You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

kym0369

482-PR baby advice

Looking for a little bit of help here. Currently on a 482 tss visa and can apply for PR in July 2021. What would happen if I fell pregnant before then? Would this potentially stop me getting PR as there would be another person on my application? I’ve tried looking online but nothing is coming up, any info would be amazing 

This is not an issue. 

• Thanks 1

Paul Hand

Registered Migration Agent, MARN 1801974

SunCoast Migration Ltd

All comments are general in nature and do not constitute legal or migration advice. Comments may not be applicable or appropriate to your specific situation. 

Just be aware as a temporary visa holder you wouldn’t be entitled to any Centrelink benefits such as paid parental leave /dad and partner pay. You would, I think get paid leave from work if you have been with your employer for the minimum amount of time (I think 12 months but not 100% on that). But be mindful when you return to work you couldn’t claim CCS (child care subsidy) which would make childcare very expensive. 

• Thanks 1

Due to escalating bills and budgetary cuts in the NHS, unfortunately, the light at the end of the tunnel has had to be switched off.

Thank you Paul great to know 

That’s no worries wonderingaloud as I wouldn’t be looking for any type of benefits or help from Centrelink. Husband works away and I don’t work so childcare is not an issue either 

• Like 1

Cool beans, just worth having all the facts. 
All the best! 

• Thanks 1

Due to escalating bills and budgetary cuts in the NHS, unfortunately, the light at the end of the tunnel has had to be switched off.

On 16/12/2019 at 19:55, kym0369 said:

Thank you Paul great to know 

That’s no worries wonderingaloud as I wouldn’t be looking for any type of benefits or help from Centrelink. Husband works away and I don’t work so childcare is not an issue either 

Hey Kym. I had my little girl 14 weeks ago, I don’t receive any paid parental leave but my partner did get dad/partner pay because he is an Aussie. It doesn’t effect your application as I was pregnant whilst waiting on mine. Good luck!x

State: QLD
LR Country
Stream: DE 187

Number of applicants: 1
Nomination applied:  29th August 2017
Nomination approved: 21st February 2019
Visa applied: 29th August 2017
IMMI Status: Initial assessment as of 21st February 2019

Requested documents submitted: 7th March 2019
(UK Police check, Aus Police check, medical)
PR Granted: 11th March 2019

@SineadK that’s great to hear thank u, I will just need to wait and c what happens now if we are blessed with another