we have just submitted for. They seemed reluctant to accept any others. They have also thrown out all of our other paperwork that we had certified in the style requested by AITSL as the wording wasn’t to there liking. 
not happy with them at all! 
they never mentioned this when they asked for more information. So I will have everything re certified again today and in the post by the end of the day! 

What a pain in the arse

Just now, Lambert said:

What a pain in the arse

Tell me about it. 
They have been everything but helpful in this application. Not accepting the same paperwork as processed and approved by AITSL? 
DOES NOT MAKE SENSE. 
getting us to fill out a stat declaration form that’s specific to Australian residents! 
does not make sense

5 minutes ago, 31Hillbury said:

Tell me about it. 
They have been everything but helpful in this application. Not accepting the same paperwork as processed and approved by AITSL? 
DOES NOT MAKE SENSE. 
getting us to fill out a stat declaration form that’s specific to Australian residents! 
does not make sense

Agree it sounds like a right PITA...

However they make the rules and if you want to play the game you have to do it their way

On 20/12/2019 at 09:02, 31Hillbury said:

Tell me about it. 
DOES NOT MAKE SENSE. 
does not make sense

That’s so frustrating, I hope they accept what I’ve sent them then.

they didn’t clarify what they were looking for at all in terms of the police check they just said the date was wrong so I’m hoping they’re not expecting the ICPC, they didn’t say the standard police check was wrong though it was just the date they had an issue with? Really hope I don’t have to spend more money on a different check and have to wait again for it to get there 😩

The teacher registration thing has probably been the most frustrating part for us so far!

Edited by PickledRic
Adding info

35 minutes ago, PickledRic said:

That’s so frustrating, I hope they accept what I’ve sent them then.

they didn’t clarify what they were looking for at all in terms of the police check they just said the date was wrong so I’m hoping they’re not expecting the ICPC, they didn’t say the standard police check was wrong though it was just the date they had an issue with? Really hope I don’t have to spend more money on a different check and have to wait again for it to get there 😩

The teacher registration thing has probably been the most frustrating part for us so far!

It’s definitely the ICPC you need unfortunately 😔

On 21/12/2019 at 12:14, Lambert said:

It’s definitely the ICPC you need unfortunately 😔

Nooooooo 😩

I’m trying to stay positive about the whole thing but it’s really difficult sometimes, it does feel like a really convoluted process at times.

I’ll just wait for them to tell me I’ve got it wrong again 😂

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, just wanted to update, the QCT got our police check (just the standard one) and have seemingly accepted it.

I’ve sent off for the ICPC one as I was worried they wouldn’t be happy with the basic one but they just said they’ve received it they’re processing our case. 

Here’s hoping things go smoothly! 

How are things going with your application Eddie?

47 minutes ago, PickledRic said:

Hi, just wanted to update, the QCT got our police check (just the standard one) and have seemingly accepted it.

I’ve sent off for the ICPC one as I was worried they wouldn’t be happy with the basic one but they just said they’ve received it they’re processing our case. 

Here’s hoping things go smoothly! 

How are things going with your application Eddie?

Hi Ric.

We resent all documents apart from the icpc, as they said they had received everything then another department emailed back saying some stuff wasn’t certified to their liking! 🤯 

Had to send a stat declaration saying we would send the certificate when it arrives, just need to get it certified and then I’ll post it to them. 

Still have finger crossed for the 190. Who knows what’s going on at the moment 😂😂

5 minutes ago, 31Hillbury said:

Hi Ric.

We resent all documents apart from the icpc, as they said they had received everything then another department emailed back saying some stuff wasn’t certified to their liking! 🤯 

Had to send a stat declaration saying we would send the certificate when it arrives, just need to get it certified and then I’ll post it to them. 

Still have finger crossed for the 190. Who knows what’s going on at the moment 😂😂

Ah gosh that's so frustrating, at least it's almost done now thought.

I'm hoping once the reg comes through we'll get an invite but as you said, we have no idea what's going on. I know some people have received 190 and even 491 invites from QLD but it does seem they are prioritising onshore at the moment; fingers crossed the new year will mean lots of invites!!

3 hours ago, PickledRic said:

Ah gosh that's so frustrating, at least it's almost done now thought.

I'm hoping once the reg comes through we'll get an invite but as you said, we have no idea what's going on. I know some people have received 190 and even 491 invites from QLD but it does seem they are prioritising onshore at the moment; fingers crossed the new year will mean lots of invites!!

I hadn’t heard of anybody getting 190’s yet. Not on this latest round anyway? 
yeah, they seem to have been more picky than AITSL. 

FINGERS CROSSED

3 hours ago, Lambert said:

Everyone (it seems) whose got a pre-invite for QLD at moment are onshore 

This is what I’ve seen too. i think they are definitely prioritising onshore first which does seem to make sense to be fair.

We’ve got our EOI in for the 189 but obviously have no chance with that, and then put our EOI’s in for QLD when it opened for both the 190 and 491. I’m thinking it’s likely to be the 491 for us if any but we’re not fussy, we can easily meet the criteria to then go for the following visa to get PR.

Just have no idea when they’ll start inviting offshore and what this will look like!

14 minutes ago, PickledRic said:

This is what I’ve seen too. i think they are definitely prioritising onshore first which does seem to make sense to be fair.

We’ve got our EOI in for the 189 but obviously have no chance with that, and then put our EOI’s in for QLD when it opened for both the 190 and 491. I’m thinking it’s likely to be the 491 for us if any but we’re not fussy, we can easily meet the criteria to then go for the following visa to get PR.

Just have no idea when they’ll start inviting offshore and what this will look like!

I got my invite already.. but I am onshore. They’ve mentioned they have limited quota for 190 left, so you’ll probably get 491 (which is still a good option)

1 hour ago, Lambert said:

Well I already live here so hear things all the time 

Ahh, I thought it had been posted somewhere. 

I wonder if they will issue anything for offshore 190s? 

I think I might end up submitting a EOI under my occupation for a 491. QLD hasn’t shut that yet have they?