482 sponsor selling business

Hi guys, I have a question that I was hoping you could help with. I'm a 482 visa holder and currently in my 2nd year of sponsorship. My employer has decided that he wants to sell his business. I have been with this business for 5 years and in light of that, the employer wants me to move over to another of his businesses. The role and other entitlements are exactly the same, the only thing that would change would be the business itself and it's location of course. I am of course worried that this is going to reset my timer and result in me having to restart my 3 year period on the 482 visa. The second option I have is to stick with the new employer that is buying this current business and is willing to sponsor me as well.
Thanks for patiently reading this. So my question is, which of these situations will I be able to carry forward the time I've spent on my visa rather than having to start over. Thank you.